[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 15-21

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale: October 15-21

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:12 am

I ended up getting Emerald Night, LEGO Creator Family Home and 2 LEGO Creator - Street Speeders - 4 items total, so discount was 25%. HOWEVER, the CSR said her system only let her enter a discount amount of either 20% or 30% (as she had to input this manually on each item, it wasn't working for her either) so she gave me 30% off all 4 items. So a pretty good deal in the end, I guess worth 34 minutes on the phone....

FYI, Emerald Night does qualify - see this page, accessed from a link on the promotion details page

http://www.toysrus.ca/promoproducts/ind ... 950&type=t

Now, having dealt with TRU in the past, if I actually get everything in the order I will be surprised...

The website still appears to be broken however as far as this discount goes.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I would like to emphasize the LEGO Star Wars deals offered this week at ToysRUs. The only "deals" that are worth getting are the Tie Defender and General Grievous fighter since they both have better discounts compared to the bigger sets. Coupled with the $10 star wars savings card, you can get:

•8087 Tie Defender for $44.97 (35.76% off)
•8095 General Grievous’ Starfighter for $49.97 (28.62% off)

If you missed out on getting the $10 savings card, you may be able to get one by asking the cashier for one if they still have it.
Hodgeman wrote:I ended up getting Emerald Night, LEGO Creator Family Home and 2 LEGO Creator - Street Speeders - 4 items total, so discount was 25%. HOWEVER, the CSR said her system only let her enter a discount amount of either 20% or 30% (as she had to input this manually on each item, it wasn't working for her either) so she gave me 30% off all 4 items. So a pretty good deal in the end, I guess worth 34 minutes on the phone....

FYI, Emerald Night does qualify - see this page, accessed from a link on the promotion details page

http://www.toysrus.ca/promoproducts/ind ... 950&type=t

Now, having dealt with TRU in the past, if I actually get everything in the order I will be surprised...

The website still appears to be broken however as far as this discount goes.
Theres been reports that instores are having the same problem with the discounts too. But glad to know you managed to get those sets for 30% off!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 pm

hatcher wrote:I will never order anything from TRU online again after the Imperial Flagship/Medieval Market place fiasco of April 2010. (Remember that, when they let us buy them and then cancelled the order because they weren't going to ever get anymore?) Especially when they are shockingly selling the Medieval Marketplace again (of course it myseterioulsy went out stock as soon as the sale started). Everytime they do one of these buy multiples to get a higher discount, the web page screws it up. Another thing that turned me off was the website doesn't have any of the smaller sets listed under the Kingdoms line.

I'd rather buy from shop@home and pay the full price.
Quoted for truth. I hate TRU's gimmicky sales. Also, I had much better luck with the Zellers BoGo sale this last week, usually my local Zellers never have anything in stock but this time they were pretty stocked.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 pm

I never lucked out on tru sales too but this time I spent the effort in calling them to complain and I also got the 30% off 4 sets, so thanks for the previous post about the 30% code. Not my preference to call because I lost out 2.4% for cashback rewards and they would not give me the code to use online by myself because of the dollar amount I was spending. But, as per the original error of the website, there was 1 set that had the 15% off already, so I saved 40% on that one set, and 30% on the rest of the three. Thouugh I had to pay $13 for shipping 4 sets because it was over the $25 free shipping limit. Sets will be shipped betwewen oct 21-26. Now I am poor!

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm

ricefields wrote:I never lucked out on tru sales too but this time I spent the effort in calling them to complain and I also got the 30% off 4 sets, so thanks for the previous post about the 30% code. Not my preference to call because I lost out 2.4% for cashback rewards and they would not give me the code to use online by myself because of the dollar amount I was spending. But, as per the original error of the website, there was 1 set that had the 15% off already, so I saved 40% on that one set, and 30% on the rest of the three. Thouugh I had to pay $13 for shipping 4 sets because it was over the $25 free shipping limit. Sets will be shipped betwewen oct 21-26. Now I am poor!
How you guys managed to get the 30% off code? I just called them and the guy gave me a 25% off code. He seemed to be talking to me like I'm the 100th person complaining about the wrong discount.

EDIT: Never mind. I just called them again to complain about it and another guy picked up. He offered me 20% off but then I complained about the inconvenience and that it should be 25% off and not 20% off. After being on the phone for 20 minutes, he talked to his supervisor and finally managed to get me 30% off.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:56 pm

key statements I used

I called before to complain site and discount was not working and callled again and site was still not fixed

when I use online I can get another 3% off through cashback rewards so I prefer not to do phone order

can you give me 30% off considering the frustration and if I do the phone order

key actions: make them go through the order process through the website and lock up the 4 sets, then ask for 30% off promo code after that so you can also get 15% off that one set before the 30% is applied.

honestly it was truely frustrating but in the end it worked out better. I normally would not buy for mere 25% off but I was buying the large sets that you cannot get in cdn stores or cheaply through ebay/bricklink because of shipping cost and potential customs/taxes so I could not pass up 30% off.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I find it funny how we Canadians managed to get awesome LEGO deals (UCS Millennium Falcon $170, Republic Dropship w/AT-OT $87.5, Cad Bane's Speeder $30) because of bugs, glitches or errors. There was even a time at LEGOShop.com when a coupon code is applied, certain items like the Emerald Night and Green Grocer became USD prices! :lol:

bomber317
I'm New !

Post by bomber317 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Ice wrote:I find it funny how we Canadians managed to get awesome LEGO deals (UCS Millennium Falcon $170, Republic Dropship w/AT-OT $87.5, Cad Bane's Speeder $30) because of bugs, glitches or errors. There was even a time at LEGOShop.com when a coupon code is applied, certain items like the Emerald Night and Green Grocer became USD prices! :lol:
Well considering that our Dollar has been within 5-8% of the USD for the past year, it's nice to get to take advantage of some of the glitches/errors.

Looking at you Medieval Village ($100 USD vs $150 CDN)

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:11 am

Glad you guys got the 30% off!
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 am

I havent decided what I want to get with this weeks sale..

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Well take your time since this lame sale seems to have fizzled. I find it funny that all of the creator stuff is still in stock except the alligator. I bet the TRU management is scratching their heads why this sale is a bust compared to previous ones. They're so clueless.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I might just get 4 cheap castle sets for the figs or something... the 25% just doesnt cut it, but I want that fireman magnet.

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Their stock is barley moving. Usually, the modular sets goes out of stock right away. But now, they still have them. Only the winter toy shop is sold out.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Just a heads up to everyone. ToysRUs.ca now has LEGO Creator 10211 Grand Emporium instock and markdown to $159.97 (reg.$199.99). LEGO Castle Medieval Market Village has also been markdown to $134.99 (reg.$149.99).

If you use the 30% off code (when you buy 4), you can get it Grand Emporium for $111.98 and Market Village $94.49!

*Note that these sets cannot be searched up yet at ToysRUs.ca.
**If you do not know what the 30% off code is, please read page 3 of this topic for more info on how you can get it.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Market village is sold out.

I did get a Grand Emporium, but did not get 30% off. The person I spoke too told me that she was going to process a refund for the 25% off that I wasn't getting. When I asked if that would include the tax she told me it would not. I told her flat out that I was not paying tax on the full price. She said sorry, but couldn't do anything about it. I told her (in slight politer terms) bull, and asked for a manager. She spoke to the manager and when she came back on told me that he said taxes are automatically refunded when a refund is applied, but that the refund would take 7 to 14 business days to be applied.

She had no clue what was going on with the sale, had to look it up in the flier! Didn't know why the website wasn't working today to which I replied that it hasn't been working all week.

Overall not very impressed with the transaction, but at least I got a Grand Emporium!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Looks like they're not giving out 30% off discounts now. Still good deal for grand emporium I think with 20% off + 25% off. I want to get one at this price but sadly already brought mines a few months ago. :(

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:51 am

Ice wrote:Just a heads up to everyone. ToysRUs.ca now has LEGO Creator 10211 Grand Emporium instock and markdown to $159.97 (reg.$199.99). LEGO Castle Medieval Market Village has also been markdown to $134.99 (reg.$149.99).

If you use the 30% off code (when you buy 4), you can get it Grand Emporium for $111.98 and Market Village $94.49!

**If you do not know what the 30% off code is, please read page 3 of this topic for more info on how you can get it.
I'm still seeing grand emporium listed at $199.99 through that link.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 am

The Grand Emporium was $159 yesterday. Some of the sets seem to change prices daily. For example, on Sunday, the Knights Showdown was marked down to $6.99 (web only) but yesterday it was back up to $9.99.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:40 am

Toronadian wrote:
Ice wrote:Just a heads up to everyone. ToysRUs.ca now has LEGO Creator 10211 Grand Emporium instock and markdown to $159.97 (reg.$199.99). LEGO Castle Medieval Market Village has also been markdown to $134.99 (reg.$149.99).

I checked yesterday and it was $159.99. Seems like they changed the price back to $199.99 again.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:40 am

Senator wrote:
Toronadian wrote:

I checked yesterday and it was $159.99. Seems like they changed the price back to $199.99 again.
argh... I missed it...really wanted grand emporium for cheaper. :(