[CAN/US] vip invitation for Nov 22

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN/US] vip invitation for Nov 22

Post by mattlee1965 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 am

atmail35 wrote:Anyone in the US get an invitation? It is in 4 days and I haven't seen much info. What is the color of the invite? What is the postmark? I've gone the past few years, but haven't heard anything yet so I'm curious.
I haven't received it. Maybe it is only for Canada.

brickjunky
I'm New !

Post by brickjunky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:32 am

I received an invitation to the VIP. Hopefully we get a better discount than last year.
My invitation says from 9:00-10:00 am. Must be different for the US. It's a fun experience for my son who's 6, makes him feel like VIP.(and a good excuse to buy a new set).

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 am

If you look at your invitation, there's a number over your name. That's your ranking as a purchaser for that store. My number is 26, so this store clearly is doing more than the top 25 customers! :) Also, the hours for the LEGO Special Event at my local store (King of Prussia) are thankfully 9-10am, not 8-9am as others are reporting.

joerocco
I'm New !

Post by joerocco » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:35 am

Didn't get an invite this year - been to 2 others in the past though. Problem with holding the sale this late in the year is that by now I've picked up all I want of the 2014 releases. Now maybe if they gave us a crack at the early 2015 stuff (New Modular, Slave I, etc) it'd be more exciting.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:52 am

atmail35 wrote:Anyone in the US get an invitation? It is in 4 days and I haven't seen much info. What is the color of the invite? What is the postmark? I've gone the past few years, but haven't heard anything yet so I'm curious.
We received ours about a week ago. The deadline for the RSVP was last Saturday. The invite is Yellow...not sure what color the envelope was.

King

merchant
I'm New !

Post by merchant » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 am

ricefields wrote:I received my invite finally (it is the first time I was invited). And this is for Canada but should be the same for US.

For the vip invitee, the following will be available based on speaking with a lego store csr.

They will be offering the 2 of 2 Christmas set when spending $99
they will provide free gift
They will have sales
They will have 2x vip ( :( :sad: was hoping for 3x vip)
you are allowed to invite one guest
maximum 5 quantities of the same item
for Christmas exclusives, only one per customer - already got my santa workshop in the first 2xvip promotion though
$5000 maximum that you can spend before taxes
have to show up at your designated store between 800-900am on Nov 22
Do the double vip points apply to online purchases as well or just in store.

Thanks for the update

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 am

This event is in store only so I would assume the promo only applies in store during the event.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:20 pm

King wrote:This event is in store only so I would assume the promo only applies in store during the event.
Last year they held the 3xVIP point promo on the same day as the in-store event, so it's likely that this Saturday will be 2xVIP points online as well as in-store.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm

If you didn't get your invite by now then you most likely will not be getting one, as you had to RSVP by Nov 15 for the event

omalak
Citizen
Citizen

Post by omalak » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:16 pm

i just moved. and likely lost my invite in the mail :(

i spent over 6000 this year at my lego store lol

I'm New !

Post by 1265 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:48 pm

The amount of money spent throughout the year surely doesn't mean much. I known someone who didn't spend a dime during the year at the store he received an invite. However, he did a couple of small purchases online and had previously spent at the store. Maybe, they're looking to get him back to spending more.

It only makes sense to target the occasional shopper since those who spend-and-spend will continue to do so regardless of receiving an invite.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

vynsane wrote:
King wrote:This event is in store only so I would assume the promo only applies in store during the event.
Last year they held the 3xVIP point promo on the same day as the in-store event, so it's likely that this Saturday will be 2xVIP points online as well as in-store.
Perhaps, but that information is not on the invite. It says nothing about applying to online purchases.

King

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I went to the lego store today and saw that they were filling bricks in a small cup (the same cup that you get for the brick wall). I asked the lady about that and she said that they are giving them for free on black friday for the first people that make a purchase in limited quantities. It comes with instructions. I wasn't able to get close enough to see the instructions that they were putting inside the small pick a brick box, but at a glance it looked like a toy soldier. So, they filled small pick a brick cups with legos that can be used to make a christmas model that could be a toy soldier, that is the free gift for black friday and maybe also for the vip invitation event.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am

Any chance if I show up during regular store hours tomorrow I can still get 2x VIP points?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 am

King wrote:Perhaps, but that information is not on the invite. It says nothing about applying to online purchases.
The S@H site and LEGO Stores are two distinct business units within the company, so generally speaking there doesn't seem to be a lot or reciprocity between them in terms of information sharing. For instance, you can't check local store availability of an item from the S@H website. Oftentimes the same promo might be running at both, but the stores will promote it via the Store Calendar and the online store will promote it via email.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:48 pm

so if I show up later in the day tomorrow in store, there won't be any specials?

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:30 am

Very meh event.

2X VIP as mentioned.
Free Calendar with $75
Free Ice Skate Holiday 2 of 2 set with $99
Free 40093 Snowman with any purchase.
Free small train ornament in a little red bag. (26 pieces, that small)

Can't remember the min. purchase for the last two freebies but I think there was none or very small requirement.

No additional sales other than the Ninjago Mech Dragon that's been on "sale" at S@H forever.

And the name sheet the guy at the door was going through had at least 40-50 names on it and these were the people who had RSVP so obviously the list they mailed out is a heck of a lot more than 25 etc. rumor that people mention here. Again, also I'd never ever shopped at this store before so although the store manager might have some say in to who gets the invite, am pretty sure the VIP program team organizes these events from the Head Office and pick at least some of the customers for these events.
Last edited by payam81 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:33 am

Yes, confirming a meh event. The employee I talked to this morning at my Orlando store said that they have zero say in who gets invited. They get the list from the head office or whatever, and that's it. He also said the turn out was bad. But if they are doing the same thing for all VIPs all day (minus the free Snowman and ornament) why should someone bother to go? I dropped 2 grand on exclusives because they don't go on sale and all. But then the cashier told me they give an extra 10% off for annual pass holders! I don't like Disney much, but I'll probably have to do just to get the discount. So for double vip points (unless they cut it next year - wouldn't be surprised) I would get close to 20% off! Wow.

joelones
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by joelones » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:20 am

Got a bag with the followng without purchase:
1) Sheet of LEGO branded wrapping papper
2) Small train ornamen
3) Set 40091 Thanksgiving Turkey
Quite disappointed with the event. I guess I expected more given the nature of the event, passed years freebies, and amount I spent this last year. Also, no in store specials whatsoever.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Yeah today's wasn't anything to write home about, last years much better.

My son is loving the snowman at least, saved me from buying a PAB cup of stairs.