Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Post by Sinfanti » Mon May 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Every May the 4th for the past few years I've had hopes that the Death Star will go out with a bang. The only people saying "maybe next year" more often are Cubs fans.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Questions regarding people who got their order cancelled.

What items did you order?

Why was it cancelled?

What time did you place the order?

My order hasn't been cancelled but it was backordered and now I checked the terms about the revan figure and it says that it does not count for backordered items but he was in the cart when I purchased it. This is really disappointing. I wanted to get the figure.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue May 06, 2014 7:53 am

mattlee1965 i ordered mine with the jek-14 set being on backorder but i got shipping confirmation last night that it shipped. did you get any shipping confirmations? Mine wont be here until tomorrow so i'm eager to see how it plays out. i screwed up on my very first order.. did $60 bucks worth of star wars and 2 lego movie and i dont think they put revan on my order. bleh.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Tue May 06, 2014 5:45 pm

I may be wrong but it looks like Darth Revan did not sold out.

For those of you with more experience with Lego events and promos.
What is going to happen with the extras?
Does Lego sell him individually or what?

Just curious...

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

MrVEP wrote:I may be wrong but it looks like Darth Revan did not sold out.

Just curious...
They may ship the leftovers to other countries (e.g. Asia) for promo, or they may give away in future online SW order. I remember TLG once gave away TC-14 (the leftover from May the 4th event) with the purchase of 10227 B-wing Starfighter on October 1 through December 31, 2012.
Last edited by legohunter on Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:22 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:mattlee1965 i ordered mine with the jek-14 set being on backorder but i got shipping confirmation last night that it shipped. did you get any shipping confirmations? Mine wont be here until tomorrow so i'm eager to see how it plays out. i screwed up on my very first order.. did $60 bucks worth of star wars and 2 lego movie and i dont think they put revan on my order. bleh.
I got a shipment confirmation for the darth reven and the poster today which was really weird because the other items I ordered are still on backorder. So the only items shipped were the promo figure and poster basically for free. I wonder what will happen if they don't send the backorder items will I be charged for the darth revan figure or did they just give it to me for free.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 pm

mattlee1965 wrote: I got a shipment confirmation for the darth reven and the poster today which was really weird because the other items I ordered are still on backorder. So the only items shipped were the promo figure and poster basically for free. I wonder what will happen if they don't send the backorder items will I be charged for the darth revan figure or did they just give it to me for free.
You will receive the backorder item soon. However, if TLG can't fulfil your order, you will keep the promo items without any charge.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 pm

MrVEP wrote:I may be wrong but it looks like Darth Revan did not sold out.

Just curious...
Clone lt. exclusive from October last year ended up being a gift with SW purchase at TRU and FAO a couple months later. That's how I got my second one.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Wed May 07, 2014 6:34 am

Ok, Thanks.

I try to stay away from TRU Lego. I don't like their prices.
It used to be so easy to buy there.
I remember years... ago when you got 20% coupons almost every Sunday, and the prices were actually MSRP or very close to it.
Not like now. Their new "Hot Price" or "Hot Deals" scheme, just to exclude you from using other % discounts is very irritating and sneaky/shady business practice.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 am

mattlee1965 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:mattlee1965 i ordered mine with the jek-14 set being on backorder but i got shipping confirmation last night that it shipped. did you get any shipping confirmations? Mine wont be here until tomorrow so i'm eager to see how it plays out. i screwed up on my very first order.. did $60 bucks worth of star wars and 2 lego movie and i dont think they put revan on my order. bleh.
I got a shipment confirmation for the darth reven and the poster today which was really weird because the other items I ordered are still on backorder. So the only items shipped were the promo figure and poster basically for free. I wonder what will happen if they don't send the backorder items will I be charged for the darth revan figure or did they just give it to me for free.
Lol i'd probably be the person who cancels the backorder portion as soon as I received the promos lol, but then again a lot of the sets i would have bought were ones i didnt have and would keep them just to be legit.

EDIT:
Oh and on a side note. LEGO is kinda funny. The 2nd order i did with them is arriving today, but the first one i did hours earlier is coming Friday....ummmmm?? lol

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Wed May 07, 2014 10:14 am

My Sandcrawler order came in today from my May 3rd order. There was a notification that I was getting a Darth Revan figure, but it did not show up in my bag. It did show up on my order summary but I did not get it with the set today. I called customer service and they are sending me one.

So be aware and make sure to call customer service if you are missing it. They will be happy to fix it for you

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:43 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
mattlee1965 wrote:
Lol i'd probably be the person who cancels the backorder portion as soon as I received the promos lol, but then again a lot of the sets i would have bought were ones i didnt have and would keep them just to be legit.

EDIT:
Oh and on a side note. LEGO is kinda funny. The 2nd order i did with them is arriving today, but the first one i did hours earlier is coming Friday....ummmmm?? lol
Well. today my darth revan came and my order for the skiff was cancelled. So I got it for free. I know I can't believe it. It is bitter sweet though. I really wanted the desert skiff. oh well. (:(

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 13, 2014 6:29 am

With this many Darth Revans going out on orders that were canceled or at least reduced to below the $75 threshold, I'm thinking they're going to take a hard look at revamping the way they do this promo next year.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am

vynsane wrote:With this many Darth Revans going out on orders that were canceled or at least reduced to below the $75 threshold, I'm thinking they're going to take a hard look at revamping the way they do this promo next year.
Like actually having items in stock?

:lol:

King

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 13, 2014 10:37 am

^ That would be a good first step. But another one would be not to treat the May the 4th event as a clearance, which they obviously were trying this year (and possibly last year as well).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive