[USA] TRU Free Minifigure Aug. 6-29

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] TRU Free Minifigure Aug. 6-29

Post by sweener » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 am

I just received a ad booklet from TRU in the mail today. On the front it states the sale prices are valid August 6-29. At the bottom of the page it states quantities are limited; no rain checks.

Free LEGO Toy Story 3 Mini-Figure with ANY LEGO Toy Story 3 construction set purchase. (30070 is pictured)

Free LEGO Star Wars Storm Trooper with ANY LEGO Star Wars construction set purchase. (2853590 is pictured)

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] TRU Free Minifigure Aug. 6-29

Post by FireWolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:10 pm

The toy story offer is great for buy 1 get 1 free on 30070. For Star Wars, is that a comeback for the silver stormtrooper?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:00 pm

can you scan the pages pls.

Psychobod
I'm New !

Post by Psychobod » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 pm

It was supposed to be the White Boba Fett I was told by a friend at Lego in Sweden. The dumb guys at Toys R Us had way too many of the Silver Stormies leftover from last time so Lego decided to use the White Boba Fetts for another promotion. Would be nice if they would stick to the plan.

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Warning low quality :oops: . Pic

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 am

thanks! i was scouting them yesterday. didn't find any on the shelves or elsewhere. guess will wait till friday.

why TRU doesn't just sell these stormies? :lol:

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 am

sweener wrote:Warning low quality :oops: . Pic
Online Weekly Ad: Back to School 2 Catalog
Pages: 6-7

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 am

Took some screenshots and stitched them together. It has an 'Only at Toys R Us' bubble on top of the AT-AT: Is that true? Is the AT-AT a TRU exclusive?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 am

vynsane wrote:Took some screenshots and stitched them together. It has an 'Only at Toys R Us' bubble on top of the AT-AT: Is that true? Is the AT-AT a TRU exclusive?
Yes it is only at TRU and S@H of course.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 am

Does anybody know if they will sell them separately?

AvohkahTamer
I'm New !

Post by AvohkahTamer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 am

I just got back from Toys R Us with my chrome Stormtrooper! Unfortunately, I didn't know until I got home and took it out of the bag that mine has a bit of a misprint... The inside of one leg is painted chrome, while the other is left white. This is visible through the hole on the back of the right leg, and from the bottom.

Is this a common mistake, or should I go try getting a replacement somehow?

Avohkah Tamer

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 pm

AvohkahTamer wrote:I just got back from Toys R Us with my chrome Stormtrooper! Unfortunately, I didn't know until I got home and took it out of the bag that mine has a bit of a misprint... The inside of one leg is painted chrome, while the other is left white. This is visible through the hole on the back of the right leg, and from the bottom.

Avohkah Tamer
Because it's a promotional and therefore technically 'free' you're out of luck. If it was a regular set they sold then yes you could return it for a new one.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:17 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Because it's a promotional and therefore technically 'free' you're out of luck. If it was a regular set they sold then yes you could return it for a new one.
IDK about that, I would check back at TRU and if they don't help you, call LEGO customer support. You never know, and it doesn't hurt to try.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 pm

You should be able to exchange the item for another one as long as they still have it. Better hurry.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
AvohkahTamer wrote:I just got back from Toys R Us with my chrome Stormtrooper! Unfortunately, I didn't know until I got home and took it out of the bag that mine has a bit of a misprint... The inside of one leg is painted chrome, while the other is left white. This is visible through the hole on the back of the right leg, and from the bottom.

Avohkah Tamer
Because it's a promotional and therefore technically 'free' you're out of luck. If it was a regular set they sold then yes you could return it for a new one.
The 'free' card would only fly if it were truly free, but a purchase is necessary. The same thing as the 'free' set you get in a buy 2 get 3 promotion. I would recommend returning to the store I am sure they'll gladly swap it out.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:45 am

My son opened one of his chromies today and there are two spots on the legs that are not fully painted, very similar to your description above.

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 am

Just wondering if there's an extra 'collectible' aspect to those mis-printed 'Chrometroopers'... :?: :!:
~ Ogre

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 am

all the chrome stormtroopers are the same. the right leg is not fully chromed and the area under the arms on the torso aren't chromed as well. it's the same with the chromed c3po and chromed vader. it's the TLC process that messed up all the chromies.

silver chrome is better than gold chrome. the c3po looks faded. if you want better quality chroming for cheaper, go with the http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=ChromeBricks.

you can send them your parts and they will chrome it for you. get a regular stormie and a regular c3po and chrome it. the only problem is the printing since chroming will cover the original prints. you can ask them to print over it. the quality is much more superior to the original. :lol:

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:45 am

Yes there no chrome on the sides of the inside legs. I heard the chrome wears off eventually just like the old chrome silver lightsaber handles.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:21 pm

funnypeople wrote:Yes there no chrome on the sides of the inside legs. I heard the chrome wears off eventually just like the old chrome silver lightsaber handles.
if you play with it, it will wear off. :lol: or you can get it chromed properly. :lol: