2015 Bricktober USA at ToysRUs: Week 1 Sales & Promotions

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2015 Bricktober USA at ToysRUs: Week 1 Sales & Promotions

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:47 pm

This week from October 5-11, Toys R Us America will be offering the Mini Modular LEGO Bricktober Theater Building set with purchases of $75 or more. Valid in-stores only.

Unfortunately, like Toys R Us Canada, they don't have any other sales which is quite disappointing. However, they do have a free building event coming up. On Saturday, October 11 from 12-2pm, you can build a free LEGO Star Wars Mini Rebel Ghost ship.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2015-bricktober- ... romotions/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2015 Bricktober USA at ToysRUs: Week 1 Sales & Promotion

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 am

I wonder why most of the promotion pictures are not showing the vehicles. Probably just too much clutter. I wish they offered it online. My nearest locations are not convenient.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:09 am

Their MSRPs are lower than Canada, so that is a small discount for those that can shop down in the states.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am

Saturday October 18 12-2pm take home a Free Batman Signal

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... Id=4311963

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:25 pm

I already got the Bricktober theater, I'm planning on getting all 4 sets. Not sure if I'll be able to get the cool batman sign but I'll try...
VENI VIDI VICI

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Are these mini modular Bricktober sets still available for $19.99? I'm not sure I can justify spending tons of money to get the free sets. However, 'I'm not sure I can justify spending $80 on the four mini Bricktober sets...

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:48 pm

jmeninno wrote:Are these mini modular Bricktober sets still available for $19.99? I'm not sure I can justify spending tons of money to get the free sets. However, 'I'm not sure I can justify spending $80 on the four mini Bricktober sets...
At my local TRU I saw roughly 3 dozen at their service counter. You have to remember they are trying to only give you these if you buy $75 worth of other LEGO. It is not policy for them to sell it outside the promotion unless the promotion ends. I tried to price match an Architecture set and it removed the promo discount. So only price match if the difference is more than $20. Mine was only $10 so the total was $10 extra. The official policy (right on the flyer) is that there is only one 2014 Bricktober promo per customer per week.

In the aftermarket, people are paying $30+ already. It might be international demand or the inability to buy them at retail. TRU had left over magnets and classic figure sets from some prior years/weeks which had some YMMV availability. I would not count on it if you need to have the set. From my perspective, there has never been a better Bricktober promotion even though nothing is on sale. They found the biggest hoop for me that I'm willing to jump through for mini-modulars.

I built the theater today and it is cute. These sets are great for people are into the mini-modulars, but if don't have the enthusiasm for this line, it should be a pass.

cinrose
I'm New !

Post by cinrose » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:53 am

I had no problem purchasing a bricktober set by itself. I went to the service desk and asked if I could buy one. The young woman called her mgr. and was told "as long as there is a UPC # and it rings up, we can sell it" I paid $20 for it, but at least I didn't have to spend an additional $55 to get it for "free".

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 am

When I received my Rewards certificate in the mail a few days ago (which I don't understand - I thought they were moving over to electronic certificates only?), there was also a coupon for a free LEGO jack-o-lantern polybag (which they are selling in the store for $5.99) with $20 LEGO purchase. I was able to get both the polybag and theatre with the same purchase, just FYI.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 pm

I managed to get the theatre, free pumpkin set that melsig mentioned (with coupon), redeem my $5 reward and use a $5 off $25 Kidstuff coupon. The Friends Dolphin Cruiser was msrp and I added a mixel...so for $65.48 I got the 4 items. Of course we have the Dolphin Cruiser so I have to figure out what to do with it. That was one of the few ones that were MSRP. :(

It might have put the price of the pumpkin towards the $75 total? I should have tried that.

Not sure what I will buy to get the other three though...

Can it be attached to the Mini Modular set #10230, SpaceNinjaDino?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:21 pm

atmail35 wrote:Can it be attached to the Mini Modular set #10230, SpaceNinjaDino?
Ooh, I would like to know this, too! We have one but have not opened it yet...

Taveren
I'm New !

Post by Taveren » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:57 pm

They had these on the shelf for sale at my TRU today. I bought one along with a couple of small sets which brought my total over $75 and they gave me a second one for free because of the promo :-D

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:12 am

cinrose wrote:I had no problem purchasing a bricktober set by itself. I went to the service desk and asked if I could buy one. The young woman called her mgr. and was told "as long as there is a UPC # and it rings up, we can sell it" I paid $20 for it, but at least I didn't have to spend an additional $55 to get it for "free".
You got lucky. I went to 3 TRU yesterday and asked about purchasing it alone and all 3 refused.

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 am

atmail35 wrote:<snip>
Can it be attached to the Mini Modular set #10230, SpaceNinjaDino?
I think someone on another forum said these were smaller than the mini modulars.