Double VIP Points March 14-29, 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Double VIP Points March 14-29, 2015

Post by jnparyniak » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 pm

jmeninno wrote:Great...went to the lego store today and the Easter Egg set was sold out. One of the employees gave me a free shipping code, so I could order it online. Get home...and it's "sold out"...

Does anyone think this set will come back in stock? If not, I'd be willing to trade someone a set for a new Painting Easter Eggs set...or pay them...
The Lego store here in South Florida had a shelf full of them still

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:36 pm

videriant wrote:Sometimes, it's not worth waiting for Double VIP. It only gives you an extra 5% which for $10 is 50 cents and for $20 a $1 savings.
I agree. "Sometimes" it isn't. I used to buy LEGO almost exclusively through LEGO shop at home because of VIP points and free promo exclusive items then I joined Toysnbricks and started shopping around for bargains mostly through Amazon (but also in store at various retail chains).

I do still love saving up VIP points though for big purchases. Double VIP is incredibly great for items that are exclusive for LEGO shop at home and in actual LEGO stores (modular buildings and a few other items) since they rarely go on sale or aren't available elsewhere. I agree though many items can be bought elsewhere at a better deal than VIP points with a little patience and research.

I'm actually considering purchasing the Ghostbusters set this week bc of VIP points bc I have no idea how long it will be around and I probably won't be able to catch it on sale.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 am

I want that Ghostbuster set too. I was going to wait for April to see if there is a promo item instead of the extra $2.5 I would save from double VIP.

Some TRU around me have it for $50, but most others $55. If they have a promo I can combine with the $5 off $25 before it expires (3/21) I'll consider that too.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:45 am

I ended up putting a bid on ebay...let's hope I can grab it! Otherwise, it looks like I can grab it for under $20 shipped with a buy-it-now...thanks everyone!

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 am

I'm rather disappointed in how lego handled the Easter set. I went the first day the set was released (before double points) and the set was already sold out at the store. It didn't even last half a day and when I asked the employee if they were getting more, I got a vague response which amounted to they didn't know.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 am

bea wrote:I'm rather disappointed in how lego handled the Easter set. I went the first day the set was released (before double points) and the set was already sold out at the store. It didn't even last half a day and when I asked the employee if they were getting more, I got a vague response which amounted to they didn't know.
And you had two-three weeks to buy it online, when you were n the store they could have shipped it to your house for free. I don't really understand what the problem is.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:39 am

I didn't know that the Lego Store would ship a $10 set to my house for free. Is this supposed to be common knowledge?

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:22 pm

I guess it's common knowledge to regulars at the LEGO stores. If the store is out of a set, but it's available online, you can pay for it in store (via Shop & Ship) and have it shipped to you for free.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:41 pm

crazybirdman wrote:I guess it's common knowledge to regulars at the LEGO stores. If the store is out of a set, but it's available online, you can pay for it in store (via Shop & Ship) and have it shipped to you for free.
I have been to a LEGO Store once in the last 4-5 years, I just assumed everyone knew that.

If the set is not in store and is online the store is supposed to offer you to ship it to your house for free. That's been around as long as the stores have been.

frackbricks
Citizen
Citizen

Post by frackbricks » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:14 pm

If anyone is looking for the blue train. Both target and amazon are price matching each other. 159.99 . $40 less then TLG. No VIP points, but it is a savings.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Picked up four easter sets at the Braintree Lego store last night. Couldn't believe my eyes. I know someone said to check out that store, but I wasn't planning a trip up that way so I just thought they'd be sold out until I got up there again. Keep in mind, I paid $20 for one on ebay, which is due to arrive on Monday...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 pm

LEGO Fusion sets are on sale for $28 on S@H, so with double points it might be worth looking into them because they rarely go on sale (Probably because they seem to be an after thought and only sold at TRU.)