Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
zoery380
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by zoery380 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Thought you guys might be interested to know that TRU will price match sets on clearance at specific Wally stores. I was searching around on the Wally app for sets on clearance near me and couldn't find anything in stock closer than 31 miles away. I decided to call TRU and ask if they would price match the $35 Joker Steamroller at a Wally about 30 miles away…the guy said yes. So, I drove 5 miles to my local TRU and am now happily sitting down to build my steamroller. :-D

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:27 pm

zoery380 wrote:Thought you guys might be interested to know that TRU will price match sets on clearance at specific Wally stores. I was searching around on the Wally app for sets on clearance near me and couldn't find anything in stock closer than 31 miles away. I decided to call TRU and ask if they would price match the $35 Joker Steamroller at a Wally about 30 miles away…the guy said yes. So, I drove 5 miles to my local TRU and am now happily sitting down to build my steamroller. :-D
I would assume this is YMMV, and the item you're trying to get the price match for must be in stock on the app at one of the stores at the price you want?

zoery380
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zoery380 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Batman wrote:
zoery380 wrote:Thought you guys might be interested to know that TRU will price match sets on clearance at specific Wally stores. I was searching around on the Wally app for sets on clearance near me and couldn't find anything in stock closer than 31 miles away. I decided to call TRU and ask if they would price match the $35 Joker Steamroller at a Wally about 30 miles away…the guy said yes. So, I drove 5 miles to my local TRU and am now happily sitting down to build my steamroller. :-D
I would assume this is YMMV, and the item you're trying to get the price match for must be in stock on the app at one of the stores at the price you want?

Yeah, the employee needed to see that the item was in stock in a nearby store (using the app) and I believe the Wally and TRU need to be in the same general vicinity (within 50 miles of each other or so), but I'm not sure.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:07 pm

disappointing finds today:

the walmart that had the sky rocket was sold out, all i found was an sticker signifying its existence.

they did have:

Ultra agents heist: $50.00 (was 69.97)
mammoth stomper $35.00 (was ?)
trash chomper and ice cream machine $21.00

took the only Lego movie sets

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:48 pm

zoery380 wrote:
Batman wrote:

Yeah, the employee needed to see that the item was in stock in a nearby store (using the app) and I believe the Wally and TRU need to be in the same general vicinity (within 50 miles of each other or so), but I'm not sure.
I attempted a price match today in Austin at a TRU, matching against a Walmart in San Antonio. ATX Walmarts were out of the Cargo Train, but the SATX Walmart's app claimed it was In Stock. At first, they said they would honor if they could confirm by phone it was in stock in SATX. Then, when they realized they couldn't dial long distance from any phones in the store, they changed policy and said they could only price match to ATX Walmarts.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:09 pm

minifigW wrote: this was in a single SoCal walmart, most other ones had them for $19-24 i think the reason they where marked down so much was simple overstock, good set though, parts out at $50
ah thanks for info!

Target.com USA has the best online prices for T-rawket and mutation chambers, with red card the savings its around 30% off.

I hit up 3 walmarts today in ohio/western PA with no luck on any turtles...

found plenty of other great sets such as city, star wars, ninjago, and superheroes but the clearance TMNT are all empty.. just some red stickers below an empty space and a banged up turtle sub or 2. (which are cheaper online)

the big rig trucks,t-rawkets,chambers, and turtle van's sold out pretty fast.

I did score 3 Barc with sidecars for $13, 1 banged up turtle van , and found 2 locations with a pallet of AT-TE's for only $40 and $49 each if anyone in the area is interested, AT-TE's for that price are nice. I just dont have the storage space left. also found about 2 dozen hobbit goblin king sets at same location in garden section for $79. but again, I have space for ToO and turtles but not Goblin king (even though the fellowship figs are great part out value)

thats in cranberry north pittsburgh for anyone interested in goblin king or at-te by the dozens, manager will probably work with you for the lot. in the garden section. easy money on the at-te's

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 am

Hit up both Walmarts that the app claimed to have the TMNT strike set in-stock. Nada.

craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by craan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:10 am

KrashX wrote:does anyone know walmarts mark-down schedule? is it on Wednesday?

I also wonder if there is a schedule (or day walmart typically does them)? My local walmart has like 8 of the Milano's still at $54 and like 8 of the Joker Steamroller for $35 and like 15 of the Bad Cop Pursuit at $21.

I want to see if they last til another round of markdowns...

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:19 am

Brickmythic wrote:
minifigW wrote: this was in a single SoCal walmart, most other ones had them for $19-24 i think the reason they where marked down so much was simple overstock, good set though, parts out at $50
ah thanks for info!

Target.com USA has the best online prices for T-rawket and mutation chambers, with red card the savings its around 30% off.

I hit up 3 walmarts today in ohio/western PA with no luck on any turtles...

found plenty of other great sets such as city, star wars, ninjago, and superheroes but the clearance TMNT are all empty.. just some red stickers below an empty space and a banged up turtle sub or 2. (which are cheaper online)

the big rig trucks,t-rawkets,chambers, and turtle van's sold out pretty fast.

I did score 3 Barc with sidecars for $13, 1 banged up turtle van , and found 2 locations with a pallet of AT-TE's for only $40 and $49 each if anyone in the area is interested, AT-TE's for that price are nice. I just dont have the storage space left. also found about 2 dozen hobbit goblin king sets at same location in garden section for $79. but again, I have space for ToO and turtles but not Goblin king (even though the fellowship figs are great part out value)

thats in cranberry north pittsburgh for anyone interested in goblin king or at-te by the dozens, manager will probably work with you for the lot. in the garden section. easy money on the at-te's

what location had the AT-TEs????? man, what a steal!

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:23 am

forgot to say yesterday i did also find some other stuff:

Life of gorge 7.00 (was 29.97)
turtle sub 30.00 (was 59.97)

took gorge because it was a 2011 set, not sure if i should keep it though, ideas?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:59 pm

craan wrote:

I also wonder if there is a schedule (or day walmart typically does them)? My local walmart has like 8 of the Milano's still at $54 and like 8 of the Joker Steamroller for $35 and like 15 of the Bad Cop Pursuit at $21.

its varies from manager to manager. egenerally they get a planogram and basic skeleton with a certain amount of dollars avaialable to clearance with suggested markdowns and a set endcap or shelf planogram.

When new product is scheduled to come in or at the turn of every quarter is when you see markdowns.

the best thing to do is check the red sticker, it will show the week/date of last markdown. the more recent the date the longer it will take.

Look for new markdowns in March and April when the new Ninjgo and superheroes start taking up space, then when Scooby doo and august sets are about to hit the shelves or during the release time thats when Walmart managers typically mark down again.

also if the date is old for instancethe clearance predates christmas and it still didnt sell in clearance garden section the manager will likely work with you and drop another 10-25% so don't be afraid to ask.

Ask politely to speak with a manager. be kind, look him in the eye and shake his hand, introduce yourself and mention that you'll drop a grand on thoe at-te's and hobbits in the garden section if you can get another 25% off.

2 times the manager actually said he'd take 50% off!!!

most of the times Ive been rejected and get the whole "we only have so many dollars" but once I point out the clearance sticker's date they cave in almost all the time.

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Brickmythic wrote:
craan wrote:

its varies from manager to manager. egenerally they get a planogram and basic skeleton with a certain amount of dollars avaialable to clearance with suggested markdowns and a set endcap or shelf planogram.

When new product is scheduled to come in or at the turn of every quarter is when you see markdowns.

the best thing to do is check the red sticker, it will show the week/date of last markdown. the more recent the date the longer it will take.

Look for new markdowns in March and April when the new Ninjgo and superheroes start taking up space, then when Scooby doo and august sets are about to hit the shelves or during the release time thats when Walmart managers typically mark down again.

also if the date is old for instancethe clearance predates christmas and it still didnt sell in clearance garden section the manager will likely work with you and drop another 10-25% so don't be afraid to ask.

Ask politely to speak with a manager. be kind, look him in the eye and shake his hand, introduce yourself and mention that you'll drop a grand on thoe at-te's and hobbits in the garden section if you can get another 25% off.

2 times the manager actually said he'd take 50% off!!!

most of the times Ive been rejected and get the whole "we only have so many dollars" but once I point out the clearance sticker's date they cave in almost all the time.
What if I don't want to spend $1,000 on at-te's & hobbit sets & only want one?

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 am

I was finally able to hit up some out of the way stores, but only found stuff at 30% off. It was mostly stuff already mentioned here. I did pick up the Milano for $54 just in case I missed the next round of clearance.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:34 pm

The only clearance LEGO I saw worth mentioning was the Heartlake Shopping Mall for $54.00 (51% off)

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Battle of Smallville $25.00 50% off

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:The only clearance LEGO I saw worth mentioning was the Heartlake Shopping Mall for $54.00 (51% off)
The only Walmart I like had it for $40 but it's OOS. :cry:

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:58 am

I take back everything bad I have ever said about my Walmart

Mutation chamber unleashed: $10.00 (was 24.97)
Spyrens caverns $11.00 (was 39.97)
Some little duplo thing $4.50 (was 14.97)

I returned all of the mutation chambers I got for 15 and cleared em out of the 10 ones, also bought the chima...

Good day!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:02 pm

I ordered a Movie Castle Cavalry for $15 that was canceled. I also ordered a $9 Ninjago Kai Fighter from another store, and a $5 (Yes $5) LEGO Chima Flying Phoenix Fire Temple from a third store. I expect them all to be canceled, but nothing lose, nothing gained.

Joshroadifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joshroadifer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

70012 Chima Razar CHI Raider was marked down to $11 today. That works out to 2.7 cents a piece. I could not resist that cheap of LEGO and bought 9 of them! Shelf price was $19. It is nice to see my Walmart take additional mark downs. Before this year they haven't done so in ages.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm still trying to find a cheap Milano. My closest store had 3 marked down to $54. Today they only have 2... Hoping the price will drop but I doubt it. Maybe I'll get lucky and find it cheap much later from Amazon or elsewhere