Target summer clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Target summer clearance

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 am

SpaceViking wrote:Not sure if this is true everywhere, but the Target's close to me had a new round of markdowns this morning. Most everything I found was 50% off (Ultra Agents, and a few medium sized Creator sets).
Yeah, Thursday is the markdown day for toys at Target, it's pretty standard across most stores. It's usually two weeks for each pricepoint, but that can vary by location. But if you can check a store on Wednesdays and Thursdays, you can see when they first mark things down by 15% and check back in two weeks for 30%, then again for 50%. Around me I generally won't see anything hit 70% off, and even 50% off is rare.

I had been scouting the Ultra Agents sets that way, waiting for them to hit 50% off, and last night after work managed to get the last UltraCopter and Stealth Patrol they had. Also the Drillex Diamond Job, but they had a LOT of those left. Some cool parts in that one, I need more yellows. If it hits 70% I might pick up another.

Interestingly enough, I just noticed while updating my collection at Brickset, that the UltraCopter was actually originally $10 less than MSRP at Target! So it was $35 (50% off $70) as opposed to $40 (50% off $80)!

Now I need the smaller two sets from that wave, then all of the third wave.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:54 am

I didn't see any more Lego sets on clearance at my local last night. I did see a few Mega Bloks, and the one I grabbed was marked down 70%. I'm going to hit the three other stores near me over the weekend and see if anything is left at those.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:04 am

vynsane wrote:...

I had been scouting the Ultra Agents sets that way, waiting for them to hit 50% off, and last night after work managed to get the last UltraCopter and Stealth Patrol they had. Also the Drillex Diamond Job, but they had a LOT of those left. Some cool parts in that one, I need more yellows. If it hits 70% I might pick up another.

I agree, the Drillex set is great for technic parts too. If they hit 70% off at a store near me, they wouldn't stay on the shelf very long. :lol:

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:21 am

Only thing I found worth mentioning was a creator hut for 19.98

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:41 am

minifigW wrote:Only thing I found worth mentioning was a creator hut for 19.98
I would have probably bought that for $20. I love the creator buildings (houses.. etc) for their more basic LEGO bricks, plates and slopes. I've only seen it as low as $30 so far in stores. I never have any luck at Target but then again I don't have one in town so I'm not at Target often enough to catch the deals. I have caught a few good ONLINE deals in the past though thanks to my wonderful friends at Toys n Bricks and their gracious dedication to sharing deal and sale information with each other. :-D

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:14 am

A lot of the Agents stuff is 30% off online, like the drill and that HUGE car thing with little mech. I was never into the theme until I bought some of the first year sets for 30-50% off and now I love them all. So much fun.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:29 am

Clearance went to 50% yesterday. I got UA stealth patrol 70169 for $25.
Only other thing they had was a bunch of small China sets for $5.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Results from my Target store travels:
These were all at 50% off
Chima Lion tribe pack - $4.98, Vardy ice vulture - $9.98, Eris fire eagle - $14.98
Chima Icebite claw driller - $24/98
they also had fire lion & phoenix temple but I already had those.
Hobbit battle of 5 armies x2 - $29.98 each
Ninjago destructoid - $14.98
Minecraft The End - $17.48
Ultra Agents Drillex - $14.98, UA Stealth Patrol - $24.98, UA Ultracopter - $34.98
Ultra Agents Mission control HQ x2 - $49.98 each
I also picked up a UA gold getaway for 30% off at $13.98- since it was the only one I could find.
DC Superheroes Darkseid Invasion x2 - $34.98 each
Creator yellow racers - $15.28
Also saw Milano and Knowhere escape, but I already own

The best deals were these:
Creator Bike Shop & Cafe at 70% off for $26.98 x2
and Chima Maula Mammoth Stomper at 85% off at $13.48
These were the only ones I found at this price and particular store.
there were also some Mega Bloks Spongebob sets for 70% off

Almost all of the sets I bought were in the actual Lego aisles this time around and not on endcaps or separate clearance aisles. I did really well considering that I wasn't even able to start shopping until noon.
Last edited by Bystander on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Holy hell at those Bike Shops! I will definitely be checking my local store on that one, thanks for the tip.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Walmart also has the bike shops for clearance. I have never heard of Target doing an 85% off sale, that's very odd to me.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Just to clarify. The bike shops were only on clearance at one store. They were still full price everywhere else, and the Maula mammoth scanned "item not found" and the nice employee gave it to me for half off the last clearance price which was $26.98. She said they had been salvaged at this particular store. The odds of anyone finding either of these sets for that price is almost nil at this point.
I probably should have put these under the "steal of a deal" section instead.
There still may be a few of the 50% off sets floating around, but after a few days even these will be very hard to come by. You usually have to find stuff within the first day that they are marked down to 50% off, maybe the first few days on some of the Chima sets.
The sets that seem to be on clearance at only a few stores are:
Creator Bike shop & café
Creator Yellow flyers
Minecraft The End
and DC Darkseid Invasion.
The rest seem to be nationwide.
Last edited by Bystander on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:33 pm

SpaceViking wrote:
vynsane wrote:...

I agree, the Drillex set is great for technic parts too. If they hit 70% off at a store near me, they wouldn't stay on the shelf very long. :lol:
Keep in mind, since this is summer clearance and they never really stocked a lot, unless your Target has a ton of Legos they may salvage sets they have instead of ever dropping them to 70%.

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:37 am

My store was cleared out except for Furry Creatures (31021) for $9.98
Picked up 4 of them, cute little kit.

*Wasn't marked as clearance, but I know the price normally..

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:27 am

flash0222 wrote:My store was cleared out except for Furry Creatures (31021) for $9.98
Picked up 4 of them, cute little kit.

*Wasn't marked as clearance, but I know the price normally..
Thanks for posting this. Looks like that's the price at my closest Target, too. Cute set, esp at 50% off MSRP

jvader316
I'm New !

Post by jvader316 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:06 am

Eastern PA update
My Target only had the Chima Ice pack for $5.98, unfortunetly out here once the sets go down to 30% they usually sell out very quickly! Its rare to see any Lego sets actually make it to that magic Thursday where they are cut down to 70% but I do assume its like that in many other Target across the country. That 20% off coupon 2 weeks ago helped get me the Milano and Fire Temple at almost 60% so Im hoping for the Winter clearance they have something similiar! So as of Saturday at my 2 targets there are no Lego sets left on clearance :)
Good luck hunting!

IAmElim
Citizen
Citizen

Post by IAmElim » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I visited the Target located in Kingston, Massachusetts today and here's what they had :
70146 : Flying Phoenix Fire Temple (Chima) at 60$ (50%). 4-5 left
70170 : Ultra-Copter Vs Anti-Matter (Ultra Agents) at 35$ (56,25% off), 1 left

The rest was at full RRSP.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:48 pm

flash0222 wrote:My store was cleared out except for Furry Creatures (31021) for $9.98
Found these today at 9.98, finally. Next to them was the Creator Mountain Hut, for $19.98 (also 50% off MSRP). (204-00-1232) So, keep your eyes open for this deal. Works out to an average of 3.6 cents per brick. A great deal.

And I must add that "unadvertised Target clearance" beats out "Target clearance"---there's a good chance you'll actually find them items still on the shelves!

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:08 pm

I did score a Hobbit Battle of Five Armies for $30 today. I spent about 30 minutes price-checking any other sets mentioned out here and everything else was regular price

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:55 am

I haven't found any Lego at Target for a while now that was more than 50% off, but in the High Point Target today I saw 3 Friends 41038 Jungle Rescue Base on an endcap for half off. I scanned if on a whim and it rang up $17.98! Grabbed all 3 for less than the original price of 1. :) It was a great find.

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

Payton & Ohlen Target in Austin Texas has LEGO® Disney Princess Rapunzel's Creativity Tower 41054 (086-14-2910) for $11.98. While online stock checkers show zero stock, my wife picked up 4 on 8/5 at that price (plus 5% red card off). She said there were another 5 left in stock. She went to check on another item yesterday which was gone, but the lady said she was willing to pull the Rapunzel's Towers from the back if my wife wanted more.

If you do go get whatever is left, take your target app, as the $11.98 is not the price at the register, but it is the price your target app will scan, and you can make them price match it.