LEGO VIP Day is on Saturday, November 21st!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO VIP Day is on Saturday, November 21st!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:09 pm

LEGO VIP Day is rapidly approaching! On Saturday, November 21st, if you are a LEGO VIP, you can get these exclusive offers:

-Double VIP Points on all purchases - one day only!
-FREE Limited Edition Gingerbread House with purchases of $99 or more - before it's available to anyone else!
-FREE Exclusive 2016 LEGO Wall Calendar with purchases of $75 or more - only at the LEGO Store!

*The gingerbread house will be available to the general public beginning November 27th.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-vip-day-is- ... mber-21st/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO VIP Day is on Saturday, November 21st!

Post by jmeninno » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:28 am

I think this was invite only...as people have been receiving invites via snail mail and email?

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:41 am

The invite gets you (and a guest) into the store an hour or so before the regularly scheduled opening time. Thereby allowing you first crack at stock in store before general public is allowed in. Supposedly, there are instore deals to be had as well.
As far as i know, the double VIP points are available the whole day, for all existing VIPs and anyone who signs up for a VIP membership on the day of.

Derevans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Derevans » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

other than the wall calendar, which seems to be in store only, does anyone know if any of this will be available online at shop at home?

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

All of this in store only or available online?
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 am

In store only.
Not valid at shop at home.

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:00 am

Need clear on the VIP invite issue, can be at the store or online but understand that free calendar only at store?

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:22 am

crom71 wrote:In store only.
Not valid at shop at home.
Sorry everyone. I just received an email from Lego stating that this promotion is valid online as well. :-)

As for the in store invite, when I called to rsvp, the store already had my information available. So, they have a list of names,specific to each store, of invited VIPs. Remember, this invite is for early access to the store. This early access, therefore, allows those people first crack at stock in store, and any items that may be on sale.

Otherwise, the double points promotion is valid on all purchases all day long, in store, and online at shop at home.

desertrabbit
I'm New !

Post by desertrabbit » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 am

Well I would still recommend going in store and depending on how friendly your store is, you might be able to get early access or maybe not. The VIP is available online too on Saturday but you won't get the free lego calendar. One of the calendar coupon is a free 100 point added to your lego VIP regardless of purchase. That's like $5 off.

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeffrey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:55 am

When I asked if it was an invite only event they store clerk gave me an odd look.
She told me that it is open to any VIP card holder, no invite needed.

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jon_Solo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:22 pm

That Gingerbread House looks really cool! Does anyone know what the MSRP on that will be when it's released for sale to the general public the following week?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:38 pm

^ The Gingerbread House is a free promo item. The VIP preview event is basically an early Black/Brick Friday, so it includes the promo. The promo is officially available to the "general public" starting the Friday after Thanksgiving through that Sunday, or while supplies last. It won't be available for purchase - at least not that weekend. It may be sold at some point after that if there are leftovers, I think that's happened in the past, but it won't be available for purchase that weekend.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jon_Solo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:06 pm

^^ Thanks for the info! I'd better try and snag one early then; I'm thinking these will be highly sought after.

cocoman
I'm New !

Post by cocoman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Should I spend $174 to get both promotion items?

or Just $100 is enough to get all promotion items?

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Thinking the calendar is an in-store exclusive, while 2X Points & Gingerbread House will be offered in-store and online starting at 12pm EST.

tremere
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tremere » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:22 pm

cocoman wrote:Should I spend $174 to get both promotion items?
or Just $100 is enough to get all promotion items?
These offers will stack at $100 and you'll get both--but do note that the calendar is in-store only, unless someone has heard otherwise.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:02 pm

So...again, I've been confused over this event. I thought it was invite only, but it seems that the invite only allows you into the store an hour early for first pick as well as maybe a special sale or two? So, I didn't get an invite. But I can go at 9am or 10am or whenever they open and get both the calendar and the gingerbread house if I spend over $99 and get 2x VIP, right? Ummm...sorry confusion is winning...ok so if that's the case, I'm happy with that. If someone could please confirm all that, I'd really, really appreciate it. And also if all of those things would be true day of, online. Although I could test that at midnight day of. Sooo...is it worth it to do this, or wait til Brick Friday? They didn't do the raffle ticket last year as it was a Santa brick built freebie. So 2x VIP vs. free lego. What say you, general populace?

crom71
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crom71 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 am

jmeninno wrote:So...again, I've been confused over this event. I thought it was invite only, but it seems that the invite only allows you into the store an hour early for first pick as well as maybe a special sale or two? So, I didn't get an invite. But I can go at 9am or 10am or whenever they open and get both the calendar and the gingerbread house if I spend over $99 and get 2x VIP, right? Ummm...sorry confusion is winning...ok so if that's the case, I'm happy with that. If someone could please confirm all that, I'd really, really appreciate it. And also if all of those things would be true day of, online. Although I could test that at midnight day of. Sooo...is it worth it to do this, or wait til Brick Friday? They didn't do the raffle ticket last year as it was a Santa brick built freebie. So 2x VIP vs. free lego. What say you, general populace?
You seem to have a good understanding of the event.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:04 pm

So are there any benefits of shopping on the 27th? I want the gingerbread house as well as the calendar but the item I want is not normally in the stores large Duplo train set. Wondering if I can call and have them bring the set into the store for the 27th. Anyone have any experience with that?

sqlplus
I'm New !

Post by sqlplus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:50 am

Lego store laval is not stacking calendar and ginger bread! Says can have one or the other. Or buy for 175$ to have both! Wow