LEGO Shop at Home - Free Shipping

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

LEGO Shop at Home - Free Shipping

Post by Slickson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:23 pm

So I had planned to buy a few things that I normally don't see at any brick and mortar store (LEGO or otherwise) during the October double points. Namely a few Power function items like a new Battery box, train motor and Infrared switch. Last time I did this a few years I was able to go to the store and they ordered it for me because my order didn't meet the free shipping, they put in a code that took it away. I had planned to do the same thing this October, but the Store Manager told me they don't do that anymore (order for you). I explained what I wanted and she said no problem. She opened up one of her drawers and handed me a promo card with a free shipping code on it.

If you wan't an item that is not offered in store you can get one of these cards to order it without shipping charges.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Shop at Home - Free Shipping

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:52 am

Yep, I've received a free shipping card before last Christmas. We wanted to get a Duplo set for my niece and they didn't have it in stock.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 pm

I've also been given a card when they were out of stock of what I wanted. Of course I used it and tossed it and then was given a new one. ..i should have saved it to see if the code is the same, since it says is only good through Dec 2014 but still worked.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:11 pm

No, they are not the same, I have tried to use the same card again and it is not accepted either. Would be nice, but if you're friendly to the clerks at the store they'll usually give you one if you ask.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm

vorpalblade wrote:No, they are not the same, I have tried to use the same card again and it is not accepted either. Would be nice, but if you're friendly to the clerks at the store they'll usually give you one if you ask.
Thanks for confirming that. I was offered one the first time because I was trying to get all 4 ninja turtle key chains, but they only had 3 of the 4. When they were out of the double decker couch I made sure to ask the same sales person since he was so quick to offer a free shipping code and he offered it up again, so I'd say it's pretty easy to get a code, especially if you ask them about something that's not in stock at the moment :)

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Yea, exactly. The last one I was given was for the Arctic Icebreaker ship. The ship is over the free shipping threshold anyway so I kept the card for another order. A smile goes a long way.