LEGO VIP Day is on Saturday, November 21st!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
StClair
Count
Count

Re: LEGO VIP Day is on Saturday, November 21st!

Post by StClair » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:14 am

grommom wrote:So are there any benefits of shopping on the 27th? I want the gingerbread house as well as the calendar but the item I want is not normally in the stores large Duplo train set. Wondering if I can call and have them bring the set into the store for the 27th. Anyone have any experience with that?
I have very little experience with actual brick and mortar LEGO stores. You can always call and ask. Good luck

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:50 am

grommom wrote:So are there any benefits of shopping on the 27th? I want the gingerbread house as well as the calendar but the item I want is not normally in the stores large Duplo train set. Wondering if I can call and have them bring the set into the store for the 27th. Anyone have any experience with that?
You might try going to the store and ask them to order the train from lego.com. Better that even odds that the staff at my closest store would then give you the calendar, and the gingerbread house would be shipped with the train.

RyanKC
I'm New !

Post by RyanKC » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:10 am

Little bit disappointed of the event. Only one gingerbread house per VIP today, doesn't matter how much you spent.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:21 am

If you buy things online you can get the Lego Movie set the Melting Room for half price. Its not advertised and will only show up if you put in your cart. You will not get the calendar as that is in store only, but you still get the gingerbread house if you buy $99 or more. Plus double VIP points.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

desertrabbit
I'm New !

Post by desertrabbit » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 am

sqlplus wrote:Lego store laval is not stacking calendar and ginger bread! Says can have one or the other. Or buy for 175$ to have both! Wow
well that sucks. some of the lego store managers are just mean. when i went to mine i had a couple stuff i wanted to buy and they were all in batches of $99. they say regardless only 1 gingerbread house. The manager then told me someone bought $1200 worth of legos and only got 1 gingerbread house. no exception even if i buy more than him. WOW. he even says our fans have the buying power so we wont give them extras. i should have recorded qhat he said. lolx

desertrabbit
I'm New !

Post by desertrabbit » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:28 am

RyanKC wrote:Little bit disappointed of the event. Only one gingerbread house per VIP today, doesn't matter how much you spent.
buy online. you can seperate your purchases and get the gingwrbread house

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Got 2x VIP, calendar and house. SWEEEEEET. Stupid that some lego stores are giving customers a hard time over calendar vs house.

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jon_Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 pm

RyanKC wrote:Little bit disappointed of the event. Only one gingerbread house per VIP today, doesn't matter how much you spent.
I didn't have any trouble making two separate purchases and received two wall calendars and gingerbread houses. For what it's worth, I was under the impression that the calendar was only being offered today, but in the December store calendar they gave me, it confirms that offer is good from Nov 15th through Dec 24th (or while supplies last).

ytjedi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ytjedi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:37 pm

My local LEGO store gave me no trouble stacking both the calendar and the gingerbread house. They had quite the stack of houses behind the counter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:55 pm

My store is out of gingerbread houses already. They gave me a calendar for free and told me to order online.

frackbricks
Citizen
Citizen

Post by frackbricks » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Well santa's visit is sold out.

I'm New !

Post by 1265 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:25 pm

The Lego store I went to allowed a max of three gingerbread houses and calendars per customer. Plus, didn't need to have separate transactions to get the freebies. So, I purchased around $300 and got three gingerbread houses and three calendars.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:50 pm

nooooooo, went to order the Sydney Opera House and it's temporarily out of stock :(

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks @StClair and @spaceviking
I didn't have time to go today because we went to Legoland but on the 27th I'll ask about it in the store. I'm hoping the calendar is better than double points since the train I'm looking for is $109. I read somewhere that it had one coupon for 100 points so i imagine it's better unless I forget to use the coupon :)

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 pm

I rather wait until November 27 and hope lego shop online have plenty of gingerbread set.

Eric neuman

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am

I was going to wait until the 27th but, I'm glad I didn't.
Since I was able to get 40125 Santa’s Visit before it sold out.
I ordered the Slave I as well and used a boat load of my VIP points all in all I just spend about $24.

Not a bad deal.
I will keep an eye out for BF deals though.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Went to the Invite-only VIP Event and was overwhelmed compared to previous 3 events I've been invited to. Did get a Gingerbread House and Calender with a $99 purchase.

No VIP lanyard or bracelet
No swag
No 2015 Ornament

And also seems no holiday PaB box available now.
Hope they will have more Gingerbread Houses come the 27th. or even 2015 ornaments come Dec. 7th.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:28 pm

I was able to place an order online and received (on its way to me I hope) a gingerbread house and double Vip points (no calendar bc it was online). I wish the offer had been after the Doctor Who ideas set was available (Dec 1st) but still I'm happy. Thanks as always for keeping us updated everyone!

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm

So I happened to be by the mall and I checked, there didn't appear to be a train so I asked and they found me one in the back, but I had to have them put it back because they had no gingerbread houses. He told me they'd have them for the 27th but they didn't have any available until then. I guess I'll head back on Friday but at least they do carry the train, he just said it's so large they often don't have it on the floor so people have to ask...but then I wonder, do many people know they have it in stock if they don't put it out? So strange.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:06 pm

What kind of deals did you guys get?