Target Winter/Spring clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
steveokur
I'm New !

Re: Target winter clearance

Post by steveokur » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Founf two Bad Cop's Pursuits for $9 each, which is 70% off

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:19 pm

It looks like most of the Targets in this area never went to 70% off this time around. I went by some stores and they were all going to surplus. Not that there was much Lego left anyway. I did find one City Monster truck transporter that they gave to me for $7.56 and a Lego movie Trash Chomper for $8.98 - nice!!
There was still a few Chima and Ninjago sets here and there, but all still at 50% off.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Patience does payoff sometimes, I have been watching two SW MHC 75013 that kept scanning 24.98 as of this past Thursday, went back today and scanned one "item not found" so after a few mins at CS and lots of typing on the associates part, she slapped a $12.51 price tag on the UPC, needless to say I went back and got the 2nd set and checked out a happy camper :-D .

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:55 pm

You were lucky man.
I found a SW 75042 Droid Gunship with the same "Item not found" took it to CS and the manager on duty told me that the price was coming as $0. She told me "I can't sell it to you it needs to go back to the vendor" I tried my best to sweet talk to her into finding the last price that was showing, but she would not flinch.
She was very firm even said "I will take that now thanks" I was not in the mood to fight for a toy.
Besides I did not want to paint myself a big red target on my back. It's the store that I visit the most and I had gotten sweet deals there. No need for drama. :cool:

There will be other battles to win....

So most Lego items will be sent back unless you have a nice manager on duty.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 am

found a chima legend beast and a lone fire truck siting on the shelf, scanned item not found so the cashier gave em to me for 70% off retail.

ilg2016
I'm New !

Post by ilg2016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:50 pm

MrVEP wrote:You were lucky man.
I found a SW 75042 Droid Gunship with the same "Item not found" took it to CS and the manager on duty told me that the price was coming as $0. She told me "I can't sell it to you it needs to go back to the vendor" I tried my best to sweet talk to her into finding the last price that was showing, but she would not flinch.
She was very firm even said "I will take that now thanks" I was not in the mood to fight for a toy.
Besides I did not want to paint myself a big red target on my back. It's the store that I visit the most and I had gotten sweet deals there. No need for drama. :cool:

There will be other battles to win....

So most Lego items will be sent back unless you have a nice manager on duty.

The same thing happened with me, but with a Jabba Sail Barge, and a Coast Guard ship. :shock:

craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by craan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 am

I swung by my Target for a final Winter Sweep. Found some random Lego Chima that was marked at 30% off. Tried a scanner and item was not found.

Found a worker in the Toy area, and she explained they were salvaged but because it was on the shelf they would sell it to me for 70% off. (regular price 39.99) Figured i would buy it just for some random bricks for the kids at that price.

Took it up Customer Service desk and she scanned it and said since it was last priced at 50% off in their store, that she would not price it at 70%. :) Kind of a bummer, but it was a Chima, so I passed.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Looks like Goodwill is going to be loaded up with Chima this year.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Got a microfighter for 2.98

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:21 am

craan wrote:I swung by my Target for a final Winter Sweep. Found some random Lego Chima that was marked at 30% off. Tried a scanner and item was not found.

Found a worker in the Toy area, and she explained they were salvaged but because it was on the shelf they would sell it to me for 70% off. (regular price 39.99) Figured i would buy it just for some random bricks for the kids at that price.

Took it up Customer Service desk and she scanned it and said since it was last priced at 50% off in their store, that she would not price it at 70%. :) Kind of a bummer, but it was a Chima, so I passed.
Yeah, it looks like they stopped marking down Lego sets past 50% off except for polys. I miss the days of getting $100 sets for $25 when they used to mark stuff down to 75% off.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 pm

All good things must come to an end.
*sigh* Those were great days.

Now to wait for the time when they don't even go down to 50% and stay at 30%.
Enjoy now because the future is unknown.

Unrelated to Lego.
I found 4 packs of Nerf suction darts (30 count) for $2.98 each.
My son and I will have a blast fighting each other... :-)

Umbra-Manis
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Umbra-Manis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Went to my closest target today and I found a Surge and Rocka Combat Machine that wasn't in the system. Took it to customer service and they gave it to me for $12. Great minifig helmets!
Nothing else left though, it seems they decided to stock most of the shelves with all the Ultra Agents from last year they never put out until now.

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 am

condor wrote:
Yeah, it looks like they stopped marking down Lego sets past 50% off except for polys. I miss the days of getting $100 sets for $25 when they used to mark stuff down to 75% off.
I remember those days fondly! I hit on a strategy YEARS ago that was fool proof; shop in economically depressed areas. I live in metro Detroit. There were tow Targets right on the border of the city in low income areas. I could hit both stores twice a year at clearance time. I'd spend between $200-$300 each time on nearly $1000 worth of LEGO. I think I got 20+ of the original Slave 1 for $5 each. Those alone fueled my future purchases for years.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:21 pm

I miss the 75% off days too. But I got a bit lucky today. found a Bad Cop's Pursuit (if that's the name of the $30 set with Emmett and Bad Cop) and it came up as 'item not found'. I took it to the register... they gave it to me for $9.48. Nice to score one deal. :)

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:17 am

Its #allthebags day guys, seasonal polys should be 50% off.

Elkkthunder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elkkthunder » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:27 am

Anyone have the dpci on the 2 valentine sets

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:19 am

minifigW wrote:Its #allthebags day guys, seasonal polys should be 50% off.
The two stores I visited were already cleared out before Saturday.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 pm

managed to grab 60 in one target, that concludes my day

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 am

What were the polys this year? I went to a couple of stores, but found nothing.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:03 am

condor wrote:What were the polys this year? I went to a couple of stores, but found nothing.
30311 Police Swamp Helicopter and 30202 Friends Smoothie Cart.