Kroger Marketplace 30%-75% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Kroger Marketplace 30%-75% off

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Kroger Marketplace (DFW) has started its back to school toy clearance again. Discounts range anywhere from 30% to 75% off. Different stores will have different markdowns of same items. For example: I found Minecraft 21116 Crafting Box 75% off at one store, 50% off at another, and 30% off at another. City, Ninjago, Star Wars, Minecraft, DC, and others were discounted. Once again YMMV. Good luck and happy hunting.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Kroger Marketplace 30%-75% off

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you! I've driven past Kroger several times thinking I should probably stop by to check for LEGO deals but haven't. I'll definitely have to stop by soon. Thanks!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks for sharing. (:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:13 am

Checked my store today and they don't have any good discounts (yet.. I hope). Shelves looked fully stocked and I didn't notice any clearance stickers that I had missed out on.

The most heavily discounted set that I noticed was Ninjago Boulder Blaster discounted from $29.99 to $23.99 (which can be purchased at LEGO online currently for the same price).

I'll definitely keep my eye on my store though for future clearance prices and I greatly appreciate you sharing. Nice finds btw ;-)

Superherojer
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Superherojer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:56 pm

A new Dimensions pack appeared online at Toys R Us, also available for preorder at this link: http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp? ... search&cp=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SSchmidt
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by SSchmidt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:25 pm

Kroger?

As in the grocery store chain?

They sell Lego?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:56 pm

SSchmidt wrote:Kroger?

As in the grocery store chain?

They sell Lego?
Some do. Some of the larger ones are labeled as Kroger Marketplace and sell some clothes, toys and other items. The town in which I live now has a Kroger Marketplace. The town in which I grew up is still just a Kroger and doesn't carry any LEGO (or have a toy section at all). I've been luck to find some really good clearance deals at the Kroger Marketplace here in Richmond KY.

SSchmidt
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by SSchmidt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Wow that is near. The Kroger here (Ashland, KY) does not have toys or clothes. I will have to keep an eye open for these Marletplaces.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:42 pm

If I remember correctly, last year the Krogers in different regions clearanced at different times. They do their markdowns (price changes) on Tuesday night/Wed mornings usually so I would keep an eye out on those days.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Strange encounter here. I went to two local marketplace stores. The first one had 10 or so sets at 20-25% off. Nothing that I hadn't already seen for better discounts before, so I went to the other one. Only a couple of sets marked off, but at 50-75% and a few others that looked like they had tags, but had been torn off. I went ahead and scanned them and some were discounted also. Here's what i got:
50% OFF
Ninjago Boulder Blaster - $15
Star Wars First Order Transporter - $45, First Order Tie Fighter $35 x2
60% OFF
Star Wars Rey's Speeder -$8 x2, Commander Cody Ultrabuild - $8
75% OFF
Ninjago Jungle Raider $5, DC Superheroes Green Lantern vs Sinestro - $5 x2
Star Wars Shadow Troopers -$3.25, Jango Fett Ultrabuild - $5
There was also a Minecraft First Night tag for $10, but they had already been sold.

The strange part is that I went back the next day to buy some groceries that I had neglected to buy in my Lego excitement and they had re-tagged and raised all of the prices to the same prices from the other store. The 75% off sets were now at 25% off. Not sure what happened overnight, but I am sure glad I went when I did.
Thanks to anakinisvader for the heads up because I might have missed them otherwise.
Hope you get some good Lego Karma in the future!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

anakinisvader wrote:If I remember correctly, last year the Krogers in different regions clearanced at different times. They do their markdowns (price changes) on Tuesday night/Wed mornings usually so I would keep an eye out on those days.
Thank you! I had wondered what the best days to check were.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

SSchmidt wrote:Wow that is near. The Kroger here (Ashland, KY) does not have toys or clothes. I will have to keep an eye open for these Marletplaces.
Always nice to see more KY residents here! Good luck!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Bystander wrote:Strange encounter here. I went to two local marketplace stores. The first one had 10 or so sets at 20-25% off. Nothing that I hadn't already seen for better discounts before, so I went to the other one. Only a couple of sets marked off, but at 50-75% and a few others that looked like they had tags, but had been torn off. I went ahead and scanned them and some were discounted also. Here's what i got:
50% OFF
Ninjago Boulder Blaster - $15
Star Wars First Order Transporter - $45, First Order Tie Fighter $35 x2
60% OFF
Star Wars Rey's Speeder -$8 x2, Commander Cody Ultrabuild - $8
75% OFF
Ninjago Jungle Raider $5, DC Superheroes Green Lantern vs Sinestro - $5 x2
Star Wars Shadow Troopers -$3.25, Jango Fett Ultrabuild - $5
There was also a Minecraft First Night tag for $10, but they had already been sold.

The strange part is that I went back the next day to buy some groceries that I had neglected to buy in my Lego excitement and they had re-tagged and raised all of the prices to the same prices from the other store. The 75% off sets were now at 25% off. Not sure what happened overnight, but I am sure glad I went when I did.
Thanks to anakinisvader for the heads up because I might have missed them otherwise.
Hope you get some good Lego Karma in the future!
I found a great deal at one point at Kroger. It was one item that was heavily clearanced. They had ALOT of them. At some point (maybe a week later) they raised the price back to regular price. It truly looked like a close out clearance.