Walmart Summer LEGO Clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
minifigW
Knight
Knight

Re: Walmart Summer LEGO Clearance 2015

Post by minifigW » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:53 pm

walmart finally started summer markdowns, heres what was red tagged at a local store.

green city monster truck $7.00 (was 9.97)
city car transporter $21.00 (was 29.97)
one of the chima battle packs $7.00
sir fanglars ice thing $35.00 (was 49.97)
helicopter surveillance $59.00 (was 79.97) (tag only)
new ninjago set $59.00 (was 74?) (tag only)

stashed the three monster trucks and will be back for em.

rgusa8
I'm New !

Post by rgusa8 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Noticed 2 Lego Star Wars red tags that caught my eye at our store when quickly taking a look.

75049 Snowspeeder $21.00
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina $49.00

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Just found seven double decker couches discounted to 11.00 each, swooped them all :D

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Some of the same deals others are finding

Berea, Ky Walmart is doing major remodeling. I saw some mark-downs that really surprised me there
Ant-Man Final battle down to $15 (all gone)
Avenger's Attack on Stark Tower down to $45

Movie: Cloud Cuckoo Palace $15
Movie: Double Decker Couch $11 (took last one)
Guardians: Starblaster Showdown $15 (all gone)
Ultra Agents: Hurricane heist $35
SW: Mos Eisley Cantina down to $49.99
Chima: ___ Tribe packs down to $7

Some of these sets are really new. The Green Lantern set was full price sitting right beside the newer but already reduced Ant-man set?

London, KY...
Ultra Agents: Toxic Meltdown $30
Ultra Agents: Stealth patrol $35
Ultra Agents: Tremor track $15
SW Rebels: Ghost down to $64.99

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Unbelievably found 5 TMNT 79117 Turtle Lair Invasions for $44!! 2 of them had been re-taped closed so I grabbed the other 3. Anything else marked down has already been listed by others except for a couple of Hobbit Mirkwood Spider sets, all other markdowns were at 30%.

Good luck all!

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:46 pm

I got 2 turtle lair invasion sets for 25, 1 ninjago ninja temple for $10, the creator cabin mountain set for 10 and 18 of the friends magician set for $3! So freaking happy!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:29 pm

XiousDs wrote:I got 2 turtle lair invasion sets for 25, 1 ninjago ninja temple for $10, the creator cabin mountain set for 10 and 18 of the friends magician set for $3! So freaking happy!
wow! Thats quite a nice haul!

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:16 am

My haul was good but someone hit gold. I had been watching the clearance at one walmart by me for a while. They had a massive clearance section at the front of the store with everything at stupid few cent off prices. They had had like 10 of the ninjago temples and a bunch of other $70-$100 sets. I decided to wait a couple extra days after the 4th. They had moved everything to a new clearness section with everything on a long set of shelves with 3 price tags... $1, $5, and $10. That was the store I got my single creator cabin and ninja temple from. The first person to that sale must have been dancing in delight.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:02 am

Saw lots of deals others are posting about. The ones that stood out to me were Darkseid Invasion for $49 and Indominus Rex Breakout already marked down to $99.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:09 am

man, people are still finding hobbit sets? incredible

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:39 am

Richmond KY:
Movie: Cloud Cuckoo Palace $15
Movie: Double Decker Couch $11 (took last one)
Movie: Bad cop Car Chase down to $21
Movie: Metalbeard duel down to $25
Movie: Emmet's contrust-o-Mech down to ... i forgot.. somewhere between $40-$45
Hulk Smash Lab down to $35 (only one left on shelf)
Darkseid Invasion down to $50
SW rebels: Ghost down to $65
SW rebels: wookie gunship down to ... I forgot.. somewhere between $40-$50
SW battle packs: most if not all marked down to $9 (for example Deathstar troopers and utapau troopers). I didn't check to see if same price applied to Shadow troopers (or if they were even in stock)
SW rebels: Ezra's speeder bike down to $15
SW: T-16 skyhopper down to $20
SW: Jedi interceptor down to $20
SW: General Greivous Wheelbike down to $20
SW rebels: The phantom down to $20
Creator: 31032 Red Creatures down to $11

All were in the regular lego aisle. Didn't see any LEGO in other clearance sections throughout the store. Didn't see any TMNT sets at all.

Are they discounting so many just to make room for the few new LEGO products coming in August? Most aren't huge discounts but there are more items than i expected to be discounted.

I only bought the Double-Decker couch although I was tempted by several items.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:57 pm

One of you must live near my Walmart, all the double decker couches were gone ;)
Actually all LEGO movie stuff was gone except for 3 cloud cuckoo castles that had crushed boxes, and I didn't get any since I just got this set at target.
This was the Walmart on shawline St in San Diego.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:16 pm

grommom wrote:One of you must live near my Walmart, all the double decker couches were gone ;)
Actually all LEGO movie stuff was gone except for 3 cloud cuckoo castles that had crushed boxes, and I didn't get any since I just got this set at target.
This was the Walmart on shawline St in San Diego.
Sorry. ;-) It wasn't me in this case though. I have bought a total of 3 though at different wal-marts in KY. My son wanted one. I'll probably give some of the minifigures to my niece. I love the medium blue tiles that come with the set. Medium blue is one of my favorite LEGO colors. Its a set that will sell quickly at discounted prices since there are so many minifigures in it and at about $10 its an easy impulse buy for people to buy for gifts. Plus I'm sure lots of ebay and bricklink sellers would want them with the many minifigures. Good luck finding one

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Just to verify, I know the MSRP on some of those sets off the top of my head but not all of them...

None of those are the 50% markdown yet right? (that is usually next wave of clearance markdowns after the 30ish % wave)...and the 3rd is the 60-75% markdown.

My store has a bunch of stuff still at 30%...I'm not even considering buying(though no cantinas or I would be considering those). I'll wait it out.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:01 pm

lego the hutt wrote:Just to verify, I know the MSRP on some of those sets off the top of my head but not all of them...

None of those are the 50% markdown yet right? (that is usually next wave of clearance markdowns after the 30ish % wave)...and the 3rd is the 60-75% markdown.

My store has a bunch of stuff still at 30%...I'm not even considering buying(though no cantinas or I would be considering those). I'll wait it out.
I did the math on a couple of sets and it was 27-30% off stuff was pretty picked over at my Walmart, so unless there was some special clearance section, I'm guessing most of this stuff will get sold by 50%, whenever that is.
StClair wrote: Sorry. ;-) It wasn't me in this case though. I have bought a total of 3 though at different wal-marts in KY. My son wanted one. I'll probably give some of the minifigures to my niece. I love the medium blue tiles that come with the set. Medium blue is one of my favorite LEGO colors. Its a set that will sell quickly at discounted prices since there are so many minifigures in it and at about $10 its an easy impulse buy for people to buy for gifts. Plus I'm sure lots of ebay and bricklink sellers would want them with the many minifigures. Good luck finding one
Thanks, I just went because I happened to be near Walmart, if I drive all over looking for one set I'll burn more than $4 in gas for sure, so I guess I'll settle for going to the LEGO soff, e next time we're over that way and getting it with points, which was actually what I was saving my points for in the first place :)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

grommom wrote:Thanks, I just went because I happened to be near Walmart, if I drive all over looking for one set I'll burn more than $4 in gas for sure, so I guess I'll settle for going to the LEGO soff, e next time we're over that way and getting it with points, which was actually what I was saving my points for in the first place :)
I often wonder if instead of trying to find clearance LEGO if I should just go ahead and pay full retail for the sets that interest me. One must consider:
-gas spent looking for deals
-time spent looking for deals
-money spent on sets that one didn't originally want... they were bought because they were on clearance

As you mentioned doing I try to stop and look for deals when I'm already nearby or in store... although I do make detours to look sometimes and I confess to occasionally going somewhere just to look for a reported clearance deal. I probably made several trips looking for the Guardians of the Galaxy: Milano Spaceship Rescue 76021 when people were reporting finding it at 50% off or less. I finally did find it. I'm pretty good at making excuses/reasons to stop various places in search of deals.

Also though the joy of finding a deal may just be worth the time and money invested in finding the discounted set. Its quite a thrill finally finding it :-D

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

minifigW wrote:man, people are still finding hobbit sets? incredible
I wish that i could find them more often. I did see a Council of Elrond set somewhere recently. I think it was at Wal-mart last week. I was sure that I had found a great deal because it was the only one on the shelf and i was sure that someone must have found it behind a shelf or returned or something. It scanned at full price though. I'm going to miss the LOTR and Hobbit sets.

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:28 pm

StClair wrote:Also though the joy of finding a deal may just be worth the time and money invested in finding the discounted set. Its quite a thrill finally finding it :-D
Finding that awesome discount is 90% of the fun.

XiousDs
I'm New !

Post by XiousDs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Especially when the freak discount is 90% or more off :)

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 pm

StClair wrote:
I often wonder if instead of trying to find clearance LEGO if I should just go ahead and pay full retail for the sets that interest me. One must consider:
-gas spent looking for deals
-time spent looking for deals
-money spent on sets that one didn't originally want... they were bought because they were on clearance

As you mentioned doing I try to stop and look for deals when I'm already nearby or in store... although I do make detours to look sometimes and I confess to occasionally going somewhere just to look for a reported clearance deal. I probably made several trips looking for the Guardians of the Galaxy: Milano Spaceship Rescue 76021 when people were reporting finding it at 50% off or less. I finally did find it. I'm pretty good at making excuses/reasons to stop various places in search of deals.

Also though the joy of finding a deal may just be worth the time and money invested in finding the discounted set. Its quite a thrill finally finding it :-D
Yes, thanks to target I think I buy more sets than we'd really have interest in just in case my kids get into this or that.... Lol. Also thanks for your pm with advice, I would have replied but I think you have receive pm turned off.

I generally do not go specifically to a store to hunt sets unless I happen to be in the area, luckily I live about 3 miles from target so I don't mind popping over there for a quick look... Walmart on the other hand is about a 20-30 min drive so I only go there when I have a shopping list, or am over there for another reason. I was just telling my friend who I need for lunch near the Walmart today that I was looking for the LEGO movie sets on sale because we just watched the movie and he told me that he loves getting deals on LEGO too, and often tells his kids that he'll get them a certain set because it's on sale and they say "but we don't care about guardians of the galaxy" and he'll say "but it's LEGO, we're getting it" :)

I guess I'm lucky because my house is near target and we're just around the corner with the mall with the LEGO store twice a week, so I can justify popping over just to check things out. My only issue now is space, that and the fact that my husband thinks it's a waste of time to make a special trip to get clearance LEGO, but he enjoys playing with it with my son, so he shouldn't complain too much! He's the one that talked me down from buying a bunch of small sets that were 50% off, I thought they'd make good small gifts for kids we know but he just shook his head... So I grabbed two and he gave me the side eye but I said "what? We have two boys!". Of course one of them is only 5 months old but he needs that cop and robber city set right?!