Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vyjo
I'm New !

Re: Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Post by vyjo » Sat May 03, 2014 7:32 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:Anyone else getting order cancelled issues? My 3rd order and 4th were both cancelled.
I ordered two and both were cancelled. I order again the Sandcrawler but an hour passed, it still not appear in my Order Status. Should I order again?

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Don't order again, it can take some time for it to be processed far enough to appear in Order Status and get the confirmation email. As for the Darth Revan figure, I think the first ads for it might have said you only need to order $75 worth of anything to get it, but by the time the sale went live, it definitely said it had to be $75 of Star Wars stuff. Too bad the sale is so lame I'm not sure if I'll come up with $75 worth of stuff that I want. Still want the Ewok Village but probably better to see if triple VIP points happen again.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 pm

vyjo wrote:
stevebuscemi wrote:Anyone else getting order cancelled issues? My 3rd order and 4th were both cancelled.
I ordered two and both were cancelled. I order again the Sandcrawler but an hour passed, it still not appear in my Order Status. Should I order again?

I would assume they don't want multiple orders on ppl so they get multiple Revans.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sat May 03, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm guessing that's what it is, but I've heard that some are getting ALL their orders cancelled.

LEGO must not want our business.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 am

Steve, Did they cancel your ENTIRE order? When the Martian Manhunter minifigure was available, I ordered Palpatine's Arrest to reach the $75 to get the MM minifigure. Apparently they sold out of the Arrest, so they cancelled that part of my order, but they still sent the MM minifigure!

Argle
I'm New !

Post by Argle » Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 am

I am considering the Death Star. my question is, does that one EVER go on sale?

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Sun May 04, 2014 11:53 am

Argle wrote:I am considering the Death Star. my question is, does that one EVER go on sale?
Yes it has - on Amazon on rare occasion. Sometimes at Walmart/Target, but even less than Amazon. Also, you can get it on sale right now....if you are in the UK/Europe. Otherwise no.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 pm

from what I've heard, places like Amazon and Walmart are no longer allowed to put the big 10xxx sets on sale anymore. So your best bet for getting a deal on them is to wait for double or triple VIP points. Triple VIP points are rare though, best bet for that is Black Friday. Was hoping they'd at least do 10% off for the big Star Wars sets for May 4, but no such luck in North America this time.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I ordered the Desert Skiff 9496 but is says back order on the order status. Does anyone else have this?
What are the chances of getting it since it is old?

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:44 pm

pretty sure if it's just marked as back ordered you'll get it. Just might have to wait a while.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun May 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah, I've had a few things backordered in the last couple of months and have gotten all of them even faster than their estimate.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 pm

tensider wrote: Does the *entire* $75 have to be Star Wars products in order to qualify?

Edit: After talking to their phone support, the order must contain at least $75 worth of Star Wars products in order to get the minifigure. Which means that I placed an order that didn't qualify. And they cannot cancel it. :evil:

The Martian Manhunter promo wasn't this specific. It didn't require just buying DC Heroes items.

They said that I could return the products that I do get to a Lego store. Does anyone know if the shipping that I wasn't charged (because it was over $75) will be deducted from my return amount if I only return *some* of the items? I would want to keep my Slicer Bug. If they're going to then retroactively apply shipping, I'll return the whole thing and they can &@#$# the @#$#$ off. :evil:
I don't believe you'll be charged shipping if you return part of your order. I haven't tried it, but it doesn't seem like LEGO's system is that sophisticated to figure out you weren't charged shipping etc. If you have your packing slip, you should be able to return your entire order if you want.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun May 04, 2014 5:43 pm

I want the minifigure, but not many of the sets as they can be easily obtained at a discounted price. Its a bit unfortunate that I missed out on getting the skiff and malevolence.

This might be the first year that I actually don't buy anything from the May 4th sale. :sad:

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 pm

bobl wrote:Steve, Did they cancel your ENTIRE order? When the Martian Manhunter minifigure was available, I ordered Palpatine's Arrest to reach the $75 to get the MM minifigure. Apparently they sold out of the Arrest, so they cancelled that part of my order, but they still sent the MM minifigure!
Yea. The entire one, and I made another and they cancelled that.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:
bobl wrote:Steve, Did they cancel your ENTIRE order? When the Martian Manhunter minifigure was available, I ordered Palpatine's Arrest to reach the $75 to get the MM minifigure. Apparently they sold out of the Arrest, so they cancelled that part of my order, but they still sent the MM minifigure!
Maybe you have been "blacklisted" and labeled a "reseller".
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun May 04, 2014 10:12 pm

anakinisvader wrote:
stevebuscemi wrote:
Maybe you have been "blacklisted" and labeled a "reseller".
The problem could also be related to the credit card and/or mailing address.

I made a single order of 3 desert skiffs and a Homing Spider Droid. Few hours later, I received a confirmation email with a list of my orders including free minifig and poster. The transaction was smooth.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 am

I was at the lego store when the simpson minfigure were released for sale. I checked what SW sets they had and malevolence and desert skiff were not available. Odds of getting either were very slim at the store.

I also didn't buy anything and it's a first. But I did finish my Simpson set.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I ran into a couple of problems. I did my first order first thing in the morning on May 3rd and I could have sworn it said it put revan in my bag. I did this on my phone. I also built up the order with $60 bucks worth of star wars sets and the remaining sets were 2 lego movie sets to bust $75. It didn't show up on my order and i was too late to cancel when i called (btw they said the offices were closed when they shouldn't have been.. had to find customer services number). So i did another order with all star wars sets but i didnt realize one of the sets was backordered. So now i am curious if i'll get revan on that set even tho he is on my order list BUT the promotion says it doesnt apply to backorders. So i dont know if thats entire backordered items or just partials or what not. So finally i decided to call a lego store 2 hours away and had them build up an order and include revan and ship it to me. So i did 3 orders (not my plan) just to try to secure revan. Lego store will love me when i do a mass return for half of the items.

Edit: I did look at past may the 4th purchases i've done and I built up an order in 2012 with all star wars sets but i busted the $75 mark with a lego friends set for my daughter. Still got the figure. So i'm hoping they throw in a revan on my first order.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Mon May 05, 2014 1:39 pm

Yea I think I'm officially done ordering from shop@home. No point if they are just going to cancel orders. I didn't even place that many (2). They are all cancelled, even the pending ones now.

I know they are trying to catch resellers, but what's the point of pissing off so many legit customers to do so.

Now what am I going to do? Start a new account? Maybe should just boycott those pricks. If they are so well off they can cancel orders, maybe they don't need my business.

Then again, this "sale" was kind of a joke, all the good items selling out in 2-10 minutes.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon May 05, 2014 1:57 pm

For those of you who contacted Customer Service, has anyone heard back? Until you find out from them why your orders were canceled, I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions that you've been labeled a reseller. This sales event is notoriously insane and things sell out quickly (as we all saw).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive