Target Cartwheel Glitch

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Target Cartwheel Glitch

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

this afternoon I was at Target and there is a 20% off on clearance toys in cartwheel app. Says excludes Lego but it worked on Full Priced, sale and clearance Lego. Actually it worked on all toys I bought, clearance and full priced. I'm sure they might fix it soon. But as of 8 tonight it worked.

I discovered it this afternoon because my daughter was buying a full priced random toy and I had a clearance toy and it took 20% off both. My sister was at Target and tried it on Lego tonight. I had to run back over!

I suppose it might be YMMV but worth a try.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tremere
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target Cartwheel Glitch

Post by tremere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 pm

This is still valid as of Friday 1 PM Pacific, and was working (and is still reported to be working on a few other sites) on full price, clearance, and price-match LEGO items. Hit up a couple of different stores, and as usual their price-match policy implementation differs, but there are some seriously good offers to consider.

One example:
PM Amazon for LEGO Minecraft 21118 The Mine at $91.99, take 20% off down to $73.59, and 5% RedCard/tax from there.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Confirmed still as of 3pm Pacific! Worked on LEGO (even though it says it is not supposed to) and other regular price toys.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Just picked up a minecraft farm for $19.19 was 23.99 plus 20% cartwheel app so it is still working on Lego as of 5:40 pst. Thanks I always forget to check cartwheel for any deals. Though about the darkseid that was tagged 59.49 but left it behind.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:26 am

Thanks for the post. I was able to pick up the Chima Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper and Flying Phoenix Fire Temple for 50% off, plus the additional 20% off using cartwheel (actually only 10% of original value, though), plus another 5% using my red card. Pretty nice savings!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:23 pm

We hit two Targets this evening, and also found some sets at 50% off and the 20% cartwheel discount continued to stack. There were some very happy kids in our house, tonight.

BTW, Target has a similar mobile coupon (text 'KIDS' to the Target mobile number) for 20% off clearance prices on kids clothes. The same glitch appears to apply, though, as all kids items we bought tonight had the 20% off discount applied---even the non-clearance items.

I'm really curious as to why these glitches are so common this month.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:17 am

AND ACT FAST TOO!

Thanks for the info, but this Cartwheel offer ended "July 12, 2015". So about 36 minutes after you posted this news article.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Yeah, I think this deal is done. Can't find the offer to load anymore. Will have to wait out for the stuff to hit 50% off on its own.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:43 pm

I picked up a clearance Ultra Agents Mission Headquarters on Saturday, scanned it on my phone and saw it said excludes Lego so I didn't even try. Darn it!!! Could have knocked it down to $68 instead of the $85 I paid :(

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Yes, sorry the Cartwheel deal ended 7/12. I neglected to post the date in the first post, I thought for sure it would be corrected before the expiration date.

I would keep watching Cartwheel though and always scan it as it appears "exclusions" are not always really excluded.

I'm glad some of you could take advantage of the deal.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:00 am

Cementups wrote:I picked up a clearance Ultra Agents Mission Headquarters on Saturday, scanned it on my phone and saw it said excludes Lego so I didn't even try. Darn it!!! Could have knocked it down to $68 instead of the $85 I paid :(
I guess I use cartwheel a little differently but I usually look at it whenever the app says there are new deals and I load anything that sounds remotely interesting and then I have them scan at the counter no matter what I'm buying because I'm not likely to remember everything I scanned versus everything I'm buying. So I guess I'm saying load interesting deals and scan every time, you might get surprised! I'm not even sure what scanning stuff in the store does, or is it kind of like a "I'm on the fence about this item so I'll scan it to help me decide." Kind of thing?

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:21 am

grommom wrote:
Cementups wrote:I picked up a clearance Ultra Agents Mission Headquarters on Saturday, scanned it on my phone and saw it said excludes Lego so I didn't even try. Darn it!!! Could have knocked it down to $68 instead of the $85 I paid :(
I guess I use cartwheel a little differently but I usually look at it whenever the app says there are new deals and I load anything that sounds remotely interesting and then I have them scan at the counter no matter what I'm buying because I'm not likely to remember everything I scanned versus everything I'm buying. So I guess I'm saying load interesting deals and scan every time, you might get surprised! I'm not even sure what scanning stuff in the store does, or is it kind of like a "I'm on the fence about this item so I'll scan it to help me decide." Kind of thing?
I'm similar---a 5% off milk or %5 off cheese is typically always available, so I scan the cartwheel bar-code every time I check out.

In the cartwheel app, there is a bar code scanner. If you scan an item's bar code with it, the app will pull up any cartwheel coupons that can apply to the item. If none are found, it will suggest other similar items. Sometimes, its easier to find coupons that match what you're buying, rather than look for coupons through the list. My habit is to scan in store to see if I can get an additional discount on what's already in my cart, but search the list when I'm out of the store and waiting somewhere (at the bus stop, for example).

jvader316
I'm New !

Post by jvader316 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 am

ATmiail35, just a quick thanks for posting this! was able to use the 20% and got some really great deals on the clearance Legos on Saturday!
J.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:20 am

SpaceViking wrote:
I'm similar---a 5% off milk or %5 off cheese is typically always available, so I scan the cartwheel bar-code every time I check out.

In the cartwheel app, there is a bar code scanner. If you scan an item's bar code with it, the app will pull up any cartwheel coupons that can apply to the item. If none are found, it will suggest other similar items. Sometimes, its easier to find coupons that match what you're buying, rather than look for coupons through the list. My habit is to scan in store to see if I can get an additional discount on what's already in my cart, but search the list when I'm out of the store and waiting somewhere (at the bus stop, for example).
Good to know, I'll try scanning stuff next time, I usually just use the scanner in store but I guess that just tells the price, not if there are cart wheel deals.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah, decided to use it to get a older 2014 Hobbit set and a couple of newer sets (especially happy to use it for Brianiac attacks, since that is a target exclusive and rarely goes on sale)

$38.74 - hobbit five armies - 35% off
$18.99 - dc brainiac attacks - 24% off
$22.80 - marvel hulk buster - 24% off

It was even funnier that the Target price checker I used listed the "20% off with cartwheel app" with my legos scanned ( even though it was clearly supposed to be excluded)