Amazon Canada Now has a Toy Department (with LEGO)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Amazon Canada Now has a Toy Department (with LEGO)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 am

If you are a Canadian LEGO fan, you'll be delighted to know that Amazon.ca now has a Toy Department (Beta). Yes, Amazon is the seller and their LEGO products qualify for free shipping on orders above $25. As a new toy retailer in the Canadian market, Amazon has discounted many LEGO products with most of them being in the 25-30% off range. Thanks to everybody that informed us about it.

As a Canadian myself, I'm very excited that Amazon Canada is now selling toys. Its like a Christmas dream coming true! With new toy retailers like Target and Amazon, this is definitely going to force the other major retailers like Toys R Us to stay competitive with their prices. I look forward to seeing more sales in the ranges of 25-35% off, rather than just the usual 15-20% off sales we normally get.

Here are some of our recommendations of sets discounted at Amazon!

30% off - Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider $70.34 (reg.$99.99)
28% off - Creator Seaside House $43.15 (reg.$59.99)
28% off - Creator Log Cabin $28.68 (reg.$39.99)
28% off - Lord of the Rings Battle of Helm's Deep $123.11 (reg.$169.99)
27% off - Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase $94.7 (reg.$129.99)
27% off - Star Wars Gungan Sub $66.1 (reg.$89.99)
27% off - Friends Olivia's House $65.95 (reg.$89.99)
26% off - Ninjago Golden Dragon $29.73 (reg.$39.99)
25% off - Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria $75 (reg.$99.99)
22% off - Lord of the Rings Hobbit Unexpected Gathering $66.28 (reg.$84.99)
25% off - Super Heroes Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout $49.02 (reg.$64.99)
21% off - Super Heroes Ironman Malibu Mansion Attack $39.65 (reg.$49.99)
You can check out the remaining sets that are on sale here

*For your convenience, I have also added the "LEGO Topsellers" list on the sidebar to the right. Please remember to click through one of our affiliate links prior to making your purchase (it can be anything!) at Amazon.ca. It doesn't cost you anything, but every purchase you make through our links helps keep our site running.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/amazon-canada-no ... ding-lego/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: Amazon Canada Now has a Toy Department Including LEGO

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:03 pm

It's about time. I hope they will carry the larger exclusives soon and have great discounts. ;-)

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Amazon Canada Now has a Toy Department Including LEGO

Post by sneaky07 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Agreed, this is great news! I feel like we've been missing out on a lot of deals that our American buds have been getting (though that could be bad news for our wallets). And rolling the dice on whether we get a great deal or just an okay one when we order from Amazon Europe (I'm eyeballing UPS on that one). We can only benefit from having a big player like Amazon Canada in the mix.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Amazon Canada Now has a Toy Department (with LEGO)

Post by autobrick » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:03 pm

It took them long enough.

Hopefully the two new major competitors (Target and Amazon.ca) will make the upcoming holiday season a good one for Canadians.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:15 pm

As others have mentioned this is great news. I can only hope they pack any Lego orders better than several of the books I have ordered from them in the past. A few hard cover books arrived at my place with badly dented corners, and other items were loose in the boxes.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:40 pm

*like*

I will more likely still order from Chapters.ca, but hopefully this will drive some competitive pricing.

I'm a bit confused by some of the List Pricing so far though...
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005VPR ... tonbr0f-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--
Marc.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

I suspect that they still have some issues to clean up with the List pricing, but still some good deals to be had. Have been looking for Log Cabin and got it for $29 with free shipping.

vancouvertim
I'm New !

Post by vancouvertim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 pm

This is fantastic news! May no longer need to use US Amazon and make a trip to collect from a mailbox. Delivered to my door at great prices.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I was thinking the same. However, if I'm planning a trip across the border and the factors are right (sale pricing and a high Canadian dollar) I would still order from US Amazon.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

crewser wrote:As others have mentioned this is great news. I can only hope they pack any Lego orders better than several of the books I have ordered from them in the past. A few hard cover books arrived at my place with badly dented corners, and other items were loose in the boxes.
Amazon doesn't even use boxes any more for softcover books, if you can imagine. Some dweeb at the warehouse just shove your books in a bubble envelope that's usually two sizes too big - your order rattles around inside throughout. I've largely stopped ordering from them in favour of Chapters, which also provides easy returns at the local store. The only Amazon advantage vis a vis books is slightly larger selection of older books and slightly faster shipping.

Anyway, great news about the Lego though. This should knock the breath out of Toys R Us in a good way (hopefully it doesn't hurt the smaller Canadian toy stores too badly, though). Canada was quickly turning into the worst region of the world for Lego pricing, heck people here were ordering from Europe!

We'll see how Amazon performs regarding toy packaging.

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wuju007 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:55 am

I guess with the 25-30% price off, it will at least bring our CDN RRSP of 30% over U.S. price down to the regular U.S. pricing on any given Lego set.

ausone
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ausone » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 am

Wow! What great news. It makes me wanna go buy something at amazon.ca right now just to show my thanks to them!

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 pm

majority of the discounted items is now back near full price. Most of them are $0.05 to $1 below

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 pm

TRUKLEDOG_13 wrote:majority of the discounted items is now back near full price. Most of them are $0.05 to $1 below
Hope these 'regular' prices don't last long. Otherwise it won't be much incentive for other Canadian retailers to lower their prices.