LEGO Store Grand Opening in Gurnee, Illinois

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
brickingbad
I'm New !

LEGO Store Grand Opening in Gurnee, Illinois

Post by brickingbad » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:55 pm

This weekend is the grand opening of the new LEGO store in Gurnee. DId anyone else attend?

http://www.brickingbad.com/events/lego- ... ng-gurnee/

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening in Gurnee, Illinois

Post by spacysmoke » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 am

I went yesterday, on the 17th to get the minifigure set. I arrived about 10 minutes before opening and there were maybe 12 people ahead of me. The employees were saying it was not as crowded as Saturday.

Here's the minifigure set:
LEGO Store Grand Opening Minifigure Set, Gurnee, IL by mista_carrot, on Flickr
The torso selection is kind of boring except for the woman, but I do like the accessories.

It was a good day to go because they had leftovers of Saturday's Lego Store set, so if you bought $75 worth of stuff, you got the Lego Store set, the Minifigure set and the PAB box.

Dhomal
I'm New !

Post by Dhomal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

I was there both days. I am guessing that spacysmoke probably was in the far left line then. I was there over an hour ahead and was #3 in line, and only managed to get a number set that is about 100 more than that 53. I was in the far right line. Oh well, thems the breaks.

But yes, being able to get the store set also was a nice bonus.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am

I've only been to one grand opening event where they actually gave out the minifigure sets in order (where the first person got #1, the second person got #2, etc.). That was the Mission Viejo, CA store opening (I got number 18). At the other two events I've been to (San Diego, CA and this one), they were given out in random order. I wish they would give them out in order consistently, since that's kind of a reward for coming early and standing in line.