The Monster Fighters are not in the New Spring Lego Catalog

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: The Monster Fighters are not in the New Spring Lego Cata

Post by emazers » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 pm

The Monster Fighters are done, The haunted House will be out for another year.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 am

Local lego store has managed 20% off on all of the MF sets except Haunted House, and all of them were gone. I consider they were happy about it because they have room for summer sets.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 pm

legohunter wrote:Local lego store has managed 20% off on all of the MF sets except Haunted House, and all of them were gone. I consider they were happy about it because they have room for summer sets.
Haunted House at 20% or more would be nice, hate these exclusives sets which we will never see them on clearance at 50% or more.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:35 am

I've been to 4 walmarts and 3 targets in the last three days and none of them had MF sets. I was hoping to stock up but I guess I lost out. So sad.

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:45 am

You may know this already, but especially at Walmart, make sure to find out whether there is a separate "clearance" section somewhere in the store. I've been to many Walmarts in MD and VA, and quite a few along I-95 between DC and Boston. Most of these stores have separate clearance sections for most of the year (I say most because some may pack up the clearance stuff and store it in backrooms during their peak holiday sales period).

If you find a separate clearance section (and, sadly, many of you may know this too), there is a strong likelihood that it is an incredible mess. The vast majority of Walmart clearance sections I've seen in recent months (appx 25) are extremely disorganized. Those are the good ones. I don't know how to describe the others. Some aren't just an organizational disaster; they are filthy and populated by way too many opened and obviously damaged goods. Regardless of its condition, you can never assume that Lego sets will be found together or even close by in a Walmart clearance section. They could be on any shelf and could be buried underneath or behind other things. Sometimes a single set is tucked away by itself. And sometimes, though certainly not always, you find an unopened set in decent shape that is a very, very good deal. (I guess that's why I keep inflicting this experience on myself.)

Finally, remember that you rely on the marked price of a Walmart product at your peril. (And if you rely on Walmart shelf stickers for product prices, you are either visiting your first Walmart or need professional help). I have found many cases where the clearance price on an item (usu a big red and white sticker) is wrong and the actual price is lower ... and every once in a while, a lot lower. Just fyi, Walmart's iPhone app lets you go into "store mode" where you can scan any item in that store and get its current price, just as if you brought it to an in-store price scanner (which assumes you were nice to the big box gods and find yourself in the rare Walmart with scanners that work). I use the app quite a bit and find that it works well. Whenever it can't find a price, the store scanner usually fails to find it too.

Hope this is helpful. If not, I hope some part of it made you smile, at least those of you who (like me) feel compelled to slog through various Walmarts hoping to stretch our Lego buying budget a little further by unearthing a bargain or two.