[USA] LEGO Darkseid Invasion on sale for $59.99

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] LEGO Darkseid Invasion on sale for $59.99

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:17 am

Amazon America currently has LEGO Super Heroes Darkseid Invasion on sale for $59.99 (reg.$69.99). Savings work out to be 14% off. LEGO Creator Furry Creatures is also down to $15.99 (reg.$19.99) which works out to be 20% off.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-darksei ... for-59-99/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] LEGO Darkseid Invasion on sale for $59.99

Post by Buttmunch » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:41 pm

I've got an even better deal for you! The Green Lantern vs Sinestro set is only $12.99 on the target website:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-hero ... ntern+lego

They don't have any online, but I went to my local target store and they happily price matched their website's price! :clap:

I have no idea why they have the set for that price online, but for whatever reason, its there and if your Target store has the set in stock, they too should match it. I doubt a better deal will ever be had on that set unless it hits a super clearance in a year or two.

Very happy with that price. I got it and the Batman/Unikitty set tonight for just under $25.

And just as an FYI, the Darkseid set did indeed have a regular price tag of $59.99 on the shelf there. :up:

ss7man
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ss7man » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Target near me is retarded. They will not price to their own website.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Maybe you ought to refresh them of their own policy:

https://corporate.target.com/about/shop ... confidence

:roll: Its probably YMMV because of individual stubbornness/laziness.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:22 am

ss7man wrote:Target near me is retarded. They will not price to their own website.
Mine wouldn't price match either because the upc is different between the $12.99 link and the actual product, which is true. Still. Something is left displeasing here.

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:48 am

^LOL @Batman trying to save a few bucks on a Batman set haha

Optimus_Brick
I'm New !

Post by Optimus_Brick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:24 am

I wonder if the online DCPI number is different from what is in stores for the Green Lantern set? I called a couple Targets in my area yesterday and they both told me that the item was discontinued and that no store near by had them. If you guys are finding them in stores, I might just have to do that and see for myself.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 am

i went to edgewater nj target.
price matched no problem!!!

look, if one fool refuses to price match, politely smile, and walk up to the second checkout person.

this guy was great. walked up, showed him my phone, and he just typed in 12.99, did not even bat an eye.
remember, these guys are part time, they do not 'own' target. so all you gotta do is find a cool checkout person.

i was in tru, accidentally showed an expired coupon, and the girl said, 'that expired yesterday, but let me see what i can do...' and they hooked it up!!!

also, one time i joked with a checkout guy, at tru, 'd**n, transformers used to be 9.99' and the guy lowered the price just like that.

if you can prove to them a price a lower, i have had great success.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 am

Optimus_Brick wrote:I wonder if the online DCPI number is different from what is in stores for the Green Lantern set? I called a couple Targets in my area yesterday and they both told me that the item was discontinued and that no store near by had them. If you guys are finding them in stores, I might just have to do that and see for myself.

The DCPIs are different too. The in-store one is 204-00-1480. The online one for the $12.99 is 204-00-0369 (if I recall). That's why the person who I dealt with refused to price match despite the blantantly obvious fact that the two items were identical. I would've probably went to another employee for assistance, but as soon as two co-workers smelled confrontation, they fled. So I was left stranded with the "employee of the year."

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am

They fled not due to confrontation with any regular ol' joe...they fled from confrontation with...THE BATMAN ;)

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 am

Anyone try this in TRU? I may try this tonight, tomorrow, or some time over the weekend.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:36 am

jmeninno wrote:They fled not due to confrontation with any regular ol' joe...they fled from confrontation with...THE BATMAN ;)
I did dress in all black. Ha.

Optimus_Brick
I'm New !

Post by Optimus_Brick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:53 am

This set is already $59.99 at Target without the discount.

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Re: The Green Lantern set - both my local Targets had it on the shelf and marked at $21.99. However, Target.com and their mobile app both show it as 'Out Of Stock' and 'Not Sold In Stores' but have it listed as $12.99, which makes no sense. I quickly grabbed one and went straight to the customer service counter, got the price match and strolled on out. I have price matched there countless times - they even match Amazon - and never once have had a problem.

That's a 41% savings on the Green Lantern set. Snatch it up before they correct their online price!

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:11 pm

jmeninno wrote:Anyone try this in TRU? I may try this tonight, tomorrow, or some time over the weekend.
I have price-matched at TRU many times. They are a bit less-than-friendly about it sometimes, but I just keep on smiling and stay as polite as I can. Find an employee who seems nice, and turn on the charm!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Luckily, I have a good friend who works at a TRU, and she hooks us up pretty often :) I was more so asking because the DCPI and whatnot doesn't "match up" (even though it's clearly the same item). I know DCPI is a Target thing, but I was concerned that TRU may argue it's "authenticity" (for lack of much better term).

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:21 pm

For TRU, does the item have to be in stock by the competitor to get the price match?

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Batman wrote:For TRU, does the item have to be in stock by the competitor to get the price match?
By policy, yes.

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Batman wrote:For TRU, does the item have to be in stock by the competitor to get the price match?
When I've price-matched at TRU (using the Amazon app on my phone), they have only asked to see that it says 'Ships and Sold by Amazon' - I've never had them check to see if it's in stock, but you never know if it will happen.

Optimus_Brick
I'm New !

Post by Optimus_Brick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't like that policy. If the other store had it in stock I'd be there buying it instead of TRU.