Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by craan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 pm

guppy wrote:Scored the Milano for $20!!!
I am guessing it is a no, but will Walmart price match other Walmart prices that you can find via the app?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:08 pm

guppy wrote:Scored the Milano for $20!!!
Is that Alyssa Milano?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

guppy
I'm New !

Post by guppy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Ending up getting a few more:

Lego Movie Trash Chomper $10
Lego MovieBad Cop Pursuit $10
Ninjango Ninjacopter $20
Guardians Milano $20
Chima Ice Mammoth Stomper $20
Creative bucket $10

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 pm

guppy wrote:Ending up getting a few more:

Ninjango Ninjacopter $20
Guardians Milano $20
Creative bucket $10

Wow!!! Which location?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:06 am

Nice finds guys!!

Milano for $20-25??? awesome score!

Similar reports from here in Pittsburgh PA and surrounding area.

Walmarts across the board have begun to clearance out sets at 30% off.

After tucking in my son and wife, I went on a late night city tour of 4 area walmarts and was able to score quite a few Turtles sets.

Turtles Junior set 10669 for $15
Ninja Turtles 79116 Big Rig Showdown for $49
Turtles Turtle sub 79116 for $45
Ninja Turtles Van Takedown for $30.00

There is a huge demand for authentic turtle figures, especially the movie turtles fetching up to $20 each. They are one of my biggest sellers and far outsell Star Wars and Harry Potter minifigures.

I cant imagine what the market value will be after EOL...also factoring the knock off/fake movie turtles don't have the correct shell mold all my customers like. They like the shells that you can put swords on. I'll be selling these movie turtles for $30 each all day..

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:15 am

Brickmythic wrote:Nice finds guys!!

Milano for $20-25??? awesome score!

Similar reports from here in Pittsburgh PA and surrounding area.

Walmarts across the board have begun to clearance out sets at 30% off.

After tucking in my son and wife, I went on a late night city tour of 4 area walmarts and was able to score quite a few Turtles sets.

Turtles Junior set 10669 for $15
Ninja Turtles 79116 Big Rig Showdown for $49
Turtles Turtle sub 79116 for $45
Ninja Turtles Van Takedown for $30.00

There is a huge demand for authentic turtle figures, especially the movie turtles fetching up to $20 each. They are one of my biggest sellers and far outsell Star Wars and Harry Potter minifigures.

I cant imagine what the market value will be after EOL...also factoring the knock off/fake movie turtles don't have the correct shell mold all my customers like. They like the shells that you can put swords on. I'll be selling these movie turtles for $30 each all day..
Good thing to hear!! my wally is filled to the brim with turtles sets!! question guys, they have the mutation chamber unleashed for $15.00, thats like 40% off, should i clear them out?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

Mutation Chamber is $24.99 at LEGOshop@home. Only has one turtle (Ralph) and Victor and Spider-Byte. The only minifig included from classic Turtles is Ralph and he has some sort of armor printing and mask on face. I'm only guessing but I would guess that after TMNT has retired the ones that will be in high demand will be the regular most classic looking turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder... (characters that are most classic of the series). I could be very wrong though.

Also you may want to consider that TMNT theme may stick around for a few years. One may not want to store too many of them for a long period if this is the case. Consider Spongebob. Spongebob sets were around for a long time even though they didn't produce a huge number of sets.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 am

$15 is a good deal.

St Clair, TMNT is already EOL in most regions in the world. Nickelodeon just signed a multi million dollar deal with Megabloks so there is a good chance we won't see any nickelodeon lego for a very long time.

The Megabloks deal is sort of the main reason behind TMNT lego swift exit. (it sold just fine) Also it doesnt help Lego to sell Ninjago sets with 2 Ninja themes. and Ninjago is basically a rip off of Turtles. splinter=wu, garmadon=shredder, 4 ninja/4 turtles, funny guy, smart guy,rude guy, and leader etc and so forth..

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Brickmythic wrote:$15 is a good deal.

St Clair, TMNT is already EOL in most regions in the world. Nickelodeon just signed a multi million dollar deal with Megabloks so there is a good chance we won't see any nickelodeon lego for a very long time.

The Megabloks deal is sort of the main reason behind TMNT lego swift exit. (it sold just fine) Also it doesnt help Lego to sell Ninjago sets with 2 Ninja themes. and Ninjago is basically a rip off of Turtles. splinter=wu, garmadon=shredder, 4 ninja/4 turtles, funny guy, smart guy,rude guy, and leader etc and so forth..
Thank you. I didn't realize that LEGO TMNT is ending soon. I did notice the new themes in Megabloks but forgot that TMNT is connected to Nickelodeon. Thanks for the info. Really (no sarcasm intended). I was really hoping to see Casey Jones, Rocksteady and Bebop in minifigure form before it ended :sad:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

LegoImagination wrote:
guppy wrote:Ending up getting a few more:

Ninjango Ninjacopter $20
Guardians Milano $20
Creative bucket $10

Wow!!! Which location?
I had to check Wal-mart myself after hearing about the $20 Milano set. I was surprised that they had clearanced some Richmond, KY but not the prices most of you are reporting (yet... fingers crossed). Bad Cop Pursuit was $21. Chima Ice Mammoth Stomper $59. Milano $54. LEGO Movie Super Secret Dropship was $59. Several of the TMNT sets were also reduced but I don't remember the prices (maybe... 30%? off). All were still in the normal LEGO aisle and tagged correctly with red sticker. I scanned all of the ones that I listed.

I would really love a $20 Milano (or even $35). I'll be checking back often to see if they drop.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:09 pm

StClair wrote:
Brickmythic wrote:$15 is a good deal.

Thank you. I didn't realize that LEGO TMNT is ending soon. I did notice the new themes in Megabloks but forgot that TMNT is connected to Nickelodeon. Thanks for the info. Really (no sarcasm intended). I was really hoping to see Casey Jones, Rocksteady and Bebop in minifigure form before it ended :sad:
We might see new ones with the sequel movie as that I don't think that is owned by Nich, just the TV rights.

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:45 pm

does anyone know walmarts mark-down schedule? is it on Wednesday?

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:38 am

I picked up a few Creator Furry Creatures for $9 today. They had a lot of Ninjago sets including Mechdragon for $65 and Temple of Light for $35 (debated that one).

I don't know much about Chima but they had some Speedorz for $5 and a bunch of larger sets that weren't actually marked down.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Alright, just left wallys

Got 12 mutation chambers for 15, had about two dozen left (most not tagged and in an obscure location)
and right before i left I noticed a green lego box sticking out of the corner of the clearance isle, low and behold i found an golden dragon set from early 2013 for $15.00!! great find !

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Lucky, Pierce county Washington has bubkis, 25% off occasionally 30%. Mutation Chamber is $20-$25 here on clearance @ 4 WalMarts

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Tried another Wal-mart on the way home from work today with no really exciting results.

... except a red sticker on the SHELF that was for the Justice League set with Darkseid. The price was 49.99. I couldn't find any of the set. My guess is that this particular store will no longer be carrying that particular set? They also had one Metalbeard set with a 24.99 tag. All other finds were the ..meh.. prices that others have reported. (Still haven't found my $20 Milano.. but still looking)

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 am

minifigW wrote:Alright, just left wallys

Got 12 mutation chambers for 15, had about two dozen left (most not tagged and in an obscure location)
and right before i left I noticed a green lego box sticking out of the corner of the clearance isle, low and behold i found an golden dragon set from early 2013 for $15.00!! great find !
nice finds!
where (region,state) did you find the mutation chambers?

the small/medium turtles sets have been slim picking here.

I am especially after the Lego Turtles junior sets for $15 and Turtle Van Takedown for $30 and plan on swooping the rural northeast on my way to NYC next month. However in pa/ny, turtles were fairly popular during the holidays and not much made it to clearance up here, even in the rural locations.

The junior turtles set has several exclusive printed elements that are actually quite impressive for modular city and superhero moc's.

its hard to believe turtles will be completely gone by august, too short, too soon for the entire run.

It will be sad to see LotR go as well...

2 brilliant themes with roots in literature that shaped and defined generations...

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:10 am

I've only see the Milano for $54. I did buy one at that price. I also found an XMen Sentinel for $25.
I have seen the Turtles sets for 20-35% off, but didn't pick up any. I couldn't really spend the extra cash.
Brickmythic...I did see $15 Mutation Chambers here in NH. If I get out later today, I'll check to see what other Turtle items are still out here.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 am

Brickmythic wrote:
minifigW wrote:Alright, just left wallys

nice finds!
where (region,state) did you find the mutation chambers?

the small/medium turtles sets have been slim picking here.

I am especially after the Lego Turtles junior sets for $15 and Turtle Van Takedown for $30 and plan on swooping the rural northeast on my way to NYC next month. However in pa/ny, turtles were fairly popular during the holidays and not much made it to clearance up here, even in the rural locations.

The junior turtles set has several exclusive printed elements that are actually quite impressive for modular city and superhero moc's.

its hard to believe turtles will be completely gone by august, too short, too soon for the entire run.

It will be sad to see LotR go as well...

2 brilliant themes with roots in literature that shaped and defined generations...
this was in a single SoCal walmart, most other ones had them for $19-24 i think the reason they where marked down so much was simple overstock, good set though, parts out at $50

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 am

The walmart app shows TMNT flying car set is 15.00 (regular 34.97) about half an hour away, might have to make a trip up there!