Question about Black Friday -Black Pearl?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
TClone
Knight
Knight

Question about Black Friday -Black Pearl?

Post by TClone » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Any chance the PoTC Black Pearl will be Target or other store promotion this year?

batmanwcm
I'm New !

Re: Question about Black Friday -Black Pearl?

Post by batmanwcm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Isn't this set retired? Why would they bring it back?

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Retired about year ago. The after market is pushing these up to ~200 now.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 pm

TClone wrote:Any chance the PoTC Black Pearl will be Target or other store promotion this year?
You will need the new Lego Back to the Future Delorean time machine.

Howeesp
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Howeesp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:40 am

chenwaa123 wrote:
TClone wrote:Any chance the PoTC Black Pearl will be Target or other store promotion this year?
You will need the new Lego Back to the Future Delorean time machine.
lol

willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by willb2064 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:49 am

There is a new POTC movie in 2015, so there will probably be a new Black Pearl set then.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:40 pm

The Black Pearl was Last Years Target's Black Friday Lego set for $74.99

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I think this years Target Black Friday sale will be the Monster Fighters Castle and Jabba's Palace. Any thoughts?

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:35 pm

marcusloignon wrote:I think this years Target Black Friday sale will be the Monster Fighters Castle and Jabba's Palace. Any thoughts?
Yeah, I am thinking Millennium Falcon will be one of the sets. It was clearanced out at almost every (if not every) Target, then all of the sudden it is restocked at every Target. That is the same pattern as most of the sets that have been BF specials.

They are usually $99+ sets and I was thinking Helm's Deep until they price dropped it. So that kills that. It is usually a set that either has recently EOLed or is about to go OOP. I guess Vamp Castle, Epic Dragon Battle or the Mine are all solid guesses. I just hope it is not a Duplo set like last year.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Target usually has a $99.99 set on Black Friday on sale, last year Black Pearl, year before that was the Troll Fortress, Thats been my thought the Vampire Castle, or one of the City Sets, like the mine. Toys R Us Black Friday sale was the Ninjango 2507 Fire Temple for $91.99, so if you see Target start getting the Vampire castle back in next month well that will be there sale set, as for the 7965 Falcon the word is Lego is going to keep making the set for another year or so, which I hope its not true.

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

emazers wrote:Target usually has a $99.99 set on Black Friday on sale, last year Black Pearl, year before that was the Troll Fortress, Thats been my thought the Vampire Castle, or one of the City Sets, like the mine. Toys R Us Black Friday sale was the Ninjango 2507 Fire Temple for $91.99, so if you see Target start getting the Vampire castle back in next month well that will be there sale set, as for the 7965 Falcon the word is Lego is going to keep making the set for another year or so, which I hope its not true.
I'm not sure if the mine will be one or not, walmart had a fire sale on them last month up here I grabbed the last 2 on the shelf for $59.99 each. None of the other 3 stores around here are carrying them anymore. Not to say they won't find 2 or 3 pallets at the DC to send out in the next month or so..

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Target and Toys r us put there order in with Lego about 6 Months ago for there Black friday Sale's if they are having one. And they are always retiring sets. Thats why Toys R us had at 20 or more Ninjango 2507 Fire Temple sets, and Target stores had a good amount. So whatever sale these 2 stores will have most likely they are sitting in there warehouse right now. Forget about Walmart they never have a $100 set on sale on Black Friday. Target sale's use to always be half price $50 but 2 years ago it went up to $60 and that was the Troll Fortress, and last year the Black Pearl $74.99 so we will find out in about 2 months.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:17 pm

emazers wrote:Target usually has a $99.99 set on Black Friday on sale, last year Black Pearl, year before that was the Troll Fortress, Thats been my thought the Vampire Castle, or one of the City Sets, like the mine. Toys R Us Black Friday sale was the Ninjango 2507 Fire Temple for $91.99, so if you see Target start getting the Vampire castle back in next month well that will be there sale set, as for the 7965 Falcon the word is Lego is going to keep making the set for another year or so, which I hope its not true.
Around two years back Target had 2 $99 sets for BF. I remember a large Space Police and a large Pharaoh's Quest set. They may have been matched with the Troll Fortress or together. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 pm

7327 Pharaoh's Pyramid and 5974 Galactic Enforcer were discounted to (I think) 75 on Black Friday. These had been available before this point for lower elsewhere for some time. So the "discount" was actually an increase in price-so just by waiting they sold for much cheaper after Christmas/ months later. Lego ended up having their own sale which discounted both sets similarly.

I'm hoping this year they bust out some Dino HQs so I can snag one finally. I think Black Pearls are dead and gone.

Jared