B&N - Not %20 off LEGO coupon

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
DarthMC
Peasant
Peasant

B&N - Not %20 off LEGO coupon

Post by DarthMC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Just a warning for B&N members...

I was very happy to get my 2 B&N member coupons for %20 off one item in the mail today but it looks like all good things must come to an end. On the back of the coupon in the exclusions section, Mindstorms and R2D2 are usually not included but this coupon simply states "all LEGO in the toys and games department" are not eligible. This is the first time I have seen this and wonder if they lost a lot on LEGOs during the unlimited %20 your entire order sale last month. If this continues it looks like I may not be renewing my membership next year.

DarthMC

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: B&N - Not %20 off LEGO coupon

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 am

Yes. ToysRUs too excluded all LEGO on their 20% off coupon, which I thought was a first.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 pm

I hope this doesn't become the "official" practice from all mayor retailers before Christmas. I kind of expected it from TRU, they are special*, and by that I mean another word that I can't say here.
But I remember last year, around this time, at least one of the mayor retailer had a Lego BOGO going on.

I also notice that I can't find a single Lego at Marshall, TJ Max or Ross, not even a poly! I used to see them there specially after a big clearance event.

I'm expecting to see a BOGO on November or early December.
I wonder which mayor retailer will break the ice?

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:34 pm

DarthMC wrote:Just a warning for B&N members...

I was very happy to get my 2 B&N member coupons for %20 off one item in the mail today but it looks like all good things must come to an end. On the back of the coupon in the exclusions section, Mindstorms and R2D2 are usually not included but this coupon simply states "all LEGO in the toys and games department" are not eligible. This is the first time I have seen this and wonder if they lost a lot on LEGOs during the unlimited %20 your entire order sale last month. If this continues it looks like I may not be renewing my membership next year.

DarthMC
Drats! :sad:

demlow
I'm New !

Post by demlow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 pm

MrVEP wrote:I hope this doesn't become the "official" practice from all mayor retailers before Christmas.
Target is doing something similar. Their Christmas toy catalog has coupons for "25% off Toy Department item" and "Free $10 gift card with Toy Dept purchase of $50" but both explicitly exclude Lego in the fine print.