[USA] Amazon lightning deals 12/10

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[USA] Amazon lightning deals 12/10

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 am

Today there are two LEGO sets in the lightning deals section at amazon: LEGO Technic 42024 Container Truck and The Hobbit Dol Guldur Ambush 79011. In the past, LEGO sets in the lightning deals have sold out very fast. But both of these lightning deals are prime early access so anyone with prime membership will be able to get this deal a few minutes before non prime members.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: [USA] Amazon lightning deals 12/10

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:54 am

So anyone with Prime should be able to watch the sets sell out right away, but minutes faster than everyone else! :lol:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Curious what the price is for the lightning deal on the Hobbit set. Its $15.99 now and the lighting deal stars for me (not a prime member) at 8:30pm

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Probably $15 (Which the set was last year at Toys R Us.). Amazon this year has been lacking badly.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:02 pm

$12.99 and already 60% claimed as of 8:03 eastern time (3 minutes into prime member deal avail)

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:37 pm

That's not even that great of a price…

Steve

Umbra-Manis
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Umbra-Manis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Got one!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Athos wrote:That's not even that great of a price…

Steve
I agree that its not a GREAT price worthy of lightning deal but I wanted one. Although it occasionally increases to retail price of 19.99 it has been $15 most of the time on Amazon for a long time now.

I wanted 1x even at $15 and I was able to get one at the lightning offer price (it was 100% claimed but I was able to put myself on wait list and got one)

I hate that most of the orc minifigures released in sets don't have hairpieces (or ears). This is one of the few sets that actually has hairpieces for this particular color orc. Been needing to get one at a good price for sometime now.
Last edited by StClair on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Umbra-Manis wrote:Got one!
:-D

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 am

They were only allowing 1 per customer. Passed because of that.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm

kibosh wrote:They were only allowing 1 per customer. Passed because of that.
How many were you hoping to get? Amazon has lots of purchase limits on items and its always strictly one with Lightening Deals. They restricted the Uruk-hai Army between 2-5 at any time depending on how good the price was. I had to accumulate them over a long period of time because they wouldn't let you re-order over the imposed limit for 30 days it seemed. Right now you can only get two Black Gates.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:09 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
kibosh wrote:They were only allowing 1 per customer. Passed because of that.
How many were you hoping to get? Amazon has lots of purchase limits on items and its always strictly one with Lightening Deals. They restricted the Uruk-hai Army between 2-5 at any time depending on how good the price was. I had to accumulate them over a long period of time because they wouldn't let you re-order over the imposed limit for 30 days it seemed. Right now you can only get two Black Gates.
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the uruk-hai army sets while they were still in production. The uruk-hai may be my favorite villain/henchmen in the Hobbit/Lotr. The uruk-hai had good torso printing and cool helmets (plus interesting shields). I totally overlooked the Rohan soldier. What an interesting helmet and great torso printing for Castle Mocs. Totally missed out on him. I did purchase one Uruk-hai and Eomer for my collection but looking back I should have purchased 2x of the complete sets before they were retired.

This was my first experience with Lightning deals. My complaint is that one is quickly scrambling to make the purchase and if the item is less than $35 one has to pay for shipping unless they have carefully thought out the purchase beforehand and have another item to quickly add to the cart to put it over the $35 threshold. In this case increasing the limit to quantity of 2 would not have put it over the $35 threshold (but 3 would have).

I'm actually somewhat happy that they limited it to one. Even thought its not an incredibly great price i would not have been able to get one if there was no limit

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm

StClair wrote:This was my first experience with Lightning deals. My complaint is that one is quickly scrambling to make the purchase and if the item is less than $35 one has to pay for shipping unless they have carefully thought out the purchase beforehand and have another item to quickly add to the cart to put it over the $35 threshold.
I've never done a lightning deal, but can you not simply front-load your cart with other items ahead of time? Do you only get the deal if it's the first thing in your cart?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:42 pm

vynsane wrote:
StClair wrote:This was my first experience with Lightning deals. My complaint is that one is quickly scrambling to make the purchase and if the item is less than $35 one has to pay for shipping unless they have carefully thought out the purchase beforehand and have another item to quickly add to the cart to put it over the $35 threshold.
I've never done a lightning deal, but can you not simply front-load your cart with other items ahead of time? Do you only get the deal if it's the first thing in your cart?
No you are correct. Your strategy works. I just hate buying more than one item sometimes to get one item at a bargain and receive free shipping. I shouldn't be complaining.. getting LEGO below retail is always a good thing :)

And for me I didn't know that it was limit one until suddenly it was available for me. Luckily I had some things ready to add to my cart.