LEGO Bricktober 2015 at Toys R Us USA - First Week!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Bricktober 2015 at Toys R Us USA - First Week!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Its not exactly October yet, but Toys R Us America has started its infamous annual LEGO Bricktober sale! This week from September 27 to October 3rd, Toys R Us America stores will be offering a free LEGO 388045 Bricktober Hotel with purchases of $75 or more. Excludes LEGO Dimensions purchases. Limit one Bricktober set per week. Thanks to Sheila for writing in with the news!

Not sure what the Bricktober sets are? Check out our post earlier regarding the four LEGO Bricktober sets that will be given away this year.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-bricktober- ... irst-week/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Re: LEGO Bricktober 2015 at Toys R Us USA - First Week!

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Hopefully they will do like they did the last time and allow you to purchase them out right, instead of spending $75

RyanKC
I'm New !

Post by RyanKC » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm

c8h10n4o2x2 wrote:Hopefully they will do like they did the last time and allow you to purchase them out right, instead of spending $75
They did it last year after promotion is over whatever is left over for $20.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:51 am

not bad for folks that still need some series 14 monsters or new sets. also every TRU seems to have Chima on clearance..

but $75 is a lot to spend for a micro model where the bricklink parts for the mini modular total $5.00 at most.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:35 am

Brickmythic wrote:not bad for folks that still need some series 14 monsters or new sets. also every TRU seems to have Chima on clearance..

but $75 is a lot to spend for a micro model where the bricklink parts for the mini modular total $5.00 at most.
It is wrong to assume that the Bricklink parts are just $5 ... I actually tried to see if I could buy the parts for last year's mini Theater (minus instruction guide). I created a wanted list with minimum quantity based on the part out of the set. I searched by store and only one store had all the parts. I did an auto-fill (min quantity) and it was $44! That doesn't even include shipping. I checked stores that had most of the parts and still hitting $35+ and that was for incomplete set.

I just experimented with the mini Firehouse too. $30 (plus shipping). This set has the most basic parts. These finding do not surprise me. People who part out need to be making 50-100% more than the retail price of the sets.

My TRU did have 3 of the 4 sets in stock for the entire year except for Theater. Which was all gone from the first week of the promo. Curious.

Man, I'm mad they exclude LEGO Dimensions from this offer.

cinrose
I'm New !

Post by cinrose » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Went to 2 local TRU stores. Each location sold me 1 bricktober hotel. I had to explain to each clerk that if the set scans, and comes up with a price, they are obligated to sell the set. The Mgr. agreed.

monkeyflyers
I'm New !

Post by monkeyflyers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:28 pm

How much Did this years set sell for? Was it $20 like last years?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

It is $19.99

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Had a hard time getting this. I found this on the shelf and thought I was in luck and be able to just get rung up. Tried to buy 5 Hotels and first clerk wouldn't sell even one because of the promo. I went back and saw the train station. I grabbed one of those, another hotel, and 3 of the 2014 mini modulars. Went to another clerk. The train station had a flag in the system to not sell before the 4th plus he got the heads up from the 1st clerk on the hotel situations. So then manager gets involved and pulls the new sets off the shelf and I grabbed another set to get me to $75 for the hotel.

You guys are lucky who can just purchase this for $20. Depends who you deal with.

mattycash720
I'm New !

Post by mattycash720 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:43 pm

FYI - Toys'R'Us won't let you use their price matching guarantee in addition to getting the free promo. Not going to lie, that kind of disgusted me, but I chose my set carefully to avoid a high markup and took the free modular. In addition - they were willing to sell me just the promo for $19.99 since it scanned.

ytjedi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ytjedi » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm planning on just waiting it out. I have a couple TRU in my area that still had last year's promos on the shelves just a few weeks ago.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm

They had Wall-E at msrp so I got that and a polybag and the free set. Yes, my store had last years for $19.99 for a long time. Crazy.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:16 am

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
Brickmythic wrote:not bad for folks that still need some series 14 monsters or new sets. also every TRU seems to have Chima on clearance..

It is wrong to assume that the Bricklink parts are just $5 ... I actually tried to see if I could buy the parts for last year's mini Theater (minus instruction guide). I created a wanted list with minimum quantity based on the part out of the set. I searched by store and only one store had all the parts. I did an auto-fill (min quantity) and it was $44! That doesn't even include shipping. I checked stores that had most of the parts and still hitting $35+ and that was for incomplete set.

I just experimented with the mini Firehouse too. $30 (plus shipping). This set has the most basic parts. These finding do not surprise me. People who part out need to be making 50-100% more than the retail price of the sets.

My TRU did have 3 of the 4 sets in stock for the entire year except for Theater. Which was all gone from the first week of the promo. Curious.

Man, I'm mad they exclude LEGO Dimensions from this offer.
Im not a 'gotta have that sand green for my haunted house' or insert rare color part here. I gave that up 15 years ago..

I don't mind using other colors or other parts (lots of new parts are just 2 old parts fused together or simply substituting a dollar brick because of a rare color for a 3 cent brick..

you can get those mini builds darn near $5 .. Ive done it,.