Toywiz is Buying (selling to Toywiz)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
StClair
Count
Count

Toywiz is Buying (selling to Toywiz)

Post by StClair » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 am

Hi all.
I've been considering selling some unopened LEGO items to Toywiz for sometime now. For those of you that aren't familiar with Toywiz... They sell toys and collectible items that may be hard to find (at a high price) but they also have a "buy list" which is a list of items that they are searching for (so that they can resell them at a profit).

I have only a few unopened LEGO items that they are searching for. Apparently one sets up an account and then while browsing their "buy list" one would add the items that you are selling to them (almost like adding items to a cart when buying items...) Then set up shipment info so that they are expecting your shipment. They then would send a check for the items AFTER your shipment arrives (and I'm sure they've inspected the items).

I have a few questions:
Has anyone ever sold to Toywiz before?
If so were you satisfied? Did things go smoothly?
Did it take long to receive a check?

Most importantly... Will they accept items that have a sticker on the box? I have a Exo-force 7706 Mobile Defense Tank that is in sealed box and it great condition with the exception of the sticker on the front (Kmart discount years ago). Should I pay shipping to ship this item with the few other items to them even though it has a sticker on the front? I'm afraid that it will cause problems. They may refuse to pay their price on the "buy list" and offer me a lower price leaving me only the option of paying shipping to have it mailed back to me. I'm only speculating. Things may go much smoother than that. I've had no experience with them. I have emailed them about the sticker and the response was short and didn't really answer my question.
They are offering $80 for the Exo-force set that I've mentioned. I've tried to sell it on Ebay for $180.. and then slowly dropped the price to $100 plus shipping over the past 9 months. Last time I checked Toywiz was selling them for $200. Its a great set and was one that I originally planned to open and build and then later use the parts for MOCs but for $80 or higher I could make a profit that I have to consider. There are several LEGO items that I would love to have the money for at the moment. At the moment I have several options... ship it to Toywiz for the offered $80, continue listing on Ebay for $100 or more or just hold on to it for future investment. I'm afraid it may have peaked in value but then again one can never predict the future value with certainty. Maybe I'll just hang on to it a little longer.

Still I have the other smaller items that I would like to ship to Toywiz. Thanks in advance for answers to the above questions.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Toywiz is Buying (selling to Toywiz)

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 pm

I've never sold anything to Toywiz, so I cant comment on your primary question.

As for the sticker, I am usually able to carefully remove them with a razor-blade (a straight blade, not a safety razor), and then clean off the remaining residue with Windex. Even if the box-art tears a little bit, it usually looks much better to me than having the price sticker stuck on. You might give it a try.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 am

Another method to remove older price stickers is a hair dryer, or hot air gun. The heat loosens the adhesive allowing you to gently peal the sticker off. Lighter fluid, or products like Goof Off, or Goo Gone will take care of the residue afterwards. But I would try those first on another box you won't try to sell to see if it affect the finish.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Yes the hair dryer works well. Works good on cardboard boxes that shipped items come in also. I had experience with wiz and it was not about buying. I would suggest you keep your items and list them for what you want and turn on the new international shipping option, it ships to an address in the US....you will probably get the item sold quicker as foreigners are willing to open up their pockets..Unless you need the money now. If they want your product bad enough, they should meet your terms, they can also buy through eBay too, where your protected.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 am

Sorry to be a rotten egg here but those aholes at toywiz shouldn't get one iota of your good old sets.
These jerks have been scalping the ** out of PA for years.
I couldn't find one decent WWE Jakks figure in the late 90s to mid 2k because they were scalping every kaybee and TRU near and outside Philly. They would buy up other toy lines as well.

You should easily make way more money selling yourself.
Try craigslist or get a table at the next toy show or comic event.

Good luck though but seriously don't give those douches a dime.