[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 15-21

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 15-21

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Valid October 15-21 in Canada only

This week, ToysRUs Canada is continuing on their LEGO BrickTober promotion! There are many LEGO deals and events this week so please read everything listed below. Online orders above $100 will qualify you for FREE Shipping as well.

This Week's Sale

ALL LEGO Creator, Kingdoms and Power Miners
  • Buy 2 & Save 15% off, Buy 3 & Save 20% off, or Buy 4 & Save 25% off
ImageImage
LEGO Star Wars Markdowns
  • 8097 Slave I $99.97 (reg.$109.99)
  • 8129 AT-AT Walker $124.97 (reg.$139.99)
  • 8095 General Grievous' Starfighter $59.97 (reg.$69.99)
  • 8087 Tie Defender $54.97 (reg.$69.99)
Plus, you can get a FREE exclusive Star Wars Poster with any $20 Star Wars toy purchase!

Halloween Promotional Event
  • Visit ToysRUs on Saturday October 16 from 12-2pm to make a FREE LEGO Pumpkin!
  • Excludes ToysRUs Express stores. Minimum 100 per store. No rainchecks.
BrickTober Promotional Event - This week's figure is Fire Chief
  • Get a FREE LEGO Minifigure with Magnet Base with any LEGO purchase of $35 or more
  • A new LEGO Minifigure with Magnet Base will be available each week
  • Available instores only while supplies last
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 15-21

Post by BrickUpdate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

I think there needs to be a small correction in the discounts for Creator, Kingdoms & Power Miners.. should that be saving 15% if you buy 2?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Hrm... still not as good as B2G1F, even at the top end of this promo.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:I think there needs to be a small correction in the discounts for Creator, Kingdoms & Power Miners.. should that be saving 15% if you buy 2?
You are correct, it is 15% off when you buy 2. Thanks BrickUpdate. :)

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Anyone notice that Fire Brigade is now listed under "city" instead of "creator"?

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:59 am

Alyvin wrote:Anyone notice that Fire Brigade is now listed under "city" instead of "creator"?
They listed that as kingdoms before so i'm not suprised. But now its being listed in the wrong catergory may disqualify it from the sale. :( At least we can still get the toy shop and green grocer.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Based on previous experience, unless you are the first or second person to buy, all the "good" creator sets will be sold out...
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Just a quick reminder to everyone that the sale will start in less than 3 hours online. Be prepared to have a clicking contest with other customers on those popular LEGO Creator sets! Note that LEGO 10199 Winter Toy Shop now has a limit of 2 per customer.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:35 pm

What frustrates me is that emerald night is listed under "bricks and more" and fire brigade is listed under "city" (i mentioned this a couple posts above). These were all listed under creator before but the guys at toysrus keeps messing them up!!

Anyways, I helped you guys did some work and looked up what toysrus.ca has right now. Lets all hope we can still get emerald night and fire brigade on sale.

Green Grocer - 16 instock
Carousel - 32 instock
Emerald Night - 21 instock
Fire Brigade - 17 instock

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Its pass 12am EST here and the deal is not live yet.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:21 am

Is anyone getting this to work? It only seems to be taking 15% off one item only (the lowest priced) even when I have 3 or more items in my cart....???

Stupid TRU...

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:59 am

no luck here when I tried this morning around 7am and again around 10am.

computershopper
I'm New !

Post by computershopper » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 am

Hodgeman wrote:Is anyone getting this to work? It only seems to be taking 15% off one item only (the lowest priced) even when I have 3 or more items in my cart....???

Stupid TRU...

I'm having the same problem. Tried putting 3 or 4 of the same item in my cart but it will only discount 1 item at 15% ONLY.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:13 am

Just on hold with TRU trying to place a phone order. They can't seem to figure it out either or even understand the terms of the sale...the CSR was completely stumped.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 am

I will never order anything from TRU online again after the Imperial Flagship/Medieval Market place fiasco of April 2010. (Remember that, when they let us buy them and then cancelled the order because they weren't going to ever get anymore?) Especially when they are shockingly selling the Medieval Marketplace again (of course it myseterioulsy went out stock as soon as the sale started). Everytime they do one of these buy multiples to get a higher discount, the web page screws it up. Another thing that turned me off was the website doesn't have any of the smaller sets listed under the Kingdoms line.

I'd rather buy from shop@home and pay the full price.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 am

Ran a little experiment using the Taj Mahal.

I put two in the cart. One came out at full price, the other with 15% off. I then added 3 more for a total of 5. 3 Were full price, one was 15% off, the other was 20% off. Then added 4 more for a total of 9. This got me one set at 15% off, one at 20%, one at 25% and the other 6 at full price.

In other words, the "sale" (a term I use loosely at this point), is currently setup that it's not enough to have 4 items to qualify for 25% off, you first need to qualify for the 2 item discount, then the 3 item discount and then the 4 item discount. On top of that the discount only applies to one item in each set.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:36 am

Update ... after 34 minutes on the phone managed to get my order through.

CSR was very nice & apologetic - can't really get mad at these people who corporations place in these stupid situations.

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

Hodgeman wrote:Update ... after 34 minutes on the phone managed to get my order through.

CSR was very nice & apologetic - can't really get mad at these people who corporations place in these stupid situations.
Wait so you manage to get the "correct" discount after all? Did they fixed the site yet? The people who manages the site is horrible at it. Miscatergorized items, wrong sales and wrong timing (starts sale late).

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:36 am

bulwark wrote:Ran a little experiment using the Taj Mahal.

I put two in the cart. One came out at full price, the other with 15% off. I then added 3 more for a total of 5. 3 Were full price, one was 15% off, the other was 20% off. Then added 4 more for a total of 9. This got me one set at 15% off, one at 20%, one at 25% and the other 6 at full price.

In other words, the "sale" (a term I use loosely at this point), is currently setup that it's not enough to have 4 items to qualify for 25% off, you first need to qualify for the 2 item discount, then the 3 item discount and then the 4 item discount. On top of that the discount only applies to one item in each set.
So really it's just a tiered sale. Has anyone bothered to do this in stores and have them restrict you on what item you can get at a discount? (like having 1 large item and 2 low price item and having discount applied to entire transaction)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:09 am

Tried it this morning at 6am...thought I was the only one with that problem. Was wondering...if anyone in the Richmond hill, Scarborough,or markham area (in Ontario) was willing to share an order to get 25% off. I personally want to get fire brigade but by now I'm not sure if there are any left. If there isn't, perhaps the winter toy shop. Just so you guys know...fire brigade does qualify for the sale according to the site,where when you click on more details about the sale and then click qualifying items fire brigade is listed. However if you're gonna try to order by phone, I don't know if your csr will let it go through if they just see it listed under city sets.
Last edited by Toronadian on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.