Kingdom's Chess Set

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Kingdom's Chess Set

Post by scatmanjack » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Can someone detail when the Kingdom Chess set was put on clearance in stores and online? I thought I followed LEGO news/deals pretty close but somehow missed when these got put on clearance and sold out... Guess I need to follow the Joust set like a hawk...

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Kingdom's Chess Set

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:47 pm

TTBOMK, this was never put on sale or clearance on-line before it sold out. It may have been discounted in some stores, but I didn't hear of it. The brickset.com page says it sold out in the US on Dec 2nd... so black friday 2013 would have been the last best chance to pick it up on-line.

On the plus side, LEGO typically has a chess set available---at least they have had one for the past few years ... vikings, fantasy castle, and kindoms all within the past 7 years. There will probably be a new one released soon.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 am

I believe there was a 20% discount shortly before it sold out online - they usually do that do avoid no-receipt returns (as they can refund at a lower rate). I recall seeing it briefly for 20% off when it stated 'Call to Check Availability' -- I called but by the time they put my credit card info in it was sold out.

In either case, I just checked, it shows as 50% off now but of course - sold out!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Stepho556
I'm New !

Post by Stepho556 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 am

I saw it for $39.99 on lego.com, but didnt jump on it in time. Im sure another castle themed one will come soon.