May the 4th LEGO Star Wars Sale 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: May the 4th LEGO Star Wars Sale 2015

Post by poniemomo » Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 am

I went ahead and did a $75 order, got the sky hopper, the anikin custom starfighter, a battle pack and stormtrooper keychain. Not a great sale but these were sets I was going to pick up anyway and I usually save the SW exclusives for these kind of deals.

minifigsee
I'm New !

Post by minifigsee » Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 am

This sale is great! Normally I get excited about 30% savings, but to save 100%....Amazing!

Granted, I didn't buy anything...but think of the savings!

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sat May 02, 2015 10:17 am

Went to the brick and mortar store. I was very disappointed that I was not able to pick which poster I got and that it was folded :(. They only had the Episode 4 poster ... I expected it to be bigger also.

On the up side I did pick up a damaged City Flatbed truck (60017) for 5$ (75% off)

monkeyflyers
I'm New !

Post by monkeyflyers » Sat May 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Best Sale price of May 4th amazon Sale Ewok Village 10236 for 68% off!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F15 ... CP65CH3GMX

But the starting price is $791.68

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sun May 03, 2015 2:29 pm

People who complain about the sale but then go ahead and make an order for regular sets anyway are just playing into Lego's greedy hands. Just. Stop. Buying.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun May 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Slickson wrote:I was very disappointed that I was not able to pick which poster I got and that it was folded :(. They only had the Episode 4 poster ... I expected it to be bigger also.
The promo states that it is the Ep. IV poster - next month the Ep. V poster will be available the second half of the month with any SW purchase.

That is too bad that it's folded, though. Reports out of Celebration VII were that it was not folded. Is it folded in half or in quarters? What are the dimensions? Is it the same size as the LEGO Movie posters that were released in conjunction with the movie premiere last year?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sun May 03, 2015 3:33 pm

monkeyflyers wrote:Best Sale price of May 4th amazon Sale Ewok Village 10236 for 68% off!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F15 ... CP65CH3GMX

But the starting price is $791.68
That's a massive sale! Indeed. Is Amazon already speculating the cost?

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 pm

vynsane wrote:
Slickson wrote:I was very disappointed that I was not able to pick which poster I got and that it was folded :(. They only had the Episode 4 poster ... I expected it to be bigger also.
The promo states that it is the Ep. IV poster - next month the Ep. V poster will be available the second half of the month with any SW purchase.

That is too bad that it's folded, though. Reports out of Celebration VII were that it was not folded. Is it folded in half or in quarters? What are the dimensions? Is it the same size as the LEGO Movie posters that were released in conjunction with the movie premiere last year?
The posters given out during the celebration were not folded and hence could be rolled. The same posters available at stores / online purchases are all folded and same size as the Lego movie posters from last year.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Sun May 03, 2015 6:57 pm

I went twice to one of my local stores, first visit I received torn poster but on my second visit I asked for 2 and the employee gave me 2. I also places 2 online orders so this is total of 4 admiral yularens for me. Each purchase was a %10 off MTT for about $81. If they still have the free minifig on line...well, the sale is not over ;)
VENI VIDI VICI

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm

I went ahead and order the UCS 10240 Red Five X-wing.
I wanted the set since last year and since it's starting to look like this set is disappearing at most retails for the regular price, it was a 'no brainer'.
Plus I got the Admiral Yularen for free, a poster and VIP points.

I call it a win-win scenario.
Now lets hope that Lego can fulfill my order before this goes out of stock forever.
Otherwise I will have to execute plan B fast. ;-) (Try to get it before it goes up in value.)

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Mon May 04, 2015 6:34 am

As of Monday morning, the sale is still on and admiral is in my cart :)
VENI VIDI VICI