LEGO September 2014 Sales & Promotions

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO September 2014 Sales & Promotions

Post by dulait » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Apparently the promos do not stag in store as I was told today. The explanation was that stores do not get enough polybags so they have to force the customer to choose which one they want. And online is a totally different story since it is shipped from the states, and the states always get better promos or freebies than Canada. Somewhat bull**** if you ask me but I did not want to argue, so I picked the obivous, the space man.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:30 am

dulait wrote:Apparently the promos do not stag in store as I was told today. The explanation was that stores do not get enough polybags so they have to force the customer to choose which one they want. And online is a totally different story since it is shipped from the states, and the states always get better promos or freebies than Canada. Somewhat bull**** if you ask me but I did not want to argue, so I picked the obivous, the space man.
I was told if you spend $50 you get the Chima polybag, and if you spend $100 you get the Spaceman.. but if you want both, you need to spend $150.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:10 am

I'd argue BS and get them both. You just get really loud and you will get what you want.

I would tell them I want to ship the things to my house and get them both and then they lose business.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:30 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I'd argue BS and get them both. You just get really loud and you will get what you want.

I would tell them I want to ship the things to my house and get them both and then they lose business.
Good point.
Even no need to argue. Just order them on phone immediately. :-D

Nobody999
I'm New !

Post by Nobody999 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm guessing they haven't sold out of the classic spaceman promos because many people are holding off on making purchases now in order to take advantage of double VIP points in October.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 pm

hikari wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I'd argue BS and get them both. You just get really loud and you will get what you want.

Good point.
Even no need to argue. Just order them on phone immediately. :-D
Yeah...I should've did that when forced to choose :???:

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 am

great find. thanks for the news. ordered via phone - then did a self face palm for not using your affiliate link! so i shared with my LUG. hopefully someone will click through for you.

the VW mini put me over the top - that and my local store is either a) out of the spaceman giveaway or b) simply not giving them out because we are past the 14th.

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:23 pm

If one plans on buying two sets from LEGO... is it best to separate the order in two ...so you get two promos?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 am

^ Absolutely.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:54 pm

TheKragle wrote:If one plans on buying two sets from LEGO... is it best to separate the order in two ...so you get two promos?
Yes, but might not be able to do in store depends on the manager. Some will tell you it is one promo per person.