[CAN] TRU 20% off City

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

[CAN] TRU 20% off City

Post by Ogre21 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:32 am

Week of Aug. 13...20% off all 'City' LEGO...not just limited to 'Fire' sets this time! :D
~ Ogre

toystest
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] TRU 20% off City

Post by toystest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:17 am

TRU in the US needs these sales :(

ilovelacus
I'm New !

Post by ilovelacus » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:26 am

FINALLY!!! CITY on SALE T.T

waited so long. What are some of the great deals you guys recommend in CITY avaialble in TRU Ca ?

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:50 pm

toystest wrote:TRU in the US needs these sales :(
We really need some sales. We're starving for them here :lol:
ilovelacus wrote:FINALLY!!! CITY on SALE T.T

waited so long. What are some of the great deals you guys recommend in CITY avaialble in TRU Ca ?
Get all the new city stuff!!!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Cool news. Heading down to TRU tomorrow. :D

timtosino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by timtosino » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I just bought the TRU Truck on Tuesday.. I assume TRU will give me the price difference since it went on sale less than a week later.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 am

kevin93 wrote: We really need some sales. We're starving for them here :lol:
Well I don't like the BOGO offers as much as I have to pick two sets that are priced similarly. I prefer a straight up 20% off so I can get what I want :D

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by imooumoo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 am

Im gonna wait for my toys r us to restock, then buy the new Truck.

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Tru truck, public transport and trains are all sold out. How did they sell out so fast? All were still instock yesterday.

computershopper
I'm New !

Post by computershopper » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 am

I went online at 8 am and all train items were out of stock already. So The kids and I went to the TRU store for opening only to fine out that everything had been sold out the previous evening. The associate said that people buy them at reg. price and come back later for a price adjustment :evil: He said he would call me when/if more came in before the sale is over.

Does anyone know if they sell the level crossing instore or are they online only?

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:34 am

computershopper wrote:I went online at 8 am and all train items were out of stock already. So The kids and I went to the TRU store for opening only to fine out that everything had been sold out the previous evening. The associate said that people buy them at reg. price and come back later for a price adjustment :evil: He said he would call me when/if more came in before the sale is over.

Does anyone know if they sell the level crossing instore or are they online only?
Will they not give you a rain check?

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Public transport can be backordered; unfortunately it doesn't appear the trains can be. Just ordered it online along with the Air Port and City Corner.

Note about City Corner - it is discounted down to 55.97 from 79.99, so it is about 30% off - I assume it's on clearance.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

darknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darknight » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:48 pm

computershopper wrote:I went online at 8 am and all train items were out of stock already. So The kids and I went to the TRU store for opening only to fine out that everything had been sold out the previous evening. The associate said that people buy them at reg. price and come back later for a price adjustment :evil: He said he would call me when/if more came in before the sale is over.

Computershopper, aren't you from USA? Its might be a better deal to get it there than from Canada.

computershopper
I'm New !

Post by computershopper » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:19 am

darknight wrote:

Computershopper, aren't you from USA? Its might be a better deal to get it there than from Canada.
No, I'm from Edmonton, AB. Though I wish I could get the prices they offer in the US :(

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Hodgeman wrote:Public transport can be backordered; unfortunately it doesn't appear the trains can be. Just ordered it online along with the Air Port and City Corner.
Same deal with TRU truck and the passenger plane.
Hodgeman wrote: Note about City Corner - it is discounted down to 55.97 from 79.99, so it is about 30% off - I assume it's on clearance.
Out of stock.