Vancouver LEGO Store One Year Anniversary

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Vancouver LEGO Store One Year Anniversary

Post by Legobrandon » Wed May 15, 2013 7:53 am

It has been a year since the LEGO store opened and they are having a celebration. Here are the details:
You're invited to the LEGO® Store Master Builder Event at Oakridge Centre!
Celebrate the one year anniversary of the LEGO® Store and help a real LEGO Master Builder construct an 8-foot tall model of Yoda! Plus, visit the LEGO Store during the building event for exclusive in-store offers this weekend only!

May 17-19, West Galleria
Friday, May 17: 11 am - 7 pm
Saturday, May 18: 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday, May 19: 11 am - 6 pm

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to make a qualifying purchase and receive one of these exclusive giveaways:

Free LEGO® Birthday cake with a $50 purchase!
Free LEGO® Minifigure set with a $75 purchase!
Also, don't forget to check your emails since I just received a $10 off $50 coupon. Not sure if I should share it since it may be a unique coupon.

legohunter
Count
Count

Re: Vancouver LEGO Store! Finally.

Post by legohunter » Wed May 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Legobrandon wrote: Plus, be one of the first 300 people to make a qualifying purchase and receive one of these exclusive giveaways:

I did not see this promo from my email. :problem: I wonder what minifg set it would be like?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: Vancouver LEGO Store! Finally.

Post by Legobrandon » Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 am

legohunter wrote:
Legobrandon wrote: Plus, be one of the first 300 people to make a qualifying purchase and receive one of these exclusive giveaways:

I did not see this promo from my email. :problem: I wonder what minifg set it would be like?
Should look something like this:

wilandirene
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Vancouver LEGO Store One Year Anniversary

Post by wilandirene » Fri May 17, 2013 2:26 pm

I went there this morning and you have to essentially spend $125 (before tax) to qualify for all the promo items. The VW Camper Van is $129.99, and I added a small Iron Man Set ($15.99) to make the minimum since if you take the $10 off it can bring you below the $125 mark.

I'm not sure if they allow you to use 2 $10 off coupons (by breaking your purchases into 2). Someone ahead of me tried that and it looked like they didn't want to let them do that. I didn't hang around to listen though!

Also, don't forget you'll get the Iron Man promo set too (since that is a $50 qualifying purchase). So 3 promos in 1 shot isn't too bad!

***I printed off 2 $10 off coupons and gave one to a lady behind me but don't know if she had any problems using it. I think as long as you have a VIP card you're good to go.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 pm

It was a little disappointing that you couldn't get all the promos in $75 and had to spend $125 instead. I don't need excuses to buy more Lego...

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Any idea how many minifg sets are left? I'm only interested in that, but I honestly don't have anything I want or need from the store.

wilandirene
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilandirene » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Not really sure Brandon, I was there at 9:30am and I would say there were probably 20-30 purchases in the first hour. Today should still be ok, but Sat/Sun is another story altogether. That being said it's a long weekend, perhaps it won't be that busy.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm

I was in the store today to pick up 76006 and 76007 for promo gift. When I showed the $10 off coupon before paying, a not too friendly mom-like bossy female associate refused to let me keeping the promo minifig set. She seriously explained the promo gift was given away only if the total due was $75 (or more) AFTER coupon use. Did this happen to any one of you? I did not find the fine print of this restriction at anywhere!? Because I was in rush, I did not have time to argue with her and find something worth $10 for using the coupon.

I left the store with Iron man polybag, iron man poster, minifig promo set, Mr gold sticker, Yoda build cert., 76006, and 76007. Damage was $75 plus tax.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Hope this isn't too late, but heres the coupon for anyone that wants to use it.

PS. They still have enough minifigure sets to last a whole day (according to employee).

http://responsys.hs.llnwd.net/i2/respon ... idge_PR_CA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 pm

legohunter wrote:explained the promo gift was given away only if the total due was $75 (or more) AFTER coupon use.
This is typical for LEGO promotions. Most people don't know it because LEGO coupons are so rare, but I've run into this same thing with the coupons they give out for LEGO club meetings. Now, in some cases store employees will throw one in your bag anyway without running it through their point of sale system, but if they try to ring the item up it won't let them unless the after coupon price (not including tax) exceeds the threshold. I would assume that inventory control for a special event like this is much tighter, which means the rules will be strictly enforced, so it's good to plan for this in advance.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

legohunter wrote:I was in the store today to pick up 76006 and 76007 for promo gift. When I showed the $10 off coupon before paying, a not too friendly mom-like bossy female associate refused to let me keeping the promo minifig set. She seriously explained the promo gift was given away only if the total due was $75 (or more) AFTER coupon use. Did this happen to any one of you?
This did not happen to me. I spent $79 - $10= $69 before taxes.

They ran out of Iron Man posters too. :(