[USA] 99 Cent Only Store - Variety of LEGO Dimensions Packs Available at $0.99 Cents

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
rcaranda25
I'm New !

Re: [USA] 99 Cent Only Store - Variety of LEGO Dimensions Pa

Post by rcaranda25 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Southern CA stores - Santa Ana has the following: Homer, Emmett, Sensei Wu, Bad Cop, Golem, Silver Ninja, Gimly, Witch, Cragger? and Winged Eagle man? (not sure what the last two are called).

There was a ton of Homer figures.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Went today and only found a million Krusty's. Manager told me a reseller came in the day before and wiped them out of the others. He said they got 25 cases of each different character.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

snuffles
I'm New !

Post by snuffles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Yesterday I went to five different 99 stores and only one had Back to the Future, Jurassic world, and Doctor Who. I managed to get a few of each. I would suggest visiting many different stores since they all get different inventory and some may run out before others thanks to the resellers that are buying cart full of them to resell. I hope they get stuck with all the inventory. They've flooded Craigslist, eBay and other selling sites. If the store gets a new shipment in the morning, by evening they are sold out so check early if you can. For those of you that don't have a 99 store near, check eBay for low prices due to high supply.

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Snuffles, where are you? In Texas, they appear to all be getting the same stock. I assume you are out in CA, which seems to be where the company started and I am seeing reports of more diverse stock.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Several of my local stores have whittled down their Dimensions displays because they have been told they will probably not get any more, a manager I spoke to at one store told me this. I guess time will show whether this is correct or not.

My stores are mostly packed with Barts and Bad Cops at this point. I also found an ebay seller in my city and they have sold 500+ packs in the last week so I know where my local stock went. Judging by their inventory it looks like I missed out on Dr Who and Samurai X in my area :sad:

I never saw any DC-related team or fun packs, I guess those sold better at retail?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Called a few today in the DFW area and they said they got the same stock as before.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

snuffles
I'm New !

Post by snuffles » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm in Southern California. Got confirmation today that new sets showed up at 1 store in LA Harry Potter Gremlins Ghostbuster Sonic DC Adventure Time Wonder Woman Mr T Cyborg and pretty much the rest of wave 1 2 and 3. Dont give up. Someone mention the way the distribution Works eventually everyone will see these sets at their store. Later you may see the game itself possibly selling for $5? I didn't get these new sets but I will be checking in a few days. Keep checking in the morning. Also some stores in LA are limiting 9 piece per person.

Imagineer1
I'm New !

Post by Imagineer1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:03 pm

That's amazing! I'm in SoCal as well, what area did these show up? Nice to hear that they are limiting sales, one of the guys told me at my local Santa Clarita store that some guy showed up and purchased 300+ still no Scooby or Unikitty

rcaranda25
I'm New !

Post by rcaranda25 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:50 am

Orange county stores have them as well as LA County in California.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 pm

My stores definitely got more stock in as I scored a few Samurai X's this weekend. It looks like I will continue to check now with news of new stock.

I can only imagine how much money the big box stores are losing in sales right now thanks to both the discount stores and ebay resellers.

njdion
I'm New !

Post by njdion » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Local store got more in, as well. I was happy to find the Back to the Future Marty Mcfly set and Doctor Who.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 pm

snuffles wrote:I'm in Southern California. Got confirmation today that new sets showed up at 1 store in LA Harry Potter Gremlins Ghostbuster Sonic DC Adventure Time Wonder Woman Mr T Cyborg and pretty much the rest of wave 1 2 and 3. Dont give up. Someone mention the way the distribution Works eventually everyone will see these sets at their store. Later you may see the game itself possibly selling for $5? I didn't get these new sets but I will be checking in a few days. Keep checking in the morning. Also some stores in LA are limiting 9 piece per person.
I have to question this "confirmation" as it seems odd no one else has seen any of those newer ones mentioned. :???:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Wheeefun wrote: I never saw any DC-related team or fun packs, I guess those sold better at retail?
The game is a WB game, they probably don't want their products being sold for so low. For some reason LEGO is fine with it.

What's nice is the eBay prices have dropped to about $5-$8 for level and team packs, but for some reason Bart is still more expensive. (At around $5)

snuffles
I'm New !

Post by snuffles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Imagineer1 wrote:That's amazing! I'm in SoCal as well, what area did these show up? Nice to hear that they are limiting sales, one of the guys told me at my local Santa Clarita store that some guy showed up and purchased 300+ still no Scooby or Unikitty
I picked up Dr who, back to the future, ninjago team pack and JW from north Hollywood on victory & vineland. There are 3 stores in NoHo. I saw Unikitty at one of them last sat. You can still find it but it's limited.

snuffles
I'm New !

Post by snuffles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:55 pm

adol7 wrote:
snuffles wrote:I'm in Southern California. Got confirmation today that new sets showed up at 1 store in LA Harry Potter Gremlins Ghostbuster Sonic DC Adventure Time Wonder Woman Mr T Cyborg and pretty much the rest of wave 1 2 and 3. Dont give up. Someone mention the way the distribution Works eventually everyone will see these sets at their store. Later you may see the game itself possibly selling for $5? I didn't get these new sets but I will be checking in a few days. Keep checking in the morning. Also some stores in LA are limiting 9 piece per person.
I have to question this "confirmation" as it seems odd no one else has seen any of those newer ones mentioned. :???:
You are right. I'm starting to doubt my source. He posted his findings at another site and many are saying he's trying to get rep points. Someone even spoke to workers & managers and no one has seen those sets. Although I'm hoping it's true and we'll see those sets soon. Wish we know someone who works at this store distribution center.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:05 pm

snuffles wrote:
adol7 wrote:
You are right. I'm starting to doubt my source. He posted his findings at another site and many are saying he's trying to get rep points. Someone even spoke to workers & managers and no one has seen those sets. Although I'm hoping it's true and we'll see those sets soon. Wish we know someone who works at this store distribution center.
Someone said that all of these Dimensions packs came from a shipment bound to Target that was rejected because of poor sales. From what he heard, that was 16 TRAILERS of packs.

Now this is put in to question by the Jay packs (A TRU exclusive) but its the best theory I have heard so far.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Finally got around to checking some stores in Houston. Only found Krusty, Samurai X, Portal & Scooby Doo.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:15 am

This was a hoax. I saw the original instagram pic and the guy who made the claim said it was in Redlands and the surrounding area. I was in the store 2 times last week and asked an employee stocking the shelves about the newer sets and she never saw any of them. She seemed to know exactly which sets a came in and knew the characters by name too.

It would be awesome if that claim was true, but I'm 100% positive it was fake.
snuffles wrote:
adol7 wrote:

ZERO
I'm New !

Post by ZERO » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Why do people lie about items found in stores? What is the point of getting people hopes up and destroying them when its false information. Is there no humanity left in this world?

ZERO
I'm New !

Post by ZERO » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Most stores in my area only have samurai x, Bart, homer, bad cop, ninjago, lord of the rings and a few wizard of oz. They where still in stock in many store since Sunday. My stores where in the Sacramento area and Hayward stores. From what I have gathered they still get consistent shipments of these dimension sets but nothing recent. Mostly old first , second series.....