100's Of Sellers are Selling There B-Wing And Losing Money

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

100's Of Sellers are Selling There B-Wing And Losing Money

Post by emazers » Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Well it looks like people who bought these B-Wings for $100 thought they would make alot of easy big money pretty quick, but if you check E-bay under Completed Auctions you will see most of these sellers are losing or just breaking even. I one a auction yesterday for $102, I called the guy and he said he had another one so I got 2 for $115 shipped. He said he thought these would be selling for big money, so he needs the money now so he had to sell, and there are lots of other auctions that after Ebay and paypal fees and most sellers don't no what they are doing on shipping. With this B-wing once it does retire you still have to wait a year or so before the big bucks come in. So the key is put the B-wings away and forget about them. And about shipping I won the Technics 8110 big Set last week, The Guy had $8.00 shipping now he lives in MD same as me about 85 miles from me, I asked him are you sure you did the shipping right on the auction he said yes, well it really cost $14.75, so he does not no how to fill out the shipping on the auction, but after we talked on the phone and I got him to show me how he calculated the shipping rate I told him what he did wrong, so hopefully he know's now.

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 100's Of Sellers are Selling There B-Wing And Losing Mon

Post by skeet318 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Probably cause the B-Wing sucks.....In what universe would someone pick that piece of garbage to pilot when they can fly the awesomeness that is the X-Wing. It may take longer than 2015 for this one to get hot. Trolling out!

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Tue May 28, 2013 6:00 am

Indeed. The B-Wing is not a cool looking ship. I have no interest in this piece at even half the retail price.

zskid00
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zskid00 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 am

You can tell there are a lot of impatient and/or inexperienced resellers who saw the 50% off price and went all-in. They really need to hold onto it for a while to see a good return.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm

I been selling Lego on Ebay for 10 years and thats the Problem people buy $500-$10,000 worth of Lego and think they will make thousands in a short time, 60% of people who invest in Lego to sell, crack because they can't wait the 2-3 years so they put them on ebay and usually loose money after all the ebay and paypal fees. same thing with the B-wing it is worth a $100 and when it does retire it will be a $200-$300 set after a few years but the key is waiting.

Howeesp
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Howeesp » Thu May 30, 2013 1:37 am

Wow, so much hate for the B-wing. I think its a great set, but should of been $175 with a minifig.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 pm

The b-wing will fall short in comparison with the new red x-wing, but the b- wing is in a league of its own, it looks amazing once built and lets not forget its a display model ever tried playing with the SSD? I'am sure the price will appreciate once it's OOP - some wait until then

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 am

Howeesp wrote:Wow, so much hate for the B-wing. I think its a great set, but should of been $175 with a minifig.

My flames we're directed at the ship itself. A lot of people hate the Ewoks, but the B-Wing was the worst thing to come outta Return.....to each their own. My advice: Save your $ and buy lots of Ewok Villages!

sparkart
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sparkart » Fri May 31, 2013 7:10 am

I liked that the B-Wing (wings folded) flew with the cockpit on the side, similar to the Millennium Falcon. There's a Star Warsiness feel that resonates with me. The B-Wing is a peculiar design, perhaps too esoteric for wide appeal?

Personally, I love the LEGO B-Wing. I applaud LEGO for making the kit. I can't wait for the new Endor planet and the printed B-Wing cockpit so I can replace the cones on my midi-scale B-Wings:

B-Wing in attack configuration by SPARKART!, on Flickr

Midi-nnium Falcon by SPARKART!, on Flickr

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Fri May 31, 2013 8:08 am

Wow. Nice stuff Spark.

Love that hanger, very impressive minis you've made there.

LowestFormOfWit
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LowestFormOfWit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Holy wow. I would build one of those Mini falcons in an instant. You don't happen to have any close ups or breakdown shots?

zskid00
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zskid00 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:39 am

Is this thing officially retired by LEGO or did it just go out of stock temporarily? I see that it is now listed as Sold Out on Shop @ Home:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/B-Wing-Starfighter-10227

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

^ That is the question indeed.
As it stands, it is hard to guess. It could be gone for good since there were rummors that production ended way before may the 4th. But it could still be the case that stock in Europe for example is shipped to USA/Canada.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Saw an auction end just days ago for a B-wing for $122 on ebay. Crazy

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:42 pm

StClair wrote:Saw an auction end just days ago for a B-wing for $122 on ebay. Crazy
This is pretty much a meaningless statement without also noting what the shipping cost was. Everyone takes shipping (and/or tax) into account when making purchases - it's the same with sales.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Sorry. I should have been more specific. You are correct.. shipping is factored into the price. Shipping was very low although I don't recall exactly it was less than $15.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 am

StClair wrote:Sorry. I should have been more specific. You are correct.. shipping is factored into the price. Shipping was very low although I don't recall exactly it was less than $15.
Thanks! That is indeed crazy...the person must have lost money on that sale after shipping and fees.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 pm

If Lego themselves put a set on sale for 50% off, we know the set sucks and people who brought them for profit were in for a shock, like most are now. Hope those people learned their lessons.

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 pm

I bought one to build and was very happy by the 50% off. However, I have to say it was not a very fun kit and I can see why it has so many detractors.

Zithy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Zithy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm

dulait wrote:If Lego themselves put a set on sale for 50% off, we know the set sucks and people who brought them for profit were in for a shock, like most are now. Hope those people learned their lessons.
I remember the same thing happening with the Rogue Shadow . . . Patience, young Padawan . . .(and storage space heh)

It was a very profitable lesson indeed. I'm not worried.