Lego store PAB clearance 80% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Lego store PAB clearance 80% off

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:09 am

GoldenBricks wrote:Just to set the record straight at least on what I heard....

The boxes were supposedly not of overstock PAB or left over from their mini builds you buy and fill but talking to a couple of managers, they said it was boxes of retired or retiring elements.At first it was 5 box max per customer but on the last day the Disney Lego store decide to drop the limit so we were able to get 10 on the first day (2 of us) and 14 on the next day plus 10 another store (we have a BrickLink store).

Jim
^ Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info!

Nobody should take this to mean those particular pieces in those colors will not be available anymore, but that they're probably retiring older versions of those particular DesignIds (the shape mold, agnostic of color). The DesignId in a particular color is represented as an ElementId, so most likely what is being retired are distinct ElementIds that are now outmoded by newer versions.

Still interesting/odd that so many ElementIds would be retired and cleared out at the same time in such a way.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am

The explanation that my local store manager gave me when I went back and picked up 3 more cases this morning was that the elements that were included were ones that had been sitting in their stock room forever. Whatever the reason I'm just happy to be picking up PAB at $25 a case (Canadian pricing, eh?).

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:37 pm

GoldenBricks wrote:Just to set the record straight at least on what I heard....

The boxes were supposedly not of overstock PAB or left over from their mini builds you buy and fill but talking to a couple of managers, they said it was boxes of retired or retiring elements.At first it was 5 box max per customer but on the last day the Disney Lego store decide to drop the limit so we were able to get 10 on the first day (2 of us) and 14 on the next day plus 10 another store (we have a BrickLink store).

Jim
Nice score, the first store i went too would only let me buy pieces from the previous PAB model though, hence my report.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:11 am

I tried the store in Natick, MA last night and they were already sold out.

RyanKC
I'm New !

Post by RyanKC » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:58 pm

I was told in my local store, those elements they sell at $20 a case is because Lego sent them just a door frame but no door in a pair, and they can't put in on the wall. So they sell them what they have in the back room.
11996947_10153594847546407_1047159410_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:43 am

HA! Sounds to me like store managers are selling their own theories on why these particular elements are being cleared out as the 'one true word'. Even if the above is true, with elements that 'belong' with other elements being cleared out (which makes sense in the case of the propeller, window lattice, click hinge, red flower heads, 2x2x2 box, and the 2x4 wings), what are the 1x2 green slope and 1x2 w/handles doing there? Not completely buying any of these theories at this point.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

RyanKC
I'm New !

Post by RyanKC » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:55 am

vynsane wrote:HA! Sounds to me like store managers are selling their own theories on why these particular elements are being cleared out as the 'one true word'. Even if the above is true, with elements that 'belong' with other elements being cleared out (which makes sense in the case of the propeller, window lattice, click hinge, red flower heads, 2x2x2 box, and the 2x4 wings), what are the 1x2 green slope and 1x2 w/handles doing there? Not completely buying any of these theories at this point.
1x2 green slope and 1x2 w/handles, I think both are left over from their pick a model