Old LEGO Minifigure Series at Walmart?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
just2good
Knight
Knight

Old LEGO Minifigure Series at Walmart?

Post by just2good » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:01 am

Some kid on YouTube is claiming to have found Series 5 and Series 4 at seperate Walmarts this passed week. Have any of y'all found older series at Walmart recently? I would love to get some of 2, 3, and especially 4!

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Old LEGO Minifigure Series at Walmart?

Post by fizicyst » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 am

It is possible, but unlikely. I know last year while riding through rural NC/VA I found series 3. I have recently seen series 7 and 9 at Target. Every once in a while either Target or Walmart will pull stuff out of the back that has been sitting around for years back there. I would say finding series 6 or earlier now is a rare find.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:43 am

He got lucky, a lot of factors come in to play though.
The only place I can find S4/S5 are at collectible toy shops for $6+

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Target near me had S5 until S10 came out; Kmart still has S7; WM has still not put out S10.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

I've found Series 5 at rural Wal Marts as recently as a few months ago. Unlike Target, Wal Mart often will put something in the clearance aisle at full price. And they'll leave it there until it sells. If you find a Wal Mart far enough out of the way, it's entirely possible to find some of the series that saw overly high production, like Series 5.

You have to remember that Series 5 came out in August 2011, and most collectors had their fill by October. Wal Mart then started carrying these around October in massive quantities, but collectors already had their fill so these sat forever on the pegs at Wal Mart. They went to clearance at many Wal Marts, and when the Wal Mart didn't give them a 'clearance' price, they sat forever in the clearance section.

Now, Series 4 I find harder to believe. That wasn't produced in the same quantities at Series 5, but I suppose if you find a Wal Mart far enough out of the way it's possible, just unlikely.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:01 pm

I just saw a bunch of s8 at Target today and saw a few newer Star Wars sets on sale at a remote local Wally world and some of the Ninjago as well LOTR sets.