[USA] Target Stores LEGO Easter Polybag Clearance - 50% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Target Stores LEGO Easter Polybag Clearance - 50% off

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Target stores in America are clearing out a variety of seasonal Easter items. This includes LEGO Easter promo sets such as 30347 Fire Car and 30397 Olaf's Summertime Fun. They are marked down at 50% off at the moment and could possibly go further down to 90% off. Check your local store for details! Note that these sets could either be in the seasonal section or throughout various areas in the store. Thanks to Jeff for writing in with the news.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-target-store ... ce-50-off/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Target Stores LEGO Easter Polybag Clearance - 50%

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 am

If someone wants firecars and has extra Olafs, let me know.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 am

Does anyone have the DCPIs for these? Many thanks!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Olaf: 086-14-0140
Fire Car: 204-00-0184

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Thank you!!!

juflosolo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by juflosolo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:43 am

I went to a store today in North Texas area and price came up at 70% off. YMMV since not all of them ring up at 70% off at the same time. got three of the City set's

ivyhedge
I'm New !

Post by ivyhedge » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:06 am

I also got 70% at the Everett store in MA.

A got a good number of the fire cars, but the four Olafs in the store remain in there: somewhere (have been on DPCI since yesterday afternoon so probably still there).

A very nice lady - Joan - helped me look for them everywhere in the store (all clearance areas, dumps, restocking, end cap finishing, cashier areas, etc), to no avail. She was looking for a mission and loved the chase. Sadly, it was not to be.

Someone with more than a lunch break might get them for just $1.19, though: best of luck on what will be Olafs well earned.

I *did* get a Shark Suit Guy, though, so WIN!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 am

The Targets around me have been out of those sets for weeks. However them seemed to get in more Series 15 and sold out of them rather quick. Maybe there is another recall? :lol:

ivyhedge
I'm New !

Post by ivyhedge » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:32 am

Brick & Blue wrote:The Targets around me have been out of those sets for weeks. However them seemed to get in more Series 15 and sold out of them rather quick. Maybe there is another recall? :lol:
Targets here (eastern MA and southern NH) literally have tens - perhaps hundreds - of Poe X-Wing polybags and fire cars. I literally got tired of going through all of them because it's so incredible. At some point, they're all going to be 70%+ off, like the TIE Advanced and First Order polybags I got in NH (well, those were 50%). I really don't think folks know where to look for them unless they're, well, us. I bet even the kids aren't looking there!

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 am

Lots of polybags in MA but no olaf. Got the fire truck for $1.19. Poe's x wing, first order tie fighter, city race car, and space buggy, monster minifig and series 15 all regular price at 3.99.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Whereabouts in MA, sgogeta4?

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Northborough Target.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:17 am

sgogeta4 wrote:Northborough Target.
Really? I checked there on Tuesday and they were cleaned out of Fire Cars and Olaf's.

Foj3000
I'm New !

Post by Foj3000 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Got these today:

Polybags were reduced to 39 cents each.

Non Lego:
Hot Wheels-49 cents
Mr. Potatohead-49 cents

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:52 am

I am disappointed. I found four firemen at a Target in MA and they scanned with no price in system...the cashier could have typed in any price she wanted, but instead called for help and they said they were 3.99. Apparently the Easter discount time is only two weeks long, which ended last Sunday, according to them...I may write a complaint email...only because I am disappointed and I'm trying to grab these cheap for party favors for my son's birthday party...some year lol

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 pm

jmeninno wrote:I am disappointed. I found four firemen at a Target in MA and they scanned with no price in system...the cashier could have typed in any price she wanted, but instead called for help and they said they were 3.99. Apparently the Easter discount time is only two weeks long, which ended last Sunday, according to them...I may write a complaint email...only because I am disappointed and I'm trying to grab these cheap for party favors for my son's birthday party...some year lol

You have never worked retail a day in your life have you?

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Four months, I thank you. I think I'm allowed to vent and be disappointed. I probably won't write any emails. But I can share my findings with the community so that others aren't too surprised when they try to get charged for 3.99 a piece. Thank you.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:48 pm

I hear you, jmeninno. I have had the same experience... hunting for poly bags during the holiday sale and finding none, but then finding a few after the sale is over.

The problem is that Target re-uses the DCPI numbers. After the holiday sale ends, the items are supposed to be 'salvaged'---sold off or donated in bulk---to open up the item numbers for later. When the scan returns 'item not found', what happens next is often completely up to the sales associate. I've heard "we can't sell it, its supposed to be salvaged", to "name your price", to "we can offer it at full price".

Not that it helps any, but I missed out on this round, too. My nearest targets were cleaned out of polys even before the sale started, and the inventory trackers showed such low in-stock numbers that I decided it wasn't worth treking out to hunt for them. Too many lego fans (or ebay flippers) in my neck of the woods, I guess.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks, SpaceViking. I know it's hit or miss, but like I said, I'm trying to build up my supply for my son's birthday party either this year or next year, for party favors. I have missed out on them with Valentine's Day, etc, but was hoping the Easter bunch would be easier to find. I had four in my hands! Ugh. At least now I know about their "two week discount window"...but isn't this still technically week two? Oh well. Good luck to you and all those reading this in their future searches!

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm

SpaceViking wrote:I hear you, jmeninno. I have had the same experience... hunting for poly bags during the holiday sale and finding none, but then finding a few after the sale is over.

The problem is that Target re-uses the DCPI numbers. After the holiday sale ends, the items are supposed to be 'salvaged'---sold off or donated in bulk---to open up the item numbers for later. When the scan returns 'item not found', what happens next is often completely up to the sales associate. I've heard "we can't sell it, its supposed to be salvaged", to "name your price", to "we can offer it at full price".

Not that it helps any, but I missed out on this round, too. My nearest targets were cleaned out of polys even before the sale started, and the inventory trackers showed such low in-stock numbers that I decided it wasn't worth treking out to hunt for them. Too many lego fans (or ebay flippers) in my neck of the woods, I guess.
I know dcpi is shared but I wondered if you find target tracker reliable? Thx
VENI VIDI VICI