ToysRUS CHIMA Challenge Saturday 26th 12-2PM

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

ToysRUS CHIMA Challenge Saturday 26th 12-2PM

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 pm

CHIMA event.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Re: ToysRUS CHIMA Challenge Saturday 26th 12-2PM

Post by evo8hks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Do you get a free "speedorz"?

bryceejones
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bryceejones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I heard from a source who works at Toys'r'Us there is no give away.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 pm

if you add a pair of wheels to the rear of a speedor its very fast. hehehehe!

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Our local TRU once again did a less than spectacular job with this LEGO event. They didn't start setting up until the scheduled start time, so lots of kids and parents were waiting around for it to start. The first thing they setup was a TV playing the episodes that were on the Cartoon Network. They said the third episode would play after the first two, but we didn't feel like sitting around for 2 hours waiting for the third episode.

I think LEGO somewhat dropped the ball on this one too. No giveaways other than a poster that they've been giving away for weeks. Also, the event itself was to do some Chima events with the Speedorz, but the kids had to wait in line so long to get their turn, that many were getting bored.

Overall, this was the least impressive TRU/LEGO event we've seen, and we've been to most of them over the past few years.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

They did one in the LEGO store this weekend, too, that was much better (the ramp was sturdier, the target was clearer) - and they had a little accessory pack to give out with the same poster. Honestly, the accessory pack was also a little lame - a special zip cord with cover, a couple cards and a holograph-over-foam keychain - but my son was happy with it. I might be mistaken, but I think this is continuing for a few days? I don't have a store calendar handy to check...