Amazon sale on dimensions fun packs 50% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Joranthalus
Peasant
Peasant

Amazon sale on dimensions fun packs 50% off

Post by Joranthalus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Simpsons, lego movie, lord the rings are all straight up 50% off this time. Only if you buy from amazon which currently lists them as out of stock. Just go to the item page and select amazon as the seller....

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Amazon sale on dimensions fun packs 50% off

Post by StClair » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Joranthalus wrote:Simpsons, lego movie, lord the rings are all straight up 50% off this time. Only if you buy from amazon which currently lists them as out of stock. Just go to the item page and select amazon as the seller....
Saw the same deal and was able to purchase a few for $7.50 each. Prices of most (still a few to choose from including Dr. Who Cyberman and BAck to the Future Dr. Brown preorders) have gone up now. Thanks for posting!

Joranthalus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joranthalus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Looks like chima, lego movie, lotr are all still 7.50. The current dc and ninjago also. For preorders it's who and doc brown....

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Same prices at Gamestop, FYI.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:43 pm

Is it just me or did dimensions bomb? Infinity and Skylanders were never half price like this after Christmas. Maybe the old stuff but not the new. I'm wondering if retailers overstocked hoping it would be a hit and are now having to dump it all just to break even.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 am

They were discounting heavily even before Christmas.
LEGO's track record with these ambitious integration games is pretty dismal. But I see why they have to keep trying and they can afford the losses.
Not being able to bring in any Disney IP surely hurt the marketing.
The physical product is spectacular. Great figs and AMAZING minibuilds. But the price setup they had turned off any non-digital buyers without massive discounting.
Their strategy should have been the OPPOSITE... offer amazing fig/build combo sets at irresistably LOW price points with the digital part thrown in, once people have a few of the sets, they start to think, "Maybe I should get the game after all since I have all these tie-ins that will unlock cool stuff."
I foresee a business school case study somewhere on bad product positioning/marketing strategy coming out of Dimensions.

Joranthalus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joranthalus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Looks like Best Buy has decided to join Amazon and Gamestop with the 50% off discounts....

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Went to Target and price match from Best Buy the only 2 Fun Packs that I wanted.
Wizard of Oz Witch
Unikitty

Plus the %5 off red card.

ohiojeff
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ohiojeff » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:32 am

I got an e-mail from Amazon today that my Doctor Who Cyberman set was delayed until 2/16. Luckily, Best Buy had it at the same price, supposedly in stock and with my gamerclub membership, it was only $6.

Joranthalus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joranthalus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:45 pm

If you managed to get in on the $5 off funpacks promotion they did the current preorders come out to $2.50 each for the fun packs. The Team and Level packs with the $10 off promo came out to like $6 or so...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Joranthalus wrote:If you managed to get in on the $5 off funpacks promotion they did the current preorders come out to $2.50 each for the fun packs. The Team and Level packs with the $10 off promo came out to like $6 or so...
Lucky. I was about to make an order for the witch and cryberman and missed out. I'd love 4 cybermen for $10.

Joranthalus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joranthalus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Yeah, I'm wishing I'd ordered more than one of each set, but at the time it was only the promo discount. Had no idea Amazon would lower the price on top of that and then at the prime preorder deal. I would've maxed out a credit card had I known!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Joranthalus wrote:Yeah, I'm wishing I'd ordered more than one of each set, but at the time it was only the promo discount. Had no idea Amazon would lower the price on top of that and then at the prime preorder deal. I would've maxed out a credit card had I known!
Yeah, it's impossible to tell. They actually had the deals overlap for at least 30 minutes, but right when I was going to check out the overlap ended.