[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 22-28

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 22-28

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:11 am

25% off all Toy Story & Toy Story 3
20% off all Space Police, Creator & Indiana Jones
20% off all Hero Factory plus free Powerband with purchase
20% off all basic buckets and box sets

Free Minifig with LEGO purchase over $35
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 22-28

Post by Toronadian » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 am

Return of the 20% straight off for Lego Creator! Time to get either Grand Emporium or if the TRU website fixes itself and counts Fire Brigade into the sale (listed under City at the moment but last week's screwed up sale, Fire Brigade was still counted as an item that qualified for a sale; presumably as a Creator set).

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks for the news Hodgeman. I would also like to add the following info to the sale.
  • First 200 families per store on Saturday October 23 and Sunday October 24 will receive a savings card for $10 off $40 purchases on that day
So wake up early on those days to save some more!

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Toronadian wrote:Return of the 20% straight off for Lego Creator! Time to get either Grand Emporium or if the TRU website fixes itself and counts Fire Brigade into the sale (listed under City at the moment but last week's screwed up sale, Fire Brigade was still counted as an item that qualified for a sale; presumably as a Creator set).
I don't know if your a Kingdoms fan or not, but it may be a better deal for last week's sale compared to this week.

Just order 3 Kingdoms Knights Showdown ($9.99) and a Grand Emporium ($199.99) and you can either save 25% or 30% off depending on the customer rep you get.

So lets say you get 25% off, then you can get all of the above for $172.5. But if you get the Grand Emporium for next week's sale for 20% off, you pay $160. (25% off Grand Emporium is $150. The extra 5% sale saves you an extra $10)

I don't know about you, but I would rather get 3 Kingdoms Knights Showdown for an extra $12.5. You can then sell it to help ease out the Grand Emporium cost.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Senator wrote:
Toronadian wrote:Return of the 20% straight off for Lego Creator! Time to get either Grand Emporium or if the TRU website fixes itself and counts Fire Brigade into the sale (listed under City at the moment but last week's screwed up sale, Fire Brigade was still counted as an item that qualified for a sale; presumably as a Creator set).
I don't know if your a Kingdoms fan or not, but it may be a better deal for last week's sale compared to this week.

Just order 3 Kingdoms Knights Showdown ($9.99) and a Grand Emporium ($199.99) and you can either save 25% or 30% off depending on the customer rep you get.

So lets say you get 25% off, then you can get all of the above for $172.5. But if you get the Grand Emporium for next week's sale for 20% off, you pay $160. (25% off Grand Emporium is $150. The extra 5% sale saves you an extra $10)

I don't know about you, but I would rather get 3 Kingdoms Knights Showdown for an extra $12.5. You can then sell it to help ease out the Grand Emporium cost.
Your math is without the tax but I get what you mean. With tax, if I get 3x Kingdom Knights Showdown and Grand Emporium or Fire Brigade (likely Fire Brigade since it's gonna be out of production sooner), this is how it adds up.

[(9.99 x 3 + 199.99) x 0.75] x 1.13 = 194.89

If I just get Grand Emporium/Fire Brigade in the upcoming sale, with tax:

199.99 x 0.8 x 1.13 = 180.79

The difference here is:

194.89 - 180.79 = 14.10

So for an extra $14.10, I can get 3 additional Kingdom Knights Showdown sets. :)

Thanks a lot, now you've tempted me :P ...gonna give it some thought (which will likely end with me doing it the way you suggested; I might sell the 3 other Kingdoms sets but I'll probably completely forget about that).
Ice wrote:Thanks for the news Hodgeman. I would also like to add the following info to the sale.
  • First 200 families per store on Saturday October 23 and Sunday October 24 will receive a savings card for $10 off $40 purchases on that day
Do I get this by just being one of the first 200 to walk in-store?

Man...this site is awesome 8-) but it's making me poor :| .

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Toronadian wrote:
Ice wrote:Thanks for the news Hodgeman. I would also like to add the following info to the sale.
Do I get this by just being one of the first 200 to walk in-store?

Man...this site is awesome 8-) but it's making me poor :| .
Its either the first 200 that walk in or first 200 to the cashier. So head there early! ;)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Toronadian wrote:Your math is without the tax but I get what you mean. With tax, if I get 3x Kingdom Knights Showdown and Grand Emporium or Fire Brigade (likely Fire Brigade since it's gonna be out of production sooner), this is how it adds up.

[(9.99 x 3 + 199.99) x 0.75] x 1.13 = 194.89

If I just get Grand Emporium/Fire Brigade in the upcoming sale, with tax:

199.99 x 0.8 x 1.13 = 180.79

The difference here is:

194.89 - 180.79 = 14.10

So for an extra $14.10, I can get 3 additional Kingdom Knights Showdown sets. :)

Thanks a lot, now you've tempted me :P ...gonna give it some thought (which will likely end with me doing it the way you suggested; I might sell the 3 other Kingdoms sets but I'll probably completely forget about that).
Alright, so I tried to do what I said above. Like it's been for the whole sale, the website is screwed up and thus I didn't order through there. I called by phone but the CSR said it might be because you can't stack the free shipping with the 25% off (which isn't true with these sales...I've done it in the past no problem of getting both the sale deal PLUS free shipping, which I told him but he said some of these sales get wonky when stacking) but because of the large order he was willing to give it a try. However he was only willing to give me 20% off :? which he said is probably more than what I was suppose to get (I'm assuming he's also working the Free Shipping for $100 into it here). He was really courteous and polite throughout the call though which I did appreciate.

Tried to call back 5 mins later but I got the same rep so I hung up immediately :| . Gonna wait a little until I call again.
Ice wrote:Its either the first 200 that walk in or first 200 to the cashier. So head there early!
Alright, good to know.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Update on my above post...called again and got 30% discount with a different rep! Woot!

But yeah, enough about last week's sale. This upcoming sale is good for those of you that want to get just one item from the themes listed (particularly Creator, with the modular houses and the winter sets) instead of having to buy multiple sets just to get a discount. Based on my previous experiences with the ToysRUs website, the discounts seem to kick in at around 6am EST usually.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:59 am

Toronadian wrote:Update on my above post...called again and got 30% discount with a different rep! Woot!

But yeah, enough about last week's sale. This upcoming sale is good for those of you that want to get just one item from the themes listed (particularly Creator, with the modular houses and the winter sets) instead of having to buy multiple sets just to get a discount. Based on my previous experiences with the ToysRUs website, the discounts seem to kick in at around 6am EST usually.
Thats awesome. Glad my advice helped.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:59 am

This sale is a good opportunity to pick up the remaining Indiana Jones sets before they are gone for good.I guess they would go on clearance at the end, but I have never seen Lego on clearance in ToysRUs. Maybe I'm too slow?

As for the online store, I was in such a hurry to pick up a Grand Emporium that I didn't notice I was charged for shipping, even though the purchase was clearly above $100 and shipping below the $25 limit ($12.53) :( . Anybody else have this experience?

Also, they are out of stock of the Winter Toy Shop, which I really wanted. Also, they don't count the Fire Brigade as a Creator set, but as a City set, so I guess I will have to wait until a City sale? (I won't be surprised if they change it back to Castle when a City sale rolls on by!)

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

$10 off $40 is for first 200 transactions. Thats what they said in their e-newsletter.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 am

Senator wrote:

While I agree on an absolute funds basis, the above strategy is excellent, my take is to maximize savings by buying four large sets with the 30% off, which one can sell (the other three) easier than 3 small kingdoms sets. Yes it requires more capital/investment but those modular homes will only go up in value when they are gone. And it depends whether you want to keep the kingdoms sets. I would suspect green grocer to go out first (despite being on its second run). But with this weeks sale at only 20% nothing at toysrus.ca is worth it.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Green Grocer and Grand Emporium sold out. Emerald Night still instock. This time, Fire Brigade is not included in the sale because its filed under "Lego City". :roll:

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm

did anyone have any problems with their orders? my green grocer arrived all busted up. I ordered another one and that also came crushed, and seals were loose. So I called to get a third one, and found out it was sold out. So they offered $25 off the first one and I am going to return the second. In the end, I got the green grocer for $129 cdn plus taxes (slightly more than 41% off!). Oh, and shipping was also refunded (my shipping was more than $25 because I had 4 large sets shipped). So after this fiasco and from the errors of the orginal sale I got 2 sets at 30% off (taj mahal and carousel) and 2 sets at about 40% off (green grocer and a second carousel) and free shipping.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:35 pm

ricefields wrote:did anyone have any problems with their orders? my green grocer arrived all busted up. I ordered another one and that also came crushed, and seals were loose. So I called to get a third one, and found out it was sold out. So they offered $25 off the first one and I am going to return the second. In the end, I got the green grocer for $129 cdn plus taxes (slightly more than 41% off!). Oh, and shipping was also refunded (my shipping was more than $25 because I had 4 large sets shipped). So after this fiasco and from the errors of the orginal sale I got 2 sets at 30% off (taj mahal and carousel) and 2 sets at about 40% off (green grocer and a second carousel) and free shipping.
When they had 20% off Creator about a month ago (I think it was back in September), I ordered Green Grocer from them. When it came, the box was quite busted up (sides were squashed a bit, etc). I still haven't had the time to open it, check it out and build it but it doesn't look like it's been opened so I would think it's fine.

KEinc
I'm New !

Post by KEinc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:07 am

ricefields wrote:did anyone have any problems with their orders? my green grocer arrived all busted up. I ordered another one and that also came crushed, and seals were loose. So I called to get a third one, and found out it was sold out. So they offered $25 off the first one and I am going to return the second. In the end, I got the green grocer for $129 cdn plus taxes (slightly more than 41% off!). Oh, and shipping was also refunded (my shipping was more than $25 because I had 4 large sets shipped). So after this fiasco and from the errors of the orginal sale I got 2 sets at 30% off (taj mahal and carousel) and 2 sets at about 40% off (green grocer and a second carousel) and free shipping.
When I got mine last week, it was busted pretty badly but not only was the Lego box busted, the TRU box itself was like ripped opened as well... So I just called them and reordered another one for me. Going to get that up today... Hopefully things will be better this time. Just curious, anyone returned a TRU item before and what the process is like? Because when I was talking to the guy on the phone, he told me he will be sending a UPS thing to me for me to return it for free... but I still haven't got that UPS sticker...