Target Winter/Spring clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Neo
Knight
Knight

Re: Target winter clearance

Post by Neo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Lego 42021 Snowmobile 13.95 ...

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Neo wrote:Lego 42021 Snowmobile 13.95 ...
If you find these at walmart they should be 5.00

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:58 am

I checked my local last night. They got cleaned out. There are maybe six random sets left on an endcap.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:41 pm

The only further markdown I saw today was the XMen Sentinel went from 15% off to 30% off. I caved and bought it though even at that price its overpriced.
All of the Joker Steamrollers, which there had been at least 20 per store still at 50% off, are gone. They must have done an off-day markdown, and if that becomes a habit at Target it's going to wreck the best part of shopping there, which is the regularity of markdown day meaning I don't have to stop in every day of the week or play a guessing game like Walmart.
Either that or, like with NInjago City, something fishy is going on.
Ninjago X1 Charger went back to full price, weirdly enough.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:The only further markdown I saw today was the XMen Sentinel went from 15% off to 30% off. I caved and bought it though even at that price its overpriced.
All of the Joker Steamrollers, which there had been at least 20 per store still at 50% off, are gone. They must have done an off-day markdown, and if that becomes a habit at Target it's going to wreck the best part of shopping there, which is the regularity of markdown day meaning I don't have to stop in every day of the week or play a guessing game like Walmart.
Either that or, like with NInjago City, something fishy is going on.
Ninjago X1 Charger went back to full price, weirdly enough.
I'm thinking that maybe LEGO Marvel has an agreement that says their products can't be reduced more than 50% or something. I find it weird that only the Joker set disappeared and the rumors that stores were told not to mark down more than 50% of that one set.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Another weird thing that happened is I did a return and the clerk cut open the box seals, which were pristine.
I warned her that no one was going to buy a retaped box but she said they are now required to do it for every returned LEGO set, and that "it won't go back on the shelf anyway." Ironically, all she did was glance into the box for 0.1 seconds which in no way would have enabled her to spot the kind of set pillaging that I most often see, which is random other bags of lego, or MB, or whatever, stuffed inside. Why have the employees open it if they aren't going to check properly?
All kinds of weirdness happening with LEGO at Target right now. I hope this Walmartification doesn't continue.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:50 pm

At my local today they were clearing out the endcap of 30+ Joker Steamrollers that were 50% to make way for some new sets. I asked the only dept worker there what they were doing with them and she was told to bring them all in the back to be retagged for clearance. They had also removed any of the clearance Agents & Technic sets that I had seen 2 days before, the Spideycopter set was still on the floor at 30% at this time.

She was nice enough to pull a Agents Infearno Interception for me from the back after I described it to her, and I grabbed another Joker Steamroller just in case that was the last I saw of them. The Infearno set was $20.98 and Steamroller was $24.98.

After what others have reported hearing and seeing from their stores, I don't expect to see those Steamroller sets again.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:30 am

There were still a bunch of steamrollers the past couple of days when I went on a business trip. I think the ones near me got cleaned out by a reseller. Besides the Steamroller and Dropship from last week I think the only things to get marked down to 50% were the larger UA sets, some Technics and YMMV Ninjago City. The only thing I saw marked down 70% was the Flinx Flyer at one location.

911diecast
Citizen
Citizen

Post by 911diecast » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:37 pm

SO....i head into my local to see if they have lowered the Crook Pursuit to 50% off, as I was in the mood to buy a few.

Go back to see all of the Joker Steamrollers to be completely gone but the crook pursuit was still there, with a sign stating 50% OFF.

But the box shows $4.88-----30% off. Take the picture up to the checkout with 10 of the crook pursuits. Informed the checkout clerk that it was marked on the box 30% off and the sign stated 50% off. What does she do???????????

She sells them to be for $2.44 each. Boy was I happy.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 pm

911diecast wrote:SO....i head into my local to see if they have lowered the Crook Pursuit to 50% off, as I was in the mood to buy a few.

Go back to see all of the Joker Steamrollers to be completely gone but the crook pursuit was still there, with a sign stating 50% OFF.

But the box shows $4.88-----30% off. Take the picture up to the checkout with 10 of the crook pursuits. Informed the checkout clerk that it was marked on the box 30% off and the sign stated 50% off. What does she do???????????

She sells them to be for $2.44 each. Boy was I happy.

Boy you hit the jack pot! I bit on 10 of them at 4.88 because I doubt they will survive another markdown, nice little set, good peices even at that price!

911diecast
Citizen
Citizen

Post by 911diecast » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Thinking about go back tomorrow and getting the last 6.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm

All you guys complaining about nothing reaching 70%. Endcaps here in Sacramento have been piled full of 15% to 30% off for WEEKS! I'd love to find anything at 50% off.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:34 pm

I think that Target may have changed their markdown strategy for toys. They don't seem to clearance the toys below 50% here any longer.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Saw a bunch of the X-Men set marked 15% off but showing as 30% off at the scanner yesterday. Hoping they'll linger on the shelf until the 50% round.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:04 am

ninjagoyo wrote:Another weird thing that happened is I did a return and the clerk cut open the box seals, which were pristine.
I warned her that no one was going to buy a retaped box but she said they are now required to do it for every returned LEGO set, and that "it won't go back on the shelf anyway." Ironically, all she did was glance into the box for 0.1 seconds which in no way would have enabled her to spot the kind of set pillaging that I most often see, which is random other bags of lego, or MB, or whatever, stuffed inside. Why have the employees open it if they aren't going to check properly?
All kinds of weirdness happening with LEGO at Target right now. I hope this Walmartification doesn't continue.
I bought several TMNT T-Rawket this week and one of them felt weird. The box was a little beat up but the tape looked intact. I opened it and it was filled with empty lotion bottles. Now I have to go back and closely check every single set I've bought.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:11 am

empty lotion bottles?? now that's a first!! sounds like a crack head thing to do..

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:12 am

bobl wrote:I think that Target may have changed their markdown strategy for toys. They don't seem to clearance the toys below 50% here any longer.
agreed. i think they go to salvage shortly after hitting 50% off. I'm not certain but seems to be the case.

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Massachusetts sucks. All the Targets and Walmarts I've been to are only up to 30% off. Still a bunch of sets left...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:59 pm

sgogeta4 wrote:Massachusetts sucks. All the Targets and Walmarts I've been to are only up to 30% off. Still a bunch of sets left...
Do you live in the Western or Boston area?

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:52 am

If they stopped going to 70, it's very recent, because I picked up some 70% off stuff just a couple of months ago.