[USA] Target Stores LEGO Easter Polybag Clearance - 50% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Target Stores LEGO Easter Polybag Clearance - 50%

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:21 pm

lordoflego wrote: I know dcpi is shared but I wondered if you find target tracker reliable? Thx
Actually, I've lost some confidence in the tracker(s) in the past year. I've had a few cases where brickseek will say they some of an item in stock, but then the target app will say 'not available'. I've found the brickseek tracker to be pretty consistent when it says 'zero', however. I can't recall a time when I have I found something on the shelf, but the tracker said there were none.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:28 pm

jmeninno wrote:Thanks, SpaceViking. I know it's hit or miss, but like I said, I'm trying to build up my supply for my son's birthday party either this year or next year, for party favors. I have missed out on them with Valentine's Day, etc, but was hoping the Easter bunch would be easier to find. I had four in my hands! Ugh. At least now I know about their "two week discount window"...but isn't this still technically week two? Oh well. Good luck to you and all those reading this in their future searches!
I think the discount window is actually shorter than two weeks. I think the seasonal discounts typically run on a 3-3-2 schedule: 3 days at 1st mark down, 3 days at 2nd mark down, and then 2 days at the final markdown. With Easter on a Sunday, the salvage day should have been the Monday of the following week. Of course, I've found Targets that start 12 hours +/- on this schedule, too---starting the night before, or evening after, the morning when I expected the next round of markdowns.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the factoids thus far, SpaceViking. Is the next round of Target seasonal polybags in October for Halloween?

biglesdug
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biglesdug » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 am

I was disappointed the three local targets around me all sold sold before easter.

ashcubes
I'm New !

Post by ashcubes » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:47 am

Where can you find these polybags in Target? :eek:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Sometimes Target gets a new pollywog and sticks them in the cashiers area in the summer.

Target gave these away free the week before Easter. Very smart move.

They were in the Easter section. If they have any left they get raised to $4 again and stuck in a random spot.

ivyhedge
I'm New !

Post by ivyhedge » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:40 am

ashcubes wrote:Where can you find these polybags in Target? :eek:
In eastern MA/southeastern NH, *most* polybags are in the cashier aisles. The most common are Poe's X-wing, but when supplies run low they are generally refilled with space, more Poe, TIE advanced, racecar, etc. On occasion, there is a cardboard box (larger, but similar to, the one that holds the minifigs) stuffed with polybags in the Lego area (which, in most of our stores, is split).

Sometimes the Target tracker works and sometimes it doesn't - seems to depend on the item. As others have noted, codes might be reused, which might be why the Somerville, MA store doesn't register 80 Poes (example only), but you'll find them at the cashiers' stations. Then again, I posted here or on another thread how a lady in Everett, MA helped me look during a lunch break for four Olafs that were there, but we never found them...

Cheers!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:50 am

ashcubes wrote:Where can you find these polybags in Target? :eek:
For seasonal polybags, they'll place them in the seasonal section where they have $2-$6 toys. My Targets either sell through all polys before the holiday or during the first discount (30% off). The polybags near the cash registers are usually non-seasonal and never get a discount. For Star Wars polys, I saw them both in the Star Wars section and near cash registers.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:36 pm

^ What these guys / gals said is spot on. And if you look at the cashier lanes make sure to check. Sometimes they have older one shoved in the back of the peg and just add the newer ones to the front. I found a great little Chima ice mech that way.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 am

I found Lego Poe's X-Wing Fighter polybag, and it was 'on sale' for $3.49, and being crazy the way I am, I grabbed 10. Have you guys seen these polybags cheaper anywhere else?