eBay - Haunted House Deal

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Dsl
I'm New !

eBay - Haunted House Deal

Post by Dsl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:54 am

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place.

There are new, unopened Haunted Houses selling for $150 with free shipping on eBay. It seems to have started today - I've been watching everywhere trying get a deal on one for Xmas. I can't imagine getting a better price than that, so hopefully it isn't too good to be true.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: eBay - Haunted House Deal

Post by Mrbill317 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Very odd , two dealers selling 5 of them for 150 each and one has a Pet Shop for an unheard of 120 with free shipping.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:09 pm

They might be fakes. Or ran a few extra for themselves in a Chinese factory. So pseudo-fakes. But clearly their English in the auction suggests they aren't native English speakers.

Sometimes too good to be true...prob is. Lego did just have a good 3x VIP bonus though, should've got in on that and get a free Christmas set worth $25.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Sounds like one of those drop shipping scams! If they offer local pickup or drop off then it might be legit.

Dsl
I'm New !

Post by Dsl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 pm

I ordered one. I guess we'll find out what happens...The seller did leave feedback for me on prompt payment, so that might be a positive sign.

I tried the VIP thing, but it was really sketchy because I'm not actually a VIP. The sign up process seemed a bit unclear, I didnt feel confident that I'd actually get the points and I didn't qualify for the free set, so I decided against it.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:02 am

Dsl wrote:I ordered one. I guess we'll find out what happens...The seller did leave feedback for me on prompt payment, so that might be a positive sign.

I tried the VIP thing, but it was really sketchy because I'm not actually a VIP. The sign up process seemed a bit unclear, I didnt feel confident that I'd actually get the points and I didn't qualify for the free set, so I decided against it.
Wait...you find shopping on Lego S@H sketchier than a guy on eBay selling at below retail price?

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:42 am

Nice. I had a nice laugh on that! Still waiting for confirm emails for S@H or ANY correspondence on Saturday's purchases. At least with eBay there is some communication. I'm going to cancel my orders soon with Lego s@h if I don't see any movement soon, as I am not waiting to end up paying more elsewhere If they never ship. I can always go to target.com

Dsl
I'm New !

Post by Dsl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 am

Yeah, I mean that's why I shop on eBay. I expect things to be below retail.

I love the s@h site and think it's set up beautifully. It's just that, when it came time to actually pay, I didn't see what I expected to see. I tried to call, but it was crazy busy and I wasn't interested in trying to sort through a mess later.

Anyway, I'll post updates on the Haunted House...

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Your best bet might just be Ebay or Bricklink.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:49 pm

I emailed the Seller he said his sets he sells are all dropshipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:58 pm

emazers wrote:I emailed the Seller he said his sets he sells are all dropshipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, now what a surprise, or is it just me being sarcastic. To those that think it will not affect us as a whole should read up on this, http://www.brickpicker.com/forum/index. ... -everyone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LegoFanTexas
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by LegoFanTexas » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Hey look... the sky... it's blue!

In other news, Haunted House selling for below retail on eBay is a drop shipping scam using stolen credit cards, it will end up getting the buyer's address banned and cause them all sorts of headaches they get to sort out later.

Whee!

There are no discounts on exclusives anymore and you never buy current sets on eBay.

That is the rule, follow the rule, life becomes easier...

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 am

Not necessarily true. There are ways people buy popular sets using their discounts etc., they are just smarter with what they buy.