Post Christmas LEGO Year End Sale 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post Christmas LEGO Year End Sale 2015

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:39 pm

The year end LEGO Sale for LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada) starts on Saturday, December 26th! In Canada, this is known as "Boxing Day Sale". A variety of items will be on sale. For those living in Europe, the sales will start in the New Year (January 6 for France and January 2nd for rest of Europe). Shop Now: US | Canada

LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand Retail Stores

LEGO Brand Retail Stores

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/post-christmas-l ... sale-2015/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Shop at Home & Brand Stores Boxing Day Sale (Reminder)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:03 pm

It appears that some of our members are still not yet aware of this year's Post-Christmas LEGO sale at LEGO Brand Retail Stores and LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada). We posted the full sales list on Christmas Eve, so this is a reminder that the sale has begun. There are many products discounted including the LEGO Simpsons Series 2 Minifigures at 25% off! You can check the sales & deals items at LEGO Shop at Home here: US | Canada

As mentioned earlier, LEGO Brand Retail Stores may have other items on sale as well. If you are living in Europe, the sales will start in the New Year (January 6 for France and January 2nd for rest of Europe).

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-shop-at-hom ... -reminder/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Re: Post Christmas LEGO Year End Sale 2015

Post by MrVEP » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 am

Pretty disappointed when you wake up at 8 ET to find out most of the sets you were interested are sold out. :sad:

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:26 am

Anyone go in store this year? Was there any scratch cards? Out of town so not like I can go but interested to hear.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:35 am

MrVEP wrote:Pretty disappointed when you wake up at 8 ET to find out most of the sets you were interested are sold out. :sad:
Don't be too disappointed, apparently most of the sets were already sold out before the sale even started.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:33 am

The only sets I was remote interested in that wasn't sold out when the sale started was King Crominus Resuce at 40% and MTT at 20%(?).

Target is supposed to have all Hobbit sets clearanced if they are still available. Lego Movie and Pirate are at 30%. Creator Bike Shop. And a handful of others.

My Walmart was decimated but it looks like the Ninjago Cult series are all 25-30% off.

kstu
I'm New !

Post by kstu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:15 am

The brand store at WDW in Orlando was not playing, pretty frustrated to drive out there and find everything at full price.

MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:23 am

kstu wrote:The brand store at WDW in Orlando was not playing, pretty frustrated to drive out there and find everything at full price.
Aren't they forced to match online price? I remember when I went to NY, everything I was buying was priced higher than online because of the location. They matched the online price.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:38 pm

This whole sale was a joke, on line, out of 280-some items on sale, about 200 were already sold out, I figured, ok, I'm gonna visit local Lego store in the morning, I went this morning, worse than on line when it comes to sold out, I asked employee: aren't you suppose to have bunch of sets on sale today, he says, noooo, dopey kid, so he says noooooo, not on sale....we have them for sale.......wow, what a moron.
I asked another one who knows me, he said that they do have sale but almost nothing in stock or sold out.....
VENI VIDI VICI

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:48 pm

MoneyHypeMike wrote:
kstu wrote:The brand store at WDW in Orlando was not playing, pretty frustrated to drive out there and find everything at full price.
Aren't they forced to match online price? I remember when I went to NY, everything I was buying was priced higher than online because of the location. They matched the online price.

That must have been a few years ago.... I was there early this year and the prices are as high as the New York skyline. There's no price matching and forget about sale items, does something like that even exist in NYC? Besides the keychains on sale.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Got the Lego Ideas Birds set for $35.98 at my local lego store. they even gave me a free calendar with the coupons!

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:12 pm

I have to agree, this year's sale was a total joke. It looks like Lego is getting too efficient at inventory management!!! They don't even need to light the fire under their old inventory to clear them out anymore...

intvlan1shut
I'm New !

Post by intvlan1shut » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Just a heads up but at the Charlotte, NC Southpark Mall store - I only saw a few of these prices at this store. None of the DVDs were posted as on-sale and when I asked and the clerk checked, he said "you're right, they're 14.99" so that didn't line up either.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:57 pm

MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Yep, I think we've lost the "Disney Springs" Lego Store. Glad I didn't bother going for this sale. I was there early for their Brick Friday sale, and they were telling everyone “we’re only doing these sale prices until 12:00.” What?! But then they even pulled all the sales prices and started refusing to match online prices around 11:00. I guess the busiest Lego store in the world can do whatever they want.
So incredibly bogus. :down:

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:43 pm

FloridaBrick wrote:
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Yep, I think we've lost the "Disney Springs" Lego Store. Glad I didn't bother going for this sale. I was there early for their Brick Friday sale, and they were telling everyone “we’re only doing these sale prices until 12:00.” What?! But then they even pulled all the sales prices and started refusing to match online prices around 11:00. I guess the busiest Lego store in the world can do whatever they want.
So incredibly bogus. :down:
That's just wrong
VENI VIDI VICI

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:52 am

The Disney store has always been able to do what they want, I remember reading exceptions to sales and promos years and years ago that says "except Disney World".

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:44 am

Sure it wasn't "except Legoland"? The Disney store has been following all the pricing and specials that they're supposed to since at least as far back as October 2014. I should know with the truck full of cash I've spent there. Brick Friday was the first time they started making their own rules, and I guess that's what they might do from now on.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:21 am

FloridaBrick wrote:Sure it wasn't "except Legoland"? The Disney store has been following all the pricing and specials that they're supposed to since at least as far back as October 2014. I should know with the truck full of cash I've spent there. Brick Friday was the first time they started making their own rules, and I guess that's what they might do from now on.
It was probably 5-10 years ago, so they are most likely just going back to their old ways. LEGO fans seem to think LEGO is a friend, they are a massive corporation and don't care about anything besides their profits.

Not like this sale makes any difference at all. They brag about an end of the year sale when 99% of the crap isn't even in stock anywhere. That should really be illegal under false advertising laws.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:01 pm

How can a corporation that targets children while peddling super colorful bits of plastic NOT be my friend? :shock: