[USA] Fred Meyer CMF series 10

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
peanut
Knight
Knight

[USA] Fred Meyer CMF series 10

Post by peanut » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Ballard location has roughly 8 cases out. I'm guessing the other locations have theirs out as well and if not today then very shortly. Had a crack at all of them first, they were sealed, and no Mr. Gold :crazy:

edit: attached image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Fred Meyer CMF series 10

Post by wegj » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm

I saw the tags on the shelves but no figures yet
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Does anyone know how many figures are typically made for other limited edition runs? I'm curious how a run of 5,000 Mr. Golds compares to something like the ComicCon limited edition minifigs like Green Lantern or Bizarro.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Hahaha the thought of you sifting through that many cases makes me laugh, but I won't lie I would've joined you.

I'm astounded at that many cases in one place, I've certainly never seen that! If I'm lucky enough to find a sealed case/s I'll grab one and feel darn lucky, otherwise I'll probably do exactly what you did.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Possibly making a trip down south next week. Hopefully there will be a 10% off coupon to stack! Don't know if I'll have the time or patience to sift through multiple cases just to find Mr. Gold.

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wuju007 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 am

When where will it be in Canada?

Notorious Guf
I'm New !

Post by Notorious Guf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 am

Me thinks TLG will be producing extra boxes of Series 10 in preparation for the rush of people looking for Mr Gold!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 am

A TRU near me once had 8 boxes of series 4 I think it was, and 6 boxes of series 3 at one point. They now order only two boxes at a time, and dumb them in this bin every Sunday. It's annoying.

I wouldn't even waste your time looking for Mr Gold, you will never find one, you will never meet someone who will find one. It's not like it's one in every few boxes, it's probably not less than one in every 10-20-50 boxes. If the Target I go to has two boxes per series, my Kmart has two boxes, TRU two per week, so at least 20. That's 25 boxes at three stores when there are thousands of Targets and KMarts and TRUs.

Plus I think LEGO will make more series 10, which will dilute the chances of getting one even more.

This is how many Comic Con minifigures were made....
San Diego Comic Con is slated to be LEGO Super Heroes day. As part of that celebration, LEGO is giving away 1,000 of each of the four exclusive minifigs: Bizarro and Shazam! for DC Universe and Venom and Phoenix for Marvel, for a total of 4,000 figures.

Curtis
I'm New !

Post by Curtis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I wouldn't even waste your time looking for Mr Gold, you will never find one, you will never meet someone who will find one.
Not to mention how many :shifty: TRU employees will be pre-feeling every case to ensure Mr. Gold will never make it onto a TRU shelf... Or does that sort of thing only happen at TRU stores in my area?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 am

Brick & Blue wrote:A TRU near me once had 8 boxes of series 4 I think it was, and 6 boxes of series 3 at one point. They now order only two boxes at a time, and dumb them in this bin every Sunday. It's annoying.

I wouldn't even waste your time looking for Mr Gold, you will never find one, you will never meet someone who will find one. It's not like it's one in every few boxes, it's probably not less than one in every 10-20-50 boxes. If the Target I go to has two boxes per series, my Kmart has two boxes, TRU two per week, so at least 20. That's 25 boxes at three stores when there are thousands of Targets and KMarts and TRUs.

Plus I think LEGO will make more series 10, which will dilute the chances of getting one even more.

This is how many Comic Con minifigures were made....
San Diego Comic Con is slated to be LEGO Super Heroes day. As part of that celebration, LEGO is giving away 1,000 of each of the four exclusive minifigs: Bizarro and Shazam! for DC Universe and Venom and Phoenix for Marvel, for a total of 4,000 figures.
My thought exactly.
Curtis wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I wouldn't even waste your time looking for Mr Gold, you will never find one, you will never meet someone who will find one.
Not to mention how many :shifty: TRU employees will be pre-feeling every case to ensure Mr. Gold will never make it onto a TRU shelf... Or does that sort of thing only happen at TRU stores in my area?
It happens everywhere when it have something to do with making profit of any kind.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

CMF series 10is going to be big especially since everybody's pretty excited about the almost mythical and elusive mr. Gold assuming there will be many box buyers who will buy in lot and feel the bags after which they will offload the extras into secondary market so the prices on the remaining 16 mf's should be pretty good after an initial demand / craze the market will be flooded by sellers.
It's a good time to befriend Lego store employees, those guys will be feeling the most bags and will get the most loot. TLC hits mega millions with CMF 10!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

It's a nice series, nothing incredibly special, but all very nice and fun. I just wish it was in the winter. In the winter I have the time to waste standing in TRU. In the summer I'm outside having fun. :)

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm

I picked up a full set from Target on Saturday. They had one endcap display -- the equivalent of one box. No Mr. Gold.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 pm

auralgami wrote:I picked up a full set from Target on Saturday. They had one endcap display -- the equivalent of one box. No Mr. Gold.
What's the target dpci #?

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Target DPCI is 204001044

abeverage
I'm New !

Post by abeverage » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 am

auralgami wrote:Target DPCI is 204001044
I tried that DPCI on the mobile site with no luck :(

I stopped by my local FRED MEYER (Treasure Valley) and no such luck yet...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:00 am

auralgami wrote:Target DPCI is 204001044
Thanks a bunch!! Hunting today. hahaha.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 am

No luck so far here. :/ I have usually been on the frontlines at local Freddie's stores. I think that the re-sellers may have already snapped them all up.

abeverage
I'm New !

Post by abeverage » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

ritzcrackerman wrote:No luck so far here. :/ I have usually been on the frontlines at local Freddie's stores. I think that the re-sellers may have already snapped them all up.
Where is here?

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 am

auralgami wrote:I picked up a full set from Target on Saturday. They had one endcap display -- the equivalent of one box. No Mr. Gold.
Thanks for the heads up! The hunt is on!