Toys R Us Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off All Lego Sun 2-16-22

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Re: Toys R Us Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off All Lego Sun 2-16-22

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:43 pm

While TRU.com likes to jack up prices and exclude everything, you can usually find better deals on their ebay site, even if they don't have everything available. For example the SW 3in1 pack is eligible for BOGO and priced at $99.99

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 pm

I got lucky, my local got both Hulk Lab Smash and the new Batman/Batgirl/Joker sets in sometime last week and they were still there today, both at $49.99. Got them both for $80.XX out the door, VERY HAPPY. strangely enough, they also had the DC set with the Flash, but that was marked up to $39.99, so no go for me.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:19 am

beartrapper25 wrote:While TRU.com likes to jack up prices and exclude everything, you can usually find better deals on their ebay site, even if they don't have everything available. For example the SW 3in1 pack is eligible for BOGO and priced at $99.99

You mean like how the LR Train Chase was $104.99 before the BOGO, and suddely becomes $119.99 when the BOGO kicks in?

:lol:

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:56 pm

You mean like how the LR Train Chase was $104.99 before the BOGO, and suddely becomes $119.99 when the BOGO kicks in?
I knew I wasn't imagining things!! :lol: :lol:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 am

toyz4me wrote:
I knew I wasn't imagining things!! :lol: :lol:
There's a reason I used to spend $100.00 every 6 weeks at TRU, but now spent about $100.00 over the past 30 months.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:46 am

When TRU was an honest company I used to spend between $100-$200 or even more per month there. Ever since they have jacked their prices up, then even more during sales , they have lost my business. I rarely purchase Lego from them at all now, which is sad since I have a 13 month old and am there all the time now. Now they get more traffic but less sales.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 pm

I was looking for the $9.99 Star Wars sets, not available in store, but they ordered them in store (waiving shipping cost) for the ones they had available online. Also got the small poly bag tie fighter. Saved about $7 in shipping.

carlvjack
I'm New !

Post by carlvjack » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 pm

TRU really counts on shoppers who don't know what the regular prices of Lego is. I was there picking up a few packs of the Mixels for my son while the sale was still going on and I swear TRU should invest in LED shelf price tags to help reduce labor costs with the constantly changing prices for Lego. You almost feel like a stock trader if you buy Lego from TRU, "omg Chima is trading at lower prices, quick buy buy buy!!".

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Walmart is my friend these days, especially when their numbers are hurting! Toysrus will not be able to keep up the charades for long.....

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:41 am

My local TRUs have new sets on lockdown, the only thing that snuck out was one new HF wave set, marked up the wazoo of course. It was worth the trip though because I snagged two LR Cavalry sets which I completely missed out on all through last year, and with the BOGO, I paid slightly below retail for them.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:00 am

Pearson wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Would the mini figures be considered a movie set or a CMF set?
Those figs are marked up 33% over S@H so it wouldn't be a deal anyway.
If they are $4 at TRU and BOGO 50% than that makes them $3. If I buy them from S@H I'd have to pay shipping and wouldn't be able to feel for the last few I need.

Floppydee
I'm New !

Post by Floppydee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:25 pm

I hope you all realize Toys R Us price matches their online prices!!! I got some way AWESOME deals this week with the B1G1 50% off deal. Some of the sets are marked WAY down online, compared to the store prices.
The Super Hero funhouse was $42 online, so I got 2 for $63...WOOT WOOT.

I also got Lego Friends, Stephanie's Beach house price matched to the online price of $39.99, got 2 for $60!
I got 4 awesome sets, for $123 plus tax...happy camper!

Also online they still have Series 10 Minifigures, and the sale applies to the, too!!

I am going back today for some more deals LOL, I just will be the one holding up the line to price match the online prices :)

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Anyone else buying the new Star Wars sets? Surprised they are normal price. I received my orders today. I now have plenty of Royal Guards. Lego is still sold out on those. The Coruscant Police Gunships are pretty good too as they are TRU exclusive.

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Floppydee wrote:I hope you all realize Toys R Us price matches their online prices!!! I got some way AWESOME deals this week with the B1G1 50% off deal. Some of the sets are marked WAY down online, compared to the store prices.

I also got Lego Friends, Stephanie's Beach house price matched to the online price of $39.99, got 2 for $60!

Also online they still have Series 10 Minifigures, and the sale applies to the, too!!

I am going back today for some more deals LOL, I just will be the one holding up the line to price match the online prices :)
That would never fly at my TRU. They are total so-and-sos when it comes to price matching and all the non-marked up sets are also tagged as "hot price, not combinable with other offers" so they wouldn't allow the discount and the price match. That's why I never shop there.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:12 pm

I picked up 2 of the lego movie polybags, the death star pack with the penguin batman set and two of the new SW corsucant gunships all were msrp and qualified for the bogo 1/2 off. Spent a little more than I planned but I am happy with the pickups.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Yesterday I tried to order 76012 Batman Riddler Chase, two x 76017 Captain America vs Hydra and Star Wars Desert Skiff (Boba Fett). At that point in the day all of these actually showed that they were available and were at retail price. I confirmed and submitted my order... only to discover that suddenly of these the only one that they had in stock was the Desert Skiff. I was being charged $24 plus $8 shipping and handling for the Star Wars Desert Skiff! I don't think its cool that they can do that. I didn't agree to pay that much for that set. I understand that items will sell out.. but I think items that sell out while you are placing order should be shipped at a later date and the price honored. I had to hurry and leave work after placing my order to drive home to pick up my son. After making it home I tried to cancel my order only to discover that there is some fine print that states that orders have to be cancelled in 45 minutes... The contact info that was easily found on their website was via email. I emailed a brief message stating my situation and waited for a reply. Eventually I gave up and waiting and searched longer and found a phone number. The person that spoke with was very nice and said that she would submit a case for me. Today (24 hrs later) I received 2 emails. The first was a reply to my email stating that after the 45 mins the order cannot be cancelled. The other email was a confirmation stating that the order had been canceled (thanks to the person I spoke to on the phone). I'm not sure why I'm sharing this.. 1/2 venting I suppose and 1/2 suggesting that if you have a problem such as this making a phone call may be the best choice (instead of emailing customer service)

legoInsano
I'm New !

Post by legoInsano » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 pm

bea wrote:
Floppydee wrote:I hope you all realize Toys R Us price matches their online prices!!! I got some way AWESOME deals this week with the B1G1 50% off deal. Some of the sets are marked WAY down online, compared to the store prices.

That would never fly at my TRU. They are total so-and-sos when it comes to price matching and all the non-marked up sets are also tagged as "hot price, not combinable with other offers" so they wouldn't allow the discount and the price match. That's why I never shop there.
I agree. I believe that technically they only "price match" AFTER all promotion and discount are applied, which of course is not logical (what's the point of promotion and discount, right?). Only at TRU lol.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 am

StClair wrote:Yesterday I tried to order 76012 Batman Riddler Chase, two x 76017 Captain America vs Hydra and Star Wars Desert Skiff (Boba Fett). At that point in the day all of these actually showed that they were available and were at retail price. I confirmed and submitted my order... only to discover that suddenly of these the only one that they had in stock was the Desert Skiff. I was being charged $24 plus $8 shipping and handling for the Star Wars Desert Skiff! I don't think its cool that they can do that. I didn't agree to pay that much for that set. I understand that items will sell out.. but I think items that sell out while you are placing order should be shipped at a later date and the price honored. I had to hurry and leave work after placing my order to drive home to pick up my son. After making it home I tried to cancel my order only to discover that there is some fine print that states that orders have to be cancelled in 45 minutes... The contact info that was easily found on their website was via email. I emailed a brief message stating my situation and waited for a reply. Eventually I gave up and waiting and searched longer and found a phone number. The person that spoke with was very nice and said that she would submit a case for me. Today (24 hrs later) I received 2 emails. The first was a reply to my email stating that after the 45 mins the order cannot be cancelled. The other email was a confirmation stating that the order had been canceled (thanks to the person I spoke to on the phone). I'm not sure why I'm sharing this.. 1/2 venting I suppose and 1/2 suggesting that if you have a problem such as this making a phone call may be the best choice (instead of emailing customer service)
After reading your post, I can't imagine the stress this is bringing. Not worth it, not at all. Hopefully you don't have anxiety. I hope it all works out for you. Something simple should never get as complicated and involved as you just explained, sorry to hear.

Elkkthunder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elkkthunder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:34 am

They pulled the new sw and dc sets yesterday
Can't look for store pickup now

I assume they did not want to offer bogo 50 off brand new sets
Should work in store still

MagnusReign
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MagnusReign » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 am

FYI the Lone Ranger Train Chase dropped down to retail price $99 and the BOGO 50 works. Since I didn't have it ended up getting 2 for $150. Not terrible for this discontinued set.