Meijer BOGO 40% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Meijer BOGO 40% off

Post by ncbarrett » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:40 am

on LEGO Movie, Chima 7 TMNT sets
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Meijer BOGO 40% off

Post by StClair » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:45 am

ncbarrett wrote:on LEGO Movie, Chima 7 TMNT sets
Thanks. I hadn't noticed that yet.

Also there is an Mperks coupon that maybe be stackable with this: $8 OFF your shopping trip
after you spend $55 or more in Toys

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:07 am

StClair wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:on LEGO Movie, Chima 7 TMNT sets
Thanks. I hadn't noticed that yet.

Also there is an Mperks coupon that maybe be stackable with this: $8 OFF your shopping trip
after you spend $55 or more in Toys
You may want to check Amazon prices before you go though. IF this includes sets such as the Movie Ice Cream Truck and Garbage Truck you can usually get them for about $24 each from Amazon which is the same price as buying one of each of these from Meijer's with the BOGO 40% off. Not a big deal unless you are buying the 2nd set just to get the discount. For some Movie sets this may be a better deal than Amazon (Metalbeard is usually only discounted to about $31 on Amazon) and with the $8 off a Toy purchase of $55 it may be a better deal than Amazon (depending upon which sets you purchase).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:14 am

I also noticed on their online weekly ads: buy one, get one of equal or lesser value 50% off* of the "Novelty" bin. The ad only lists Transformers and My Little Pony but they are clearly the small little bags (My Little Pony blind bags and Transformers not blind.. see through bags) which makes me wonder if the LEGO CMF also are BOGO 50% off? If so that would make them $3 each.

This is on page 6 of my local advertisement

mattdiss
I'm New !

Post by mattdiss » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:05 am

The Meijer near me (Mishawaka, IN) had posted signs that expanded which lines were part of the BOGO40 sale. In addition to what the ad said, they also included Hobbit, City, and Superhero sets.

Among the stocking stuffers, Anakin's starfighter polybag was marked down from $4 to $3, and Mixels from $5 to $4.

The CMF did indeed ring up at with the BOGO50.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 am

So sad I don't have a Meijer near me. :sad:
I need this sale in my local Target!
You guys are lucky.

Hoping that Target will do better with Lego deals before Christmas.
I'm afraid that the Lego Movie sets I still have to buy will not survived past the 25th.
Plus Lego corporate having demand/supply issues, I'm starting to get concern.

Last night I was at my local TRU with the family, the Lego aisles are starting to look empty.
I saw open spots!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 pm

I was expecting to get BOGO 40% off plus $8 off toy purchase of $55 or more (personalized rewards.. "rewards" to clip under mperks) plus $10 off santa bucks. I purchased 2x of the Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies ($59.99 retail each). I paid $75.98 plus tax for 2x of them. I received 40% off one ($96 for both with 40% off) and then the cashier applied a $10 off santa buck to BOTH sets so that was $20 off. Before taxes I paid $38 for each :-D I really don't think they were supposed to apply 2x coupons in the same transaction so this may not work for everyone.

I saw several of the city Advent calendar (but no Friends or Star Wars advent) at my local Meijers. The City Advent Calendar was not marked with BOGO 40% tag but there is a possibility that it may work.

The X-men vs Sentinel set can be purchased cheaper than retail online at Target and Amazon so I didn't try that one. Also though my Meijers had the Hulk Smash set marked down to about $43 (regular retail $49.99). I was tempted to buy 2x of those instead since it too is part of the BOGO 40% deal.

The LEGO Movie sets are part of the BOGO 40% off (as others have already mentioned. Here are some of the sets that were present on the shelves at my local Meijer's with prices (I'm sure prices may vary by store)
Cloud Cuckoo Land $19.99 (same as retail)
Bad Cops Pursuit about $24 (retail $29.99 and can be purchased for about $25 on Amazon currently)
Trash Chomper about $24 (retail $29.99 and can be purchased for about $25 on Amazon currently)
Ice Cream Machine $32 (although retail is $29.99..?) and can be purchased for about $25 on Amazon currently)
MetalBeards Duel $34.99 (same as retail) and can be purchased at Amazon for about $31 currently
Emmets Construct-o-Mech Didn't notice price on shelf (retail is $59.99)
Super Cycle Chase $49.99 (same as retail and can be purchased on Amazon for about $45 currently)
Super Secret Police Dropship didnt notice shelf price (retail is $79.99)

I would have probably been tempted to purchase the Milano Spaceship Rescue (Guardians of the Galaxy... retail $74.99) but my Meijers doesn't stock it. Also it would have been a great opportunity to purchase Mos Eisley Cantina (retail $69.99) but I don't think Star Wars is included in BOGO 40% off AND it wasn't in stock.

My store had a heaping shelf full of LEGO CMF. Forum member mattdis reported that they were BOGO 50% off. I didn't try it.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Santa Bucks coupons are Wednesday - Thursday

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 am

I can confirm the double Santa Bucks usage. I too got two Battle of Five Armies for $80.54 out the door. My receipt shows $24 off for BOGO and 2x$10 off. I used the self scan so it's not a matter of anyone doing anything wrong.