VIP early release for 10237 The Tower of Orthanc

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

VIP early release for 10237 The Tower of Orthanc

Post by grogall » Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 am

Just a small announcement for VIP customers! The Tower of Orthanc 10237 will be available for you on the 17th. of June. Through S@H and Lego brand stores!

you must be a registered VIP card holder before purchasing the set, on that date.

Buy Now: USA | Canada | UK

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: VIP early release for 10237 The Tower of Orthanc

Post by dulait » Fri May 17, 2013 11:54 am

grogall wrote:Just a small announcement for VIP customers! The Tower of Orthanc 10237 will be available for you on the 17th. of June. Through S@H and Lego brand stores!

you must be a registered VIP card holder before purchasing the set, on that date.
Will wait till black friday, or when they have it on amazon.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:53 pm

I think someone needs to buy LEGO a calendar. Do they purposely time these things to miss out on gift-giving holidays? Why put out the set the day after Father's Day? Likewise, Friends and Arkham Asylum both missed Christmas (2011 and 2012 respectively). I'm surprised they didn't decide to release the Haunted House the day after Halloween or the Winter Village sets the day after Christmas.

Oh well, I guess it will be Bag End or the Lone Ranger Constitution set on my wish list this year.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm

I might get it , wish I had more VIP rewards stashed. Now Im torn if I should get that set with my saved up money or get the ones hitting TRU now.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:I might get it , wish I had more VIP rewards stashed. Now Im torn if I should get that set with my saved up money or get the ones hitting TRU now.
Weight in which ones you save more on and which ones you want more, then you will find your answer.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:04 pm

get the Orthanc set first, it's the best of the bunch!

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 am

It appears to be up on the German LEGO shop, but not the US.

http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/VIP-Fruher-Zugriff-10237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Since you will need two of them - back and front why not get one now and one later from amazon? Even though it's all black bricks but it's iconic 3/4 the height of the Eiffel tower.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 am

I am sure this has been beaten to death on other threads, but why the $50 price difference between the US and Canada?

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 am

U.S is a huge market and highly competitive is the reason, Canada and the rest of the world pay more.
perhaps this might share some insight
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2008/08/0 ... go-prices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am

Ordered mine yesterday just waiting for them to ship. Free Jor-El, shipping, and the poster. I was going to get it at the Lego store on the 1st but this saves me the trouble of going into the mall

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 am

Beauty of a set but with other awesome exclusives coming out, I think I have to pass on this one. Namely the Ewok Village, the Sydney Opera House, and the X-Wing. They're all more expensive (other than the X-Wing being the same price) but I like those 3 more than this one. Not that I'd get all 3 of those within this year, but just that I'm more willing to save up for those 3.

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Tracking says it should be here tomorrow! So stoked for this.. You don't even know..

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 am

gorenoirmag wrote:Tracking says it should be here tomorrow! So stoked for this.. You don't even know..
Keep us posted.

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:38 am

das_mikey wrote:
gorenoirmag wrote:Tracking says it should be here tomorrow! So stoked for this.. You don't even know..
Keep us posted.
Got the set! Took me about 7 hours to put together. I love the ent (Treebeard?) he's pretty awesomely designed. I think they really should have thrown in a few extra minifigures and I know why they didn't but still if you just use only the minifigs from this one it's just kinda bleak. I've heard some people complain about it only being "half a tower" but really there wasn't any other way for them to design it and the extra pieces they'd have to include would have sent the price up even higher. There is a LOT of repetition in the build and it gets annoying but I powered through because I wanted to see this monster done. Also if you purchase the wizard battle set you can swap in the eye of Sauron into this set and it works with the the light up brick throne room part of Orthanc. The globe they include instead of the eye is really cool on its own though. The set was divided into 15 separate bags but there's two of two numbers so its really 17 bags. I had thought about modifying it and purchasing bricks to close in the back with maybe a hinge system but I really don't think it's worth it and honestly the interior scenes are just as awesome if not better than having a "complete" Orthanc. One thing I'm thinking about adding though is the circular wall around the tower. Maybe I'll get a circular coffee table for the home office and make it an Isengard battle scene. We shall see.

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:44 am

Oh and along with the Jor-El and free poster they sent me one of those chima battle set thingies. Not really a fan of the Chima sets but more free stuff is always welcome.

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks for the report.