Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego May the 4th sneek peak

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

grymg wrote:yes it's showing up for me. . .
I went ahead and placed the order, and despite all the messages throughout the entire checkout process that the minifigure was added to my bag, it didn't show up in the order at any point. The completed order shows just the Sandcrawler and the poster. Maybe I'd better get in touch with LEGO posthaste...
bobl wrote:Quagsire - I had a similar issue when I ordered items to get the Martian Manhunter minifigure. It straightened itself out by the next morning. If not, give them a call. I am sure they'd fix it.
And don't forget, a purchase of $75 or more gives you free shipping.
Good to know. And lol, is there such a thing as a LEGO order under $75?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:Darth Ravan is not showing up in my bag, despite a message saying "Congratulations! The Darth Revan™ Minifigure has been added to your bag" appearing above my cart. Anybody else having this issue, and is the minifigure showing up in your order after it's completed? The poster is showing up fine.
I had same experience as bobl... Martian Manhunter did not show up in cart but I DID receive him. Hoping that it will be the same for Darth Revan

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 pm

I had the gunship in my cart before midnight hit (expecting there to be a 20% discount like Europe but no. . .), then when I refreshed my cart at 12:01am, the poster and revan showed up.

willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by willb2064 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Pathetic sale, they must have had almost no stock of the 3 sets at 50% off.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm

ZZz... Do I even want Revan at this point?

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 am

Anyone else getting order cancelled issues? My 3rd order and 4th were both cancelled.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:18 am

Do the Lego B&M Stores still carry the 9515 malevolence?

It seems rather old to still be in a Lego Store. I wanted to get one but it is sold out online.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat May 03, 2014 6:05 am

Does it have to be $75 of STAR WARS items?

I didn't notice (at first) that in most place it states "LEGO Star Wars purchase of $75 or greater". I submitted a $75 order without any star wars items... cart congratulated me for having enough for Darth Revan (and free shipping). The star wars Poster showed up in my cart. I received a "thank you for your order email" this morning. Darth Revan is not mentioned in the email. The poster is though.

I'm pretty sure that last year I didn't order all Star wars items to get the exclusive Han Solo.. but I can't remember for sure.

Argle
I'm New !

Post by Argle » Sat May 03, 2014 6:46 am

what a laughable "sale". paying top dollar for sets I don't really want for a single minfig, I must pass.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 am

Argle wrote:what a laughable "sale". paying top dollar for sets I don't really want for a single minfig, I must pass.
Well the last two Revan sales on ebay that ended today were $26 and $25 so you're not really paying top dollar, just think of it as a $25 discount off $75.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 am

StClair wrote:I submitted a $75 order without any star wars items... cart congratulated me for having enough for Darth Revan (and free shipping). The star wars Poster showed up in my cart. I received a "thank you for your order email" this morning. Darth Revan is not mentioned in the email. The poster is though.
I rechecked my order this morning, and Darth Ravan has been added to it, despite not showing up when I placed the order, and is also now popping into new orders. It's weird, but you're sure to get one if you got the message.

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 am

Is it possible they might switch some deals around? Perhaps some different discounts on the actual 4th. I was hoping to get the UCS X-Wing but nevermind right now. I enjoyed KOTOR but it's not worth it to get Revan.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat May 03, 2014 7:50 am

alexb54 wrote:Is it possible they might switch some deals around? Perhaps some different discounts on the actual 4th. I was hoping to get the UCS X-Wing but nevermind right now. I enjoyed KOTOR but it's not worth it to get Revan.
I was wondering the exact same thing. I doubt it though. I will be checking just in case

malteselegacy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by malteselegacy » Sat May 03, 2014 9:06 am

Lego store at Sherway in Toronto already sold over 20 Sandcrawler's this morning including mine.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 am

Yay, Skiff for 50% off, oh wait, its gone already. These sales don't even beat most of the Amazon prices.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 pm

StClair wrote:Does it have to be $75 of STAR WARS items?

I didn't notice (at first) that in most place it states "LEGO Star Wars purchase of $75 or greater". I submitted a $75 order without any star wars items... cart congratulated me for having enough for Darth Revan (and free shipping). The star wars Poster showed up in my cart. I received a "thank you for your order email" this morning. Darth Revan is not mentioned in the email. The poster is though.
Ah... It seems that one does indeed HAVE to purchase STAR WARS products to get the Darth Revan figure. Or if you didn't and you get him you are fortunate and I'm happy for you.

Here's the reply FROM customer service:
"I understand your disappointment at having missed out on our Darth Revan™ Minifigure promotion. We do our best to make sure the terms and conditions of each promotion are as transparent as possible, and I'm sorry to hear you think we got it wrong this time.

I’m afraid I can’t add the Star Wars figure to your order.

Listening to what LEGO fans have to say helps us get better and better so I've passed your comments on to the LEGO Shop team."

Little bummed. I really don't see why it would have to be exclusive to ONLY star wars purchases but some of the fine print does state "Star Wars". I did purchase the Galaxy Squad Star Slicer that I wanted at 50% and received free shipping ($75 total with other non-star wars purchases)

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:Darth Ravan is not showing up in my bag, despite a message saying "Congratulations! The Darth Revan™ Minifigure has been added to your bag" appearing above my cart. Anybody else having this issue, and is the minifigure showing up in your order after it's completed? The poster is showing up fine.
I had the same issue, but I bought it anyway. I am hoping I get it... if not I will complain

EDIT - I just checked my account order and the figure shows up even though it only had the initial notification but not fully showing in my bag.
Last edited by wyldjedi on Sat May 03, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Sat May 03, 2014 1:52 pm

StClair wrote:
Ah... It seems that one does indeed HAVE to purchase STAR WARS products to get the Darth Revan figure. Or if you didn't and you get him you are fortunate and I'm happy for you.
Does the *entire* $75 have to be Star Wars products in order to qualify?

Edit: After talking to their phone support, the order must contain at least $75 worth of Star Wars products in order to get the minifigure. Which means that I placed an order that didn't qualify. And they cannot cancel it. :evil:

The Martian Manhunter promo wasn't this specific. It didn't require just buying DC Heroes items.

They said that I could return the products that I do get to a Lego store. Does anyone know if the shipping that I wasn't charged (because it was over $75) will be deducted from my return amount if I only return *some* of the items? I would want to keep my Slicer Bug. If they're going to then retroactively apply shipping, I'll return the whole thing and they can &@#$# the @#$#$ off. :evil:

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sat May 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Made an order this morning and Revan was added to my cart, despite not have just Star Wars sets in my cart. Didn't place my order though and when I came back to send it Revan disappeared from my cart. Decided to cancel my order, LEGOs handling of this super weak May the Fourth sale is quite disappointing.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:13 pm

brickz wrote:Might actually get the malevolence at that price.
I don't even see the ship listed on their site at all now.