Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Walmart clearance 2015

Post by LegoImagination » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm

minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:
poniemomo wrote:Found a lone AT-AP for $17 and a Milano for $35.
Great finds! Mines dropped to 20 but then dissapered, looks like I have an competitor around here :lol:
Well, I am around you... But it wasn't me. I am still looking for the Milano or Benny's Spaceship. Appreciate any heads ups.

BTW, I am buying for myself, not for resell. :)
Aliso Viejo/ luguna walmart has the space ship, not marked down yet but still in stock..
I decided to check that store today, since I needed to stop at home depot anyway. They had Benny's Spaceship, but not listed as marked down. I walked it all the way over to the food section to scan it and... ding $49.00

Little bit more than I really wanted to pay. But I decided to go for it since there was only one.

Thanks for the heads up. You are a good person. :) I hope you didn't have your heart set on it.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:46 pm

LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:
poniemomo wrote:Found a lone AT-AP for $17 and a Milano for $35.
Great finds! Mines dropped to 20 but then dissapered, looks like I have an competitor around here :lol:
Well, I am around you... But it wasn't me. I am still looking for the Milano or Benny's Spaceship. Appreciate any heads ups.

BTW, I am buying for myself, not for resell. :)
Aliso Viejo/ luguna walmart has the space ship, not marked down yet but still in stock..
I decided to check that store today, since I needed to stop at home depot anyway. They had Benny's Spaceship, but not listed as marked down. I walked it all the way over to the food section to scan it and... ding $49.00

Little bit more than I really wanted to pay. But I decided to go for it since there was only one.

Thanks for the heads up. You are a good person. :) I hope you didn't have your heart set on it.
well that's why you don't trust the Walmart app :-D glad you got it, as I didn't really want it.
did you notice any other markdowns?

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 pm

minifigW wrote: well that's why you don't trust the Walmart app :-D glad you got it, as I didn't really want it.
did you notice any other markdowns?
I was in and out quickly, in fact I forgot to even look at the clearance wall next to sporting goods. BTW, I noticed on Reddit many users are finding Bennys Spaceship for $49.00. Of course people are reporting pricing all over the place.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: Black Friday Walmart 2014

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 pm

I just found one of these (10664 Creative Tower) for $15. Last one on the shelf. Crushed box. Must have been a return that was Clearanced in the recent markdowns. How many bags are supposed to be inside? Just want to be sure nothing is missing.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Post by FloridaBrick » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 am

So you were completely correct, Milano just went back to In Stock online and now all 10 of my area Walmart store prices on their app and on Brickseek went back up to $70.

By the way – I won’t ever use Ship to Store again. 1 store actually filled my STS orders instead of canceling them like the other stores. But when I showed up they'd put huge stickers all over them! And they used those cable wrap things to tie groups of boxes together, which were too tight and crushed several of the boxes and left pinch marks on the rest. TY very much!

If that wasn’t bad enough, because I did Ship to Store I was charged the online price, which was twice as much for every set. The only reason I went to that freaking store was because of their current clearance prices on actual sets they had in stock. Without willing to waste a trip, there was no way for me to know they were ACTUALLY in stock (as previously explained) unless they responded Ready For Pickup after I ordered through STS. So I went through 3 employees and 2 managers to get everything refunded so that I could buy it again at their lower in store clearance prices. Seriously, I had my own isle and 5 people helping me. What a fiasco!

What should have been 20 minutes took more than an hour. I guess I walked away with some decent deals, but overall not sure if it was worth my time:

$15 x3 Bad Cop Pursuit
$5 x4 Turtle Bike Escape
$5 x1 Getaway Glider
$17 x3 Turtle Sky strike
$19 x5 Turtle Van Takedown
$30 x1 NinjaCopter

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Black Friday Walmart 2014

Post by SEK527 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Nepenthe7 wrote:I just found one of these (10664 Creative Tower) for $15. Last one on the shelf. Crushed box. Must have been a return that was Clearanced in the recent markdowns. How many bags are supposed to be inside? Just want to be sure nothing is missing.
I don't remember the # of bags, but for $15 you can't go wrong. I've already used some pieces for builds, but I just weighed the remaining pieces which are in a 15 qt Sterlite box. Without the lids it weighs 3 lbs.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Today at my local Walmart I bought the TMNT Big Rig Snow Getaway for $49. The box is pretty banged up. The only other item on sale was TMNT Karai Nike Escape for $5. I bought the two they had. There's still one of the $49 sets left.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 pm

I bought three $15 each TMNT turtle subs today, they had 4-5 but I didn't want to be greedy. :lol:

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 am

turtle sub for $15 is insane. thats likely a $100 set all day by 4th quarter 2015 if it retires as expected this easter..

Today I went back the same Walmart I mentioned in an earlier post (the store that had a bunch of AT-TE's and Hobbit Goblin king Battle on clearance)

they had 8 Hobbit Goblin King Battles were still marked at $79. I asked a manager if he's discount them more if I bought them all and he lowered the price to $60.00 each.

I also picked up Turtles junior sets for $9.00.

I know a few locations with those turtle subs for $45. maybe they lowered the price, I'll have to check it out!

I'm so happy I got the 8 Goblin King battles for $60. I know they were $75-80 forever on amazon but Goblin King is one of the few Iconic villains from the literature we have. The minifigs are parting out for $75 so its a win win and I can use the bricks for terrain features on MOC's. its the only set with those particular type of cave goblins too.

good finds guys! it looks like the clearances are still steadily streaming in...

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Rechecked a few stores. All these were at 50% off or greater.
Chima Spinlyn's cavern, Scorpion stinger and Razar's raider were down to $11 so I rebought and will return the ones I got earlier for $19 each. I also found a Flying Phoenix temple for $40 so I can return the one for $59. Eris fire eagle flyer for $15 and Vardy's Ice Vulture Glider for $9. Maula Mammoth Stomper for $40.
TMNT Turtle Sub for $30 and 3 Mutation chambers for $7 each.
Creator Jungle animals and Furry creatures for $5 each. Highway motorcycles $5.
2 Milano spaceship rescues at $35 each.
City Helicopter rescue (medical helicopter/hospital) for $17.
City Arctic base camp $45.
and the best was a big box of Mixels for $1 each. :shock: I picked up all of series 4 and the five packages of series 3 that I still needed.
Don't forget to check for other toys/video game stuff also. I got the giant Hasbro Millennium Falcon for $15 and a Disney Infinity starter pack and 3 pack for $15 each and Skylanders singles from the last 2 releases for $2 to $5.

malachirobertson
I'm New !

Post by malachirobertson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 pm

For those living in Northern Indiana or Southwest Michigan. I saw three Milano spaceship rescues for $35 each at the Mishawaka, IN Walmart. The tricky thing is that they were not on the Lego aisle with the shelf tag. They were one aisle over near the price checker in the toy department.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Brickmythic wrote:turtle sub for $15 is insane. thats likely a $100 set all day by 4th quarter 2015 if it retires as expected this easter..

Today I went back the same Walmart I mentioned in an earlier post (the store that had a bunch of AT-TE's and Hobbit Goblin king Battle on clearance)

they had 8 Hobbit Goblin King Battles were still marked at $79. I asked a manager if he's discount them more if I bought them all and he lowered the price to $60.00 each.

I also picked up Turtles junior sets for $9.00.

I know a few locations with those turtle subs for $45. maybe they lowered the price, I'll have to check it out!

I'm so happy I got the 8 Goblin King battles for $60. I know they were $75-80 forever on amazon but Goblin King is one of the few Iconic villains from the literature we have. The minifigs are parting out for $75 so its a win win and I can use the bricks for terrain features on MOC's. its the only set with those particular type of cave goblins too.

good finds guys! it looks like the clearances are still steadily streaming in...
Nice finds. I regret not picking up a Goblin King set. You're right the minifigs will part out nicely and the pieces are excellent for terrain builds. I would even consider holding on to the minifigs for a bit. Their value will probably only increase as the Hobbit theme ends in the future. Even though I'm not a fan of Bigfigs the Goblin King is an interesting figure.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 pm

I checked back at the Richmond Ky location. All clearance items were missing from the LEGO aisle. The LEGO section had been reset with new items. A week ago there were several clearance sets mixed in the aisle. LEGO Movie Dropship was gone. Milano, LEGO Movie police set, and all TMNT sets gone except for the big TMNT movie Turtle Lair (still regular price). I checked several spots in the store for a temporary clearance set up but the only spot I found was near Dairy and it was clearance shoes only. No luck in or near the Garden Center either. The only spot I had any luck was in a small aisle in Toys full of random clearance items. There was a small Chima Battles sets (old one with 2x speedzors) and 2x Chima Ice Mammoth Stompers. They scanned for $45 each which is a good discount off retail but I passed on them. I'm not sure if the other clearance items that I saw previously were sold (discounted further or not) or if they were put in storage. They just disappeared quickly.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 am

In central Georgia this week I got a Benny's Spaceship for $49, Ninjago Earth Driller for $9, and a T Rawket Air Strike for $17. Still waiting on other TMNT to go lower and no luck with the Milano yet.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 am

What's the lowest price anyone's seen on the Bad Cop Chase? I thought I saw someone get it for $10 last week. Thanks!

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 am

I found a Bad Cop's Chase for $15 at a Walmart in Hillsborough, NC. They had the smaller Metalbeard set for $17.

Also, if anyone bought more than one Milano and would be willing to part with it, I'd happily pay for shipping. It's a long shot, but sometimes folks surprise you :)

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 am

I am with tensider. If anyone has a spare Milano, I would love to take it off your hands. The 2 I was eyeing disappeared once it hit 50% before I could get to the store. Sad panda! My local stores only have the TMNT stuff on clearance. I really don't want TMNT stuff.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 am

I bought a Milano for $40 and $35, and I need to pick up the $40 one soon or it gets canceled. But even if I do, it's $44 after tax and to ship it would cost so much that it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Really? It wouldn't fit into one of those flat rate USPS boxes?

Also: I hate my walmarts so much. Went to two stores at lunch. Both supposedly had Spaceship Spaceship in stock. At one store they at least walked around with me to look at the shelves, then called the other store to see if they had it in stock. When I got to the second store, the guy rearranging toys tried to tell me that he couldn't help me. When I forced the issue he said if it wasn't visible, it wasn't in stock. I went to customer service and they told me exactly the same thing. Not even an offer to walk to restock in the back. Such an attitude of "if it's not dead simple, it's not worth doing"

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Wow. I am so lucky. my Wal*Mart on Wards Road in VA completely restocked their Lego aisle with new March sets, and the old clearance sets were gone... except for one Benny's Spaceship on the end. I hoped against hope walking to the price scanner...

$12!!!!

It wasn't a tampered barcode, it really rung up for $12! I scanned for more, but that was the last of the clearance sets. Needless to say, I grabbed it and marched up to the checkout. How lucky I am.